Muhsin Muhammad coming back to Carolina??

The Panthers are living in the past. It’s time to take it in a different direction. They were a 7 win team before the signing, and they are a 7 win team now. They are an old, slow team that just got older and slower.

[QUOTE=Tintin;299698]why not.

He blocks, he is OK being the #2 or 3 guy, and he knows the system.

I’d love to have Moose back.

Tintin[/QUOTE]

Not Jeff Davidson’s system he doesn’t, but he is familiar with Smitty and Jake, I’ll give you that. Oh, and where the locker room is of course :wink:

they brought him back and cut Carr.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3267399

I wonder what the cap situation is as of today. saved 4.5 with Foster and 2.8 on Carr. Morgan and Whale were decent savings as well. The $$'s given to Wharton were silly, he has proven to nothing more than decent, not a 36 mill player.

I think it's terrible that the best free agency move we can come up with is a 34 year old receiver.

There is still a lot of time left before free agency is over, but yes, I will also be pissed if the best one is Moose.

[QUOTE=EE9er;299805]There is still a lot of time left before free agency is over, but yes, I will also be pissed if the best one is Moose.[/QUOTE]

amen brother.

There is still a lot of time left before free agency is over, but yes, I will also be pissed if the best one is Moose.

Free agency has not even started. It starts tomorrow (Friday).

Is Moose a good signing?

well, if memory serves me, these are the same folks who touted Carr as a value added signing.

the best thing Carr did during his time in Charlotte was get the heck outta here.

[QUOTE=somosdel;299487]I think its a very solid move. People are talking about his age but you have to realize the reason his numbers went down as well was b/c he had QB’s such as Grossman, Orton, Griese. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? These guys make Delhomme look like an All-Star( and yes I am a Jake fan). Anyways I think he would still have at least 2 solid years left and he is a great blocking WR which would help the running game. If we can get another receiver I think Muhammed would be a great #3 or 4 this year and will contribute greatly.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but that is way out of line from both stats and observations. I believe that Grossman, Orton and Griese combined have had about 5-6 good games between them in their entire career. Jake is no eli, peyton, tom or even tony (jury is out) however his qb rating has always been solid and dont forget his td to intercept rating was 8-1 before he went down, with one good receiver. Leave Jake alone people, I think we all know what happened when he went down.

Moose is a bad signing. How many successful 35 yr old recievers do you know of? Ricky Proehl comes to mind, but he never dropped a ball in his life.

I hope he plays like its a contract year, because historically he only caught balls when his deal was up.

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;299826]Sorry but that is way out of line from both stats and observations. I believe that Grossman, Orton and Griese combined have had about 5-6 good games between them in their entire career. Jake is no eli, peyton, tom or even tony (jury is out) however his qb rating has always been solid and dont forget his td to intercept rating was 8-1 before he went down, with one good receiver. Leave Jake alone people, I think we all know what happened when he went down.[/QUOTE]

Dude I think you took that the wrong way. I’m a huge Jake Delhomme fan, I’m always defending him. I have always thought he is a good QB, any QB that takes a team to 2 NFC Championships and a Super Bowl is above average. He also threw for almost 300yrds in the 2nd half of that super bowl. All Hail MOOSE!!!

Moose is a bad signing. How many successful 35 yr old recievers do you know of? Ricky Proehl comes to mind, but he never dropped a ball in his life.

I hope he plays like its a contract year, because historically he only caught balls when his deal was up.

Marvin Harrison, Jerry Rice, and Tim Brown…just off the top of my head.

[QUOTE=metro;299827]Moose is a bad signing. How many successful 35 yr old recievers do you know of? Ricky Proehl comes to mind, but he never dropped a ball in his life.

I hope he plays like its a contract year, because historically he only caught balls when his deal was up.[/QUOTE]

Contract year production = spot on

This was a money move also, meaning we ain’t got any to spend.

Marvin Harrison, Jerry Rice, and Tim Brown...just off the top of my head.

3 of the greatest recievers of all time…and you are comparing “decoy” to them. :lmao:
btw, all of them were extremely fast and reliable, Moose is neither, his drops are notorious.

don’t get me wrong, Moose was clutch in 2004, but he was 30.

the odds of him being productive at 35 are low. Just this season ticket holders .02.

3 of the greatest recievers of all time....and you are comparing "decoy" to them. :lmao: btw, all of them were extremely fast and reliable, Moose is neither, his drops are notorious.

don’t get me wrong, Moose was clutch in 2004, but he was 30.

the odds of him being productive at 35 are low. Just this season ticket holders .02.

I didn’t say Moose is in the same league. I was just answering your question.

But IMO, anybody is better than what was opposite Steve Smith. Colbert and Carter were not helpful. Letting go of Keyshawn was boneheaded. This almost feels like, hey, lets try to make up for the screwup of letting Keyshawn go. Keyshawn’s talking about coming back, wonder if we can sign him, too, so someone can finally teach Jarrett.

I think it's terrible that the best free agency move we can come up with is a 34 year old receiver. Fox and Hurney have been terrible at the draft. 2nd Rounders- Shelton and Colbert, both gone. It looks like Jarrett will be in their footsteps as well. Terrible evaluators of talent and we make up for it by signing no good free agents.

why do people keep saying “they cant believe this is our big move?”…the free agency doesnt officially start until friday at mignight, and then there is the draft and trades that could happen during the draft.

moose knows the system, fox, steve smith, can teach younger players and be a good posseson receiver…we will get another receiver in free agency or the draft

Free agency has not even started. It starts tomorrow (Friday).

Thank you for further proving my point. So we aren’t officially signing him till tomorrow?

I think Moose can help.
We need Turner.
Sign Vinny as a backup again.
I don’t see how you can ride Jarrett. It was Fox who didn’t play him. You can’t produce if you don’t play.

Looks like Vilma is going tot he Saints and Jenkins to the JEts for only a 3rd and 5th round pick… They should have taken that #2 last year.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;299881]I think Moose can help.
We need Turner.
Sign Vinny as a backup again.
I don’t see how you can ride Jarrett. It was Fox who didn’t play him. You can’t produce if you don’t play.[/QUOTE]

Vinny is too old. I’d love for us to take a run at Turner, I think we won’t spend the money on him. I do love what the panthers are doing right now. They have cleared a lot of cap space, so maybe they will make a push for a big time player.