MTSU Postgame

Second half was a bit disappointing, and out of character with what we’ve seen since Christmas break; but after our first three games I never thought we’d ever end up this far this season. Solid turn around, and I’m actually left pretty satisfied as a fan.

All in all I am very proud of this team, however.

Uchebo is one of my all time favorite Niners. Great guy, great heart.

I liked the post game. Our coaching staff has demonstrated a solid understanding of the game and they’re getting the point across that they play guys who give it their all.

Second game in two nights with a short bench showed itself in second half. Well knew tourny play would be tough on this team. That said great season considering where we started. Stage is finally set for us to start moving in the right direction.

Last year I wanted to just blow it all up and start all over. We did that. Only 1 guy from last season actually contributes.

4 months ago blowing it all up didn’t look fun.

This turned out to be one of our most fun seasons in some time. Tough to complain given where last season ended.

We took 10 days off in December. After that break, we went 12-10 in regular season and 13-11 when including the tournament.

After all the early season losses, I thought there was zero chance I would feel good about this season but we really turned things around and got better. I think we’re definitely headed in the right direction for the first time in a long time.

Also, thank you to Joe Uchebo for everything you did this season! You will be missed and were fun to watch this season!

NO way I can see Benas transferring. I think he’ll get better. Blakely only has a year, so who knows about him. I could see Camidge going, because he can go Div. 2 and play right away. So, I think we get Garvin and one other.

With BO and JD basically playing 40 minutes each game, and with our lack of height, beating a team like MTSU was really hard to imagine. Even though we had a lead at half, I just had that feeling that the tied was going to change. Unfortunately that was the case. Next year, we will have at least a 6’6" at the sf when we want. That will make a huge difference in rebounding and, more importantly, challenging interior shots.

I’m sold on Price and Co. for their passion, coaching, recruiting, and leadership. Much better days are ahead!

Losing sucks… But after the 1-8 start this team was a breath of fresh air.

Much work is yet to be done on the court and on the recruiting trail, but I think the footings have been poured.

[quote=“willymo49, post:26, topic:30242”]NO way I can see Benas transferring. I think he’ll get better. Blakely only has a year, so who knows about him. I could see Camidge going, because he can go Div. 2 and play right away. So, I think we get Garvin and one other.

With BO and JD basically playing 40 minutes each game, and with our lack of height, beating a team like MTSU was really hard to imagine. Even though we had a lead at half, I just had that feeling that the tied was going to change. Unfortunately that was the case. Next year, we will have at least a 6’6" at the sf when we want. That will make a huge difference in rebounding and, more importantly, challenging interior shots.

I’m sold on Price and Co. for their passion, coaching, recruiting, and leadership. Much better days are ahead![/quote]

We will probably see one of the 6’6 guys at the 4 spot (PF), not at SF. Price will probably have BO, Jackson, White, Davis and Scott rotating in the 1-3 spots.

The Clemson transfer will also get some time at the 3. I think he has a pretty good handle with the ball.

Did not watch or listen to the game. Read the game account and was floored by that 27-2 run starting at the end of the 1st half and continuing into the 2nd. THAT was crushing to read about. Glad I didn’t see it or listen to it.

BUT…optimistic about next year. We HAVE to get better D play or we’ll continue to struggle no matter how many points we can score.
Overall, considering how we started the season I’m OK with where we were able to get to this year.