More BS...

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/colleges/14541928.htm

We WUZ robbed!

Gee, an official response after two months. Sounds like something done in the Katrina aftermath. :rolleyes:

The A-10 needs to send all the skating rink rejects back and spend some money on the one that knows the game.

I didnā€™t know we had a woman commissioner. Unbelievable! Weā€™ve got to get out of this conference. Judy probably loves it and is ready to set up camp here until she retires (more than a decade from now).

They just didnt want the best team in the A-10ā€¦Niners of courseā€¦to beat their pride and joy Top 10 team.

When asked this week to explain the discrepancy between her review and Connolly's statements, Bruno said the official called the technical "verbally."

Verbally???

Verballyā€¦ I betā€¦ thats called not wanting to admit you made a mistake.

It was just one of [I]those [/I]seasonsā€¦ rough year.

Bruno and the A-10 apparently subscribe to the notion of ā€˜secret fouls and technicalsā€™, akin to the double secret probation by Dean Werner in Animal House.

This is a hack job. The A-10 and Bruno had an opportunity to step to the plate and improve the league by admitting the officiating needs to improve. Instead they choose the political route of doing nothing and maintaining the status quo. This is not a good sign for the direction of the A-10.

A-10 baseball umps are actually worse than A-10 basketball refs. Itā€™s pitiful.

I just asked another teacher here at my school, who has reffed college b-ball before. He said that heā€™s never seen or heard or a technical being given ā€œverbally.ā€ I hate to say it, but when it comes to this kind of stuff the A-10 is completely bush league.

Bad call but we kicked their butts for the majority of the game. Redundant rant but make free throws, play better D and hit easy shots and the bad call is irrelevant at that point. We had no business even being in position for that to have an impact on the outcome.

And the A-10 officiating sucked from day 1 so it shouldnā€™t be surprise that it remained consistent throughout the season. Didnā€™t help that we were newcomers to the league.

Luckily for us, the call had no bearing on our post-season opportunities.
Maybe the A-10 will ā€œverballyā€ repay us the favor they owe us when it will be more beneficial to us.

Bad call but we kicked their butts for the majority of the game. Redundant rant but make free throws, play better D and hit easy shots and the bad call is irrelevant at that point. We had no business even being in position for that to have an impact on the outcome.

And the A-10 officiating sucked from day 1 so it shouldnā€™t be surprise that it remained consistent throughout the season. Didnā€™t help that we were newcomers to the league.

God, that game was painful.
Next yearā€¦

Same crap different conference. Did we not get this same garbage from the CUSA office?

Verbally!!! Are you shitting me!!!

NOBODYā€¦and I mean [SIZE=5]NOBODY [/SIZE][SIZE=2]other than that BITCH of a ref heard ANY technical called, signalled, whatever!!![/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]This makes me sick.[/SIZE]

I bet coach Lutz has invested in many bottles of Maloxx since getting into the A10.
Seems they just want to put him on the bench and show him whos boss. I sure hope our new players can come in and help our returning team kick some tail this year. Even with bad refs a great team can overcome a certain number of bad calls etc. I think he held his own and maintained class with his response to the decision. Its water under the bridgeā€¦but I bet coach wakes up thinking of situations like this many nights each week. My personal opinion: I hope coach Lutz can turn over the keys to the point guard and let them run the major portion of the game and save his fire for the dire straights.