MLB about to get cranked up, who do you pull for?

This. GO BRAVES.[/quote]

this

What she said.

[quote=“X-49er, post:23, topic:25083”]

What she said.[/quote]

2nd

[quote=“Tintin, post:17, topic:25083”]I am also a Pirates fan and am hardcore about it. I’m 40 and don’t ever remember not being a Pirates fan. There are zillions of us out here. If they are ever good, you’’ see how big this fanbase is.[/quote]’

Agree!! This thread comes around every year and it is the only chance I have to say THIS MIGHT BE OUR YEAR! GO BUCS!! Talk about sticking with a team through the bad years.

Oh and I have to say, as a Pirates fans, I HATE the Braves. HATE HATE HATE the Braves…Jealous = yes…still hate them though

[quote=“49er96, post:26, topic:25083”][quote=“Tintin, post:17, topic:25083”]I am also a Pirates fan and am hardcore about it. I’m 40 and don’t ever remember not being a Pirates fan. There are zillions of us out here. If they are ever good, you’’ see how big this fanbase is.[/quote]’

Agree!! This thread comes around every year and it is the only chance I have to say THIS MIGHT BE OUR YEAR! GO BUCS!! Talk about sticking with a team through the bad years.

Oh and I have to say, as a Pirates fans, I HATE the Braves. HATE HATE HATE the Braves…Jealous = yes…still hate them though[/quote]

Braves fans to me are like Carolina fans. That are rah-rah mesh hat tshirts from Walmart whenthey are winning, but they put 15,000 people a night in the TED when they aren’t good. They also think since they are decent that they as fans know the game better than you who root for a bad team.
Oh and they’ve won three titles in 130 years.

[quote=“Tintin, post:27, topic:25083”][quote=“49er96, post:26, topic:25083”][quote=“Tintin, post:17, topic:25083”]I am also a Pirates fan and am hardcore about it. I’m 40 and don’t ever remember not being a Pirates fan. There are zillions of us out here. If they are ever good, you’’ see how big this fanbase is.[/quote]’

Oh and I have to say, as a Pirates fans, I HATE the Braves. HATE HATE HATE the Braves…Jealous = yes…still hate them though[/quote]

Braves fans to me are like Carolina fans. That are rah-rah mesh hat tshirts from Walmart whenthey are winning, but they put 15,000 people a night in the TED when they aren’t good. They also think since they are decent that they as fans know the game better than you who root for a bad team.
Oh and they’ve won three titles in 130 years.[/quote]

Just for you TinTin:

Trust me. Going back to Pittsburgh up 3-2 in 1991 and being shut out twice to not go to the Series hurt a whole lot more than when Sid slid in '92. We were the best team in baseball in 1991. In 1992 the Braves were much better.
Having said that, the ump squeezed Stan Belinsa in the 9th to give Atlanta the baserunners to allow Sid to Slide.
Our iconic moment is a ninth inning HR to win the World Series. The Braves iconic moment is a real slow 1b sliding into home to win the BLCS and and two hippies chasing a fourty year old black man around the bases. Advantage always: Pittsburgh.

[quote=“X-49er, post:28, topic:25083”][quote=“Tintin, post:27, topic:25083”][quote=“49er96, post:26, topic:25083”][quote=“Tintin, post:17, topic:25083”]I am also a Pirates fan and am hardcore about it. I’m 40 and don’t ever remember not being a Pirates fan. There are zillions of us out here. If they are ever good, you’’ see how big this fanbase is.[/quote]’

Just for you TinTin:

[/quote]

I support the World Series Champion, San Francisco Giants.

I will delve into the details of how I became a Giants fan for anyone who cares.

[quote=“Tintin, post:27, topic:25083”][quote=“49er96, post:26, topic:25083”][quote=“Tintin, post:17, topic:25083”]I am also a Pirates fan and am hardcore about it. I’m 40 and don’t ever remember not being a Pirates fan. There are zillions of us out here. If they are ever good, you’’ see how big this fanbase is.[/quote]’

I couldn’t agree more.

Look at that picture. Bream was OUT!!!

Tintin, the Braves averaged 30k a game last year, so surely you jest.

A better example would be Phillies fans, who before their recent run, used to average only about 20k in a 50k stadium.

Of course, the Pirates are always battling the Marlins each year for the worst attendance in baseball crown, so I’m sure you’d know something about it.

[quote=“Tintin, post:27, topic:25083”]Braves fans to me are like Carolina fans. That are rah-rah mesh hat tshirts from Walmart whenthey are winning, but they put 15,000 people a night in the TED when they aren’t good. They also think since they are decent that they as fans know the game better than you who root for a bad team.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

[quote=“Tintin, post:29, topic:25083”]Trust me. Going back to Pittsburgh up 3-2 in 1991 and being shut out twice to not go to the Series hurt a whole lot more than when Sid slid in '92. We were the best team in baseball in 1991. In 1992 the Braves were much better.
Having said that, the ump squeezed Stan Belinsa in the 9th to give Atlanta the baserunners to allow Sid to Slide.
Our iconic moment is a ninth inning HR to win the World Series. The Braves iconic moment is a real slow 1b sliding into home to win the BLCS and and two hippies chasing a fourty year old black man around the bases. Advantage always: Pittsburgh[/quote]

I don’t remember the 1991 team being any better than than the 1992 Pirates. They were both great. Drabek pitched a gem in Game 7
and had the Braves baffled all night until Pendleton ripped the double in the 9th. The critical play was the error by Lind, a guy that had
made 6 errors all season and was likely the 2nd best fielding 2B (behind Alomar) in the Majors. Lind’s error was just as unlikely as
Cabrera’s hit and Sid Bream making it home from 2nd base on a single into left field.

[quote=“Tintin, post:27, topic:25083”]Braves fans to me are like Carolina fans. That are rah-rah mesh hat tshirts from Walmart whenthey are winning, but they put 15,000 people a night in the TED when they aren’t good. They also think since they are decent that they as fans know the game better than you who root for a bad team.

Ouch! Haha! That may be true for the post '91 fans. But for the fans prior to that, for most of the 70s and 80s we were like the 2000’s Pirates. Carolina bball has never had to endure that.

I know plenty of intelligent Braves fans that follow everything about them from A to the Majors. I understand why you would say that, but that isn’t the case for all Braves fans.

BTW GO BRAVES!!!

When you can stop caring about the new baseball season.

lol

[quote=“Ruckus42, post:36, topic:25083”]I know plenty of intelligent Braves fans that follow everything about them from A to the Majors. I understand why you would say that, but that isn’t the case for all Braves fans.

BTW GO BRAVES!!![/quote]

Fair enough. Just most of them.
but most Braves fans don’t know other players on other teams (like Carolina fans). They only know Braves.
They get their info from Choptalk.com. They learned the game from their announcers, which minus Skip is awful. And they freakin scream on every fly ball ever hit like it’s a home run.

Got to see the second favorite team tonight in Winston Salem. Unfortunately they lost 3-0 to the Dash but the regulars only got 1 at bat and as best I can remember none of the pitchers that pitched for the White Sox are on the opening day roster.

Paul Konerko is listed at 6-2 220 and he looked tiny compared to Adam Dunn.

I don’t watch much baseball, but I’ve been to games of the Charlotte 49ers, Charlotte Knights, Kannapolis Intimidators, & Gastonia Grizzlies. I also used to have a Hickory Crawdads shirt years ago. :stuck_out_tongue: