MLB Network

Anybody else as pumped as me on this start up?
I’ve been watching the runup all day.
I’m a Pirates fan and am fully aware how bad my team is, but I’d rather watch them lose 16-0 to the Padres than watch all of these mediocre college bowl games.
I’m watching this network like my wife watches “Sex and the City” reruns; with a stupid dumb smile on my face.

Tintin

[QUOTE=Tintin;373442]Anybody else as pumped as me on this start up?
I’m a Pirates fan and am fully aware how bad my team is, but I’d rather watch them lose 16-0 to the Padres than watch all of these mediocre college bowl games.
I’m watching this network like my wife watches “Sex and the City” reruns; with a stupid dumb smile on my face.

Tintin[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, it’s not on TWC?

Ehh, not a big MLB guy here. I’ve been to MLB games, Niner baseball games, etc, but I’d probably watch the NCAA, NFL, and NBA before watching the MLB.

PNC park is a beauty I will say…

[QUOTE=thelew1014;373443]Let me guess, it’s not on TWC?[/QUOTE]

Nope, channel 144 on Greensboro cable or channel 573 in HD.

Tintin

http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/network/index.jsp

Woohoo thanks for posting this. I saw a commercial for it today, but didn’t realize it started today. I’m waching it as we speak on 213 DirecTV.

Watching the Larsen perfect game right now.

video quality is terrible - but it was 1956, so it is probably pretty good for the era.

However, the announcers are OUTSTANDING.

my god, it is refreshing to hear announcers who know when to SHUT UP.

the constant babbling of today’s announcers (in any sport) is terrible.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;373450]Watching the Larsen perfect game right now.

video quality is terrible - but it was 1956, so it is probably pretty good for the era.

However, the announcers are OUTSTANDING.

my god, it is refreshing to hear announcers who know when to SHUT UP.

the constant babbling of today’s announcers (in any sport) is terrible.[/QUOTE]

I’m loving the commercials too!!!

This is good stuff. It’s cool to see players like Yogi Berra batting.

very interesting that Whitey Ford was in the bullpen, late in the game, for the Yanks.

commercials are funny as hell…I don’t remember the mid 50’s. But I do remember the late 60’s with somewhat similar commercials and remember black and white TV very well.

One day, my Dad came home and said he bought a color TV and my Mom was pissed.

She thought he wasted a bunch of money. We had a TV (yes, I said ONE) that worked fine and she thought we didn’t need another one.

[QUOTE=Tintin;373442]Anybody else as pumped as me on this start up?

Tintin[/QUOTE]

I’m a Reds fan and am fully aware how bad my team is, but I’d rather watch them lose 16-0 to the Padres than watch all of these mediocre college bowl games.

It amazing how those of us who follow crappy baseball teams can enjoy this stuff.

clt is watching as well, clt endorses baseball

“Enclclopedia of baseball is vest pocket size …”

NICE.

Wow, just saw Mickey Mantle hit a home run!!! Now I know how my dad felt when he watched the games back in the day.

I love Vin Scully telling you it was perfect game WITHOUT telling you it was a perfect game.
“I’m sure no batter has ever faced the pressure that Dale Mitchell is facing right now with two outs in the ninth”

I’m also loving the crowd rushing Larsen and trying to steal his cap. Where were the Showpro’s?

Tintin

Yea i watched some of it the other day (during the previews) with the Kirk Gibson “improbable shot” off of Eck…
-Man I may have been a couple years old when that happened but when you watch it happen and his reaction you really see how he truly hit that with only one arm and ran one on leg around the bases. (this from a Phillies fan.)

I noticed last night that in their ‘Studio 42’ they have the ‘Hit Bull win Steak’ sign up behind the outfield wall, like they have at the DBAP. Very nice!!