Morehead State Postgame

We have won the first game we ever scheduled, and broke the 60 point threshold.

Matt Johnson and Demarral Alexander both RUSHED for 100+ yards and Kalif and AB both got close to 100 yards.

Mark Hogan ends his playing career with 2 sacks.

[size=6]Niners 61 - Eagle 17[/size]

This is an excellent way to finish the season. It should give us momentum going into next season.

Good game! Struggled earlier but got things together after a few possessions. What a day on the ground! Just outstanding!

Thought it was funny when the announcers for the game kept calling Kaliff Phillips, ā€œKaleb Phillipsā€ hahaha :))

1st year is in the booksā€¦ Nice ground game with a lot of folks touching the ball with a 68 yard TD by Johnsonā€¦

And the D seemed to learn and grow, the off season will really benefit them.

We should have a very good 2014 and keep building for 2015.

Look forward to April 5th and the spring game.

Hats off to our players and the coaches. Blow out for the first game and another one to end the season.

We could have scored 70+ and ran for over 500 yards had Coach Lambert not tried to slow this down a lot.

2 100 yd rushersā€¦neither named Phillips or Barnwell!!!

5 different players had rushes of 49yds or longer!!!

Strong finish. Good work boys.

Solid game, fun first year.

Iā€™m worried about attendance next year.

The hype is goneā€¦the newness is rubbed off.

We play the same schedule of scrubsā€¦and Lambert will probably redshirt some of our best Freshman playmakers (Phillips & Bostic)

Not sure how many of our extremely fairweather fanbase will be excited to go watch that product.

[quote=ā€œTRLeader, post:9, topic:28424ā€]Iā€™m worried about attendance next year.

We play the same schedule of scrubsā€¦and Lambert will probably redshirt some of our best Freshman playmakers (Phillips & Bostic)

Not sure how many of our extremely fairweather fanbase will be excited to go watch that product.[/quote]

Thanks for gheying-up the thread.

Back on topic:

Postgame interview:

49ers leaving the field:

[quote=ā€œTRLeader, post:9, topic:28424ā€]Iā€™m worried about attendance next year.

Not sure how many of our extremely fairweather fanbase will be excited to go watch that product.[/quote]

That is an insanely pessimistic post (and I know pessimism, I am a black belt).

We have a winning record to play for, revenge, and strong home opponents to end the season. Plus lights for early season heatwave games.

Weā€™ll be fine.

[quote=ā€œ49RFootballNow, post:10, topic:28424ā€]Back on topic:

Postgame interview:

http://youtu.be/gz_BTKbEHIY[/quote]

Is that Larry Ogunjobi? Yeah, he is impressive. Really love what Hogan told them too. Class act.

[quote=ā€œNineradvocate, post:12, topic:28424ā€][quote=ā€œ49RFootballNow, post:10, topic:28424ā€]Back on topic:

Postgame interview:

http://youtu.be/gz_BTKbEHIY[/quote]

Is that Larry Ogunjobi? Yeah, he is impressive. Really love what Hogan told them too. Class act.[/quote]

Thatā€™s the O-GUN

[quote=ā€œNineradvocate, post:11, topic:28424ā€][quote=ā€œTRLeader, post:9, topic:28424ā€]Iā€™m worried about attendance next year.

We have a winning record to play for, revenge, and strong home opponents to end the season. Plus lights for early season heatwave games.

Weā€™ll be fine.[/quote]

Hope soā€¦

I just remember looking at quite a few empty seats for the last home game of our Inaugural year.

[quote=ā€œNineradvocate, post:11, topic:28424ā€][quote=ā€œTRLeader, post:9, topic:28424ā€]Iā€™m worried about attendance next year.

Weā€™ll be fine.[/quote]

Agree. Many thousands of people had a great time at our games. The word will spread far and wide that a game at JR stadium is a great way to spend your Saturday. We also will have lights and hopefully avoid the heat wave games we had this year plus our home schedule is loaded in the back half of the schedule.

This season wasnā€™t a perfect start but it had a lot of highs as well as the lows and my family had a good time at every game.

I canā€™t wait for next season.

The home schedule will be much better than this year. Coastal, JMU, and Charleston Southern at home. JCSU will be a sellout as well.

Back to the game, this was a nice feel good game to have to close the season out.

Happy to see our offense make them look like the worst defense in the FCS, which they are.

We still have a lot of work to do on D, but an offseason in the weight room and adding more schollys will help us there tremendously.

Looking forward to signing day and the spring game!!

clt says tickets will be hard to get next year.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/11/23/4491730/charlotte-49ers-bid-fond-farewell.html#.UpFUfuJ0n5R

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/11/23/4492193/charlotte-49ers-have-momentum.html#.UpFV7-J0n5R

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/11/23/4491141/charlotte-49ers-end-inaugural.html#.UpFWB-J0n5R

I canā€™t believe this season is already over. The whole football experience at Charlotte far exceeded my wildest expectations, and I just want to thank everyone that made it possible :).

It was great to go out on a performance like this, we have momentum going into next year, and some marquee opponents (mostly at home) that will hopefully prepare us for the jump in 2015. Itā€™s great to be along for this ride, and I canā€™t wait till next year :slight_smile: