More on a Med School

[URL]http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_news/story/474131.html[/URL]

[I]“A UNC Chapel Hill proposal would add 70 medical students to each entering class, with 50 doing their final two years of work in Charlotte”[/I]

[I]“The proposal has already expanded. Talks between UNC’s medical school and Charlotte’s Carolinas Medical Center started in December 2006, with the school considering only an outpost in Charlotte.[/I]
[I]Roper pointed out that [B]Charlotte is the largest city in the United States without a medical school[/B].”[/I]

Charlotte already missed the boat on the law school… and now they are missing the boat on a Med school. If we don’t get a dental school they can kiss high alumni donations goodbye.

Charlotte is the largest city in the United States without a medical school?

Hey, aren’t we the biggest and fastest growing research-intensive University in Charlotte??

Hey…I don’t get it.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;291088]Charlotte is the largest city in the United States without a medical school?

Hey, aren’t we the biggest and fastest growing research-intensive University in Charlotte??

Hey…I don’t get it.[/QUOTE]

Its simple. The UNC System is not an organization of 16 equal Universities. It is a cabal and monopoly that makes sure that 2 and 2/3rds of the universities (UNCCH, NC School of Arts, UNCR) get to maintain their domination while the other 16 are artifically kept in their places. ECU has no idea how lucky they are to have Med and Dental Schools.

I know, I was just being sarcastic.

It’s all so sad.

Ninercentral is right. First the law school. And now the med school. This spineless administration has failed the future of this University. And it just hurts to witness it.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;291107]I know, I was just being sarcastic.

It’s all so sad.

Ninercentral is right. First the law school. And now the med school. This spineless administration has failed the future of this University. And it just hurts to witness it.[/QUOTE]

Well see here is where I’m put in the horrible situation of defending this Administration.

How many here would tell their bosses they’re wrong and then go to the paper and TV news and say the same thing when their boss told them to shut the f*** up if you want to keep your job? That’s were Phil’s at. If he says boo! hes as good as out the door in a 2 year period.

Now they wouldn’t fire him, but they would make his job so difficult that he would resign eventually.

He works for Bowles who works for the BoG who work for the legislature who’s full of Tarhole graduates and thus…the system works for one campus’s wishes. Everything we have at Charlotte since day one back in 1967 is because Chapel Hell said we could have it. Unlike ECU, which occassionally had leaders with ballzz, we haven’t since Bonnie was shown the door.

Now admittedly, if Dubois was willing to take the beating he could start stinking the place up for the Holes. He is a government employee and they are very hard to fire compared to real life, but he obviously is not willing so we’re screwed. Better hope somehow the Engineering program can step up without NCSU interfering because that’s the only hope for a large # of wealthy alumni we now have left.

I have written a piece of legislation about this, and it was passed on 10/18/2007. The study being conducted by CMC has been pushed back 3 months since this was passed, presumably to research this alternative recommendation.

[URL=http://sga.uncc.edu/system/files/AA001+Charlotte+Medical+School.doc][COLOR=black]http://sga.uncc.edu/system/files/AA001+Charlotte+Medical+School.doc[/COLOR][/URL]

edit Take note of the mandates. This didn’t make the chancellor too happy.

clt says this should get better if mayor pat becomes our guvvnor

[QUOTE=cltniners;291166]clt says this should get better if mayor pat becomes our guvvnor[/QUOTE]

49R says Ron Paul has a better chance to be President then Mayor Pat has to be Governor.

Darren you are all over these important issues. Way to be man!

Can you tell us what responses this has recieved so far?