Mizzouri State Pol Proposes Strike Legislation

Those “small government” conservatives are at it again.

great bill

you protest, lose scholly

Good move.

It’s called consequences.

The unintended consequences of that bill will be satisfyingly awesome.

"They want to call us student athletes. But they keep us out of the student part of it," Simon said.

However, someone a lot less stupid, even in Missouri, will put a stop to it before it triggers a chain reaction.

Agree. Excellent idea.

clt says unions are counter productive.

Nc needs a bill:

no state funded school AD shall receive a stage paycheck if 5 year average rolling RPI and/or attendance decreases more than 150%

Yes, heaven forbid we let anyone exercise their first amendment rights these days.

I’d get fired from my job if I protested and refused to work, why shouldn’t they lose their scholarship?

nobody stopped their right to protest.

Charlotte2002, so you think it’s okay to force the resignation of the UM Pres. for sh&t he didn’t do? You want to bitch, don’t do it with public $$$$.

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:2, topic:30042”]great bill

you protest, lose scholly[/quote]

Why should the government dictate that policy when it is not all government money that funds that scholarship? If a school wants to create that policy, they can go through the proper steps to implement, why should it be dictated by some State politician?

[quote=“ninerID, post:3, topic:30042”]Good move.

It’s called consequences.[/quote]

If you agree then Big Government is okay?

A lot of private money involved too, which was what broke the camel’s back. Do I agree that the President should have taken the brunt of the situation, no, but accountability is a significant part of a high level position.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:13, topic:30042”][quote=“ninerID, post:3, topic:30042”]Good move.

If you agree then Big Government is okay?[/quote]

I view this as proper stewardship of state funds…

[quote=“s9er, post:15, topic:30042”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:13, topic:30042”][quote=“ninerID, post:3, topic:30042”]Good move.

I view this as proper stewardship of state funds…[/quote]
Again, scholarships are not funded with only state funds. Why can’t the school dictate the policy instead of some political blow hard looking for attention?

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:16, topic:30042”][quote=“s9er, post:15, topic:30042”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:13, topic:30042”][quote=“ninerID, post:3, topic:30042”]Good move.

Again, scholarships are not funded with only state funds. Why can’t the school dictate the policy instead of some political blow hard looking for attention?[/quote]

These students are getting a free education to play football. If they’re refusing to play football they should give up their scholarship to someone whose willing play.

[quote=“trickynbc, post:17, topic:30042”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:16, topic:30042”][quote=“s9er, post:15, topic:30042”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:13, topic:30042”][quote=“ninerID, post:3, topic:30042”]Good move.

Again, scholarships are not funded with only state funds. Why can’t the school dictate the policy instead of some political blow hard looking for attention?[/quote]

These students are getting a free education to play football. If they’re refusing to play football they should give up their scholarship to someone whose willing play.[/quote]

I will give everyone a chance to answer the actual question I posed.

[quote=“trickynbc, post:17, topic:30042”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:16, topic:30042”][quote=“s9er, post:15, topic:30042”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:13, topic:30042”][quote=“ninerID, post:3, topic:30042”]Good move.

These students are getting a free education to play football. If they’re refusing to play football they should give up their scholarship to someone whose willing play.[/quote]
yup. cut and dry
not sure why people make this left/right thing

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:16, topic:30042”][quote=“s9er, post:15, topic:30042”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:13, topic:30042”][quote=“ninerID, post:3, topic:30042”]Good move.

Athletic departments across the land are heavily dependent on student funds and state funds. Scholarship athletes have terrific down stream impacts on the success of an athletic department… Try to think big picture