Morehead State Postgame

[quote=ā€œTRLeader, post:14, topic:28424ā€][quote=ā€œNineradvocate, post:11, topic:28424ā€][quote=ā€œTRLeader, post:9, topic:28424ā€]Iā€™m worried about attendance next year.

The hype is goneā€¦the newness is rubbed off.

We play the same schedule of scrubsā€¦and Lambert will probably redshirt some of our best Freshman playmakers (Phillips & Bostic)

Not sure how many of our extremely fairweather fanbase will be excited to go watch that product.[/quote]

That is an insanely pessimistic post (and I know pessimism, I am a black belt).

We have a winning record to play for, revenge, and strong home opponents to end the season. Plus lights for early season heatwave games.

Weā€™ll be fine.[/quote]

Hope soā€¦

I just remember looking at quite a few empty seats for the last home game of our Inaugural year.[/quote]

I would assume next year student ticket allocation will be reduced and we will make more of an effort to sell single game tickets, run promotions, etc.

We should schedule a 12th game against an easy opponent whoā€™s off on Nov. 30 or Dec. 6. Houston Baptist is 3-4, they only played 7 games for some reason. We can beat them to finish 6-6 so we donā€™t have a losing record.

[quote=ā€œNovaNiner, post:21, topic:28424ā€][quote=ā€œTRLeader, post:14, topic:28424ā€][quote=ā€œNineradvocate, post:11, topic:28424ā€][quote=ā€œTRLeader, post:9, topic:28424ā€]Iā€™m worried about attendance next year.

The hype is goneā€¦the newness is rubbed off.

We play the same schedule of scrubsā€¦and Lambert will probably redshirt some of our best Freshman playmakers (Phillips & Bostic)

Not sure how many of our extremely fairweather fanbase will be excited to go watch that product.[/quote]

That is an insanely pessimistic post (and I know pessimism, I am a black belt).

We have a winning record to play for, revenge, and strong home opponents to end the season. Plus lights for early season heatwave games.

Weā€™ll be fine.[/quote]

Hope soā€¦

I just remember looking at quite a few empty seats for the last home game of our Inaugural year.[/quote]

I would assume next year student ticket allocation will be reduced and we will make more of an effort to sell single game tickets, run promotions, etc.[/quote]

I have to Agee with TL on this one. I think there will be plenty of tickets
Available to the last couple of home games next year.

Hopefully 2015 starts the excitement all over again.

Last few years was pushing the fsl which was pricey to alot of people. Late in the game they pushed non-fsl season tickets and it was a success. Iā€™m guessing they arenā€™t selling fsl still? If not they will be pushing season tickets early on which will keep butts in the seats, or at least ticket sales up.

Iā€™m not worried about next season attendance for a few reasons which have mostly been discussed:

1. FSL owners arent going anywhere, they have invested too much and that group represents almost half the stadium. The alumni side showed up for all 6 games this year and stayed for most of the bad losses as well. I see this dedication carrying over.

2. Sell sections 115-118 as season tickets which will reduce the student allotment (since they decided they didnā€™t want them). Season ticket holders will show up. Opposing team fans will gobble up the limited tickets available through individual/3rd party sales if our own alumni donā€™t want them. I assume we continue to reserve a very limited amount for the opposing team to distribute.

3. 2nd class of freshmen during the football era meaning our students are also maturing to the game and will be better prepared for tailgating etc.

4. we have some talented teams coming into Richardson Stadium which will hopefully cause some excitement. People will still be interested in seeing how we improved and how we stack up to good FCS teams prior to our jump to FBS.

5. we have to win games or make them competitive leading up to our final 3 home games. The more wins we have, the more fans we gain. I hope a year of growth helps our young team win some of those battles we lost this year, especially on defense.

This was a great way to go out in our first season. The hardships this year will keep our guys hungry and focused this off-season. We showed some good talent at almost every position, which will only improve with age. Looking forward to next year with more scholarship guys on the field and more experienced sophomores on the field.

I am a bit selfish in that I donā€™t want to see Bostic and Phillips sit next year. I am a big fan of the 3-4, but I am not sure it matches our players yet. Larry isnā€™t hour typical nose in a 3-4, which is usually a massive, powerful, squat, and usually overweight that is only their to clog the middle and take two blockers every play. I think Larry would shine more in a 4-3 where he could play more like Sap. Then again, by 2015, they may have the players they need for that defense. A misplaced 3-4 canā€™t stop the pass or run very well. The 4-3 is more conservative, features the defensive line and can better handle smaller/faster linebackers ing the outside like Thompson. On the offense, we need to learn to take an occasional snap from center. How could anyone be surprised that running a delayed handoff from the shotgun on your own goal-line would result in a safety?

Enough, this season was a ton of fun. Overall, the media, fans, players, coaches and Admin were impressive.

Truth be told, im completely satisfied with this 1st season. Me and my gf (who undergradā€™d at ECU but received her MBA at THE UNCC) was able to hit up one game this year (Wesley College). Awesome time we had. I was able to watch every televised game the saturdayā€™s that we were not in town.

I simply feel that our football program is off to an amazing start and weā€™ll continue to recruit very quality players these first couple of years. On top of that once the word spreads that we have an official football team, weā€™ll get even more casual fans who arent even affiliated with UNCC. Hereā€™s the thing, we are located in the biggest city between ATL and DC, so parents of kids who play pee wee, gradeschool football, etc will start showing up knowing that we have major college football 10miles from Uptown.

Definitely looking forward to the 2014 schedule!!!