Most ignorant fan bases?

Who do you all consider to be the most ignorant fan bases? By this I mean, which teams have fans that don’t know jack about the rest of the league/conference, or even very much about their own team and its history.

IMO…

NFL: Cowboys. A great combination of being ignorant, obnoxious, and flat out dumb.

NBA: Lakers. It’s not even close. In fact there is no second place.

MLB: Red Sox. Ten years ago I would have said Braves or Yankees, but it seems like 95% of Red Sox fans today can’t name more than 2 or 3 players on the team, and can’t name any from before about 2000. They are the trendy team to pull for.

College football: Ohio State. Jesus those are some dumbass fans.

College basketball: UNC Chapel Hill. The folks who actually went there really are pretty knowledgable. It’s WalMart Nation (99% of their fanbase) that’s the problem.

College baseball: South Carolina. It’s a requirement to have the IQ of a mentally challenged chicken to be a fan of their baseball team.

NHL: You hockey fans will have to come up with this one, I don’t follow hockey close enough.

NASCAR: I’d have to say Dale Jr fans. The fact that none of them can admit he has been sucking for two years is really amazing. I guess maybe they are more delusional than they are ignorant. Actually, no, they are pretty damn ignorant.

you’re pretty spot-on, Chi

NFL: Cowboys. A great combination of being ignorant, obnoxious, and flat out dumb.
their aint no such thing as a ignorant Cowboy fan.
College basketball: UNC Chapel Hill. The folks who actually went there really are pretty knowledgable. It's WalMart Nation (99% of their fanbase) that's the problem.
You aint got no idea what your talking about. Us Carolina fans know everything their is too know about basketball. Why do you call us Chapel Hill? We are just plane UNC. You are a Hater.
We are just plane UNC..

Awesome. What kind of plane?

[QUOTE=Chisox17;410901]Awesome. What kind of plane?[/QUOTE]

One a dem dat goes up in da sky!

[QUOTE=Pork Chop;410902]One a dem dat goes up in da sky![/QUOTE]

I always wanted to fly in one but I just can’t afford it. Im still savin up for to see my Heels play some day.

You edicated Niners, whats a plane ride like?

[QUOTE=Chisox17;410897]Who do you all consider to be the most ignorant fan bases? By this I mean, which teams have fans that don’t know jack about the rest of the league/conference, or even very much about their own team and its history.

IMO…

MLB: Red Sox. Ten years ago I would have said Braves or Yankees, but it seems like 95% of Red Sox fans today can’t name more than 2 or 3 players on the team, and can’t name any from before about 2000. They are the trendy team to pull for.

College basketball: UNC Chapel Hill. The folks who actually went there really are pretty knowledgable. It’s WalMart Nation (99% of their fanbase) that’s the problem.

College baseball: South Carolina. It’s a requirement to have the IQ of a mentally challenged chicken to be a fan of their baseball team.

NHL: You hockey fans will have to come up with this one, I don’t follow hockey close enough.

NASCAR: I’d have to say Dale Jr fans. The fact that none of them can admit he has been sucking for two years is really amazing. I guess maybe they are more delusional than they are ignorant. Actually, no, they are pretty damn ignorant.[/QUOTE]

You’re pretty much dead on! F the Red Sox! Go Yanks!

You’re all over it with Ohio State. Geez, I hate their fans!

You could actually put our fans down for college baseball.

I don’t follow hockey either, but Hurricanes fans can’t know what they’re talking about.

Philadelphia Flyers fans. (hockey).

[QUOTE=Chisox17;410897]Who do you all consider to be the most ignorant fan bases? By this I mean, which teams have fans that don’t know jack about the rest of the league/conference, or even very much about their own team and its history.

IMO…

NASCAR: I’d have to say Dale Jr fans. The fact that none of them can admit he has been sucking for two years is really amazing. I guess maybe they are more delusional than they are ignorant. Actually, no, they are pretty damn ignorant.[/QUOTE]

Agree on NFL and NBA. MLB is a crapshoot, their is plenty of ignorance abound.

College Baseball and College Football is hands down LSU. That is one of the most ignorant fanbases in the world. If you are in a bar and someone is getting in a fight, I bet he went to LSU. If some douchebag wont leave your girlfriend alone at the bar, even though she said no 400 times, he probably played baseball for LSU (happened to me at least 6-10 times).

College Basketball is probably UNC-R fans. Hell they scared away a very good coach to get the pile of poop they have now.

NHL is now probably Bruins fans, but they are being passed along to the Pens, as they get more wal-mart fans.

NASCAR is Kyle Busch fans or the Jeff Gordon fans of 10 years ago.

Every fan base has them.

any fan who says “MY” fill in the blank team is an ignorant fan

Philadelphia Flyers fans. (hockey).

Yeah, them and the Pens.

Lots of people jumped on the Pens wagon with Crosby and Malkin.

any fan who says "MY" *fill in the blank team* is an ignorant fan

I am not sure that I get your point. If I say my Niners won last night what is wrong with that? I graduated from the school and I send them checks. They are my Niners.

Now if you are thinking “We” I get it. We won last night implies that you were on the court. Most of us say this though. Since I coach from the stands I might be able to get away with “We”.

IMO…

Right on. I’d say 2nd place in the NBA would have to be the Celtics. Texas and Florida have to be up there in college football too. Chapel hill is far and away the overall number one in any sport.

[QUOTE=wayton5646;410916]Right on. I’d say 2nd place in the NBA would have to be the Celtics. Texas and Florida have to be up there in college football too. Chapel hill is far and away the overall number one in any sport.[/QUOTE]

I can vouch and say the Texas fanbase is extremely knowledgeable about their team. Just check out orangebloods.com and see how detailed their site is and how many members. Not to mention I listen to their local caller shows, and they are damn good.

NFL: Patriots fans people, c’mon, the team hires a cheater and now all of a sudden they have bandwagon of ingnorant fans

NBA: Lakers, and it might not be so bad it kobe was on another team, his personality rubs off on the fanbase

MLB: I dont follow MLB well enough to know, but i dont like the yankees so i’ll say their fans

NHL: Couldn’t say, only NHL fans i talk too are canes fans, but we got swept by penguins, so pittsburgh fans can suck it

NCAA FB: OSU, by 20 miles, but hopefully getting blown out in consecutive championship games has calmed them down

NCAA BB: UNCCH or Davidson, doubt that will piss anyone off

NASCAR:

NASCAR is Kyle Busch fans or the Jeff Gordon fans of 10 years ago.

Seriously, rooting for a winner is ignorant? How bout the legions of jr nation who think they root for him because he is a great driver(impossible because it isn’t true). They need to wake up and realize he isnt a clone of dale sr. If he loves the sport he should do the right thing for it and walk away.

You could make a case for Charlotte because most of our fans don’t even know we have a team…

You could make a case for Charlotte because most of our fans don't even know we have a team...
Ouch. That hurt........... but you need to change the term "fans" because if the are fans then they know we have a team. Unfortunately, you make a valid point though.

How about I say fanbase then, as it is more inline with the thread topic, and more accurate.

You could actually put our fans down for college baseball.
Whoa!!! As a season ticket holder, I demand an explanation. Other than yelling at some terrible umps, what have we done?

College Basketball: chapel hill, followed closely by Memphis, NC State.

NFL: Cowboys, followed by Eagles (I know I’m gonna catch some grief on this one).

MLB: Chisox (just kidding Scotty)… actually a tie between Yankees and BoSox.

College Football: THE Ohio State

How about I say fanbase then, as it is more inline with the thread topic, and more accurate.
You have a valid point.