Muhsin Muhammad coming back to Carolina??

What is everyone thinking?

link:
[URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3266195][COLOR=green]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3266195[/COLOR][/URL]

I think it’s terrible that the best free agency move we can come up with is a 34 year old receiver.
Fox and Hurney have been terrible at the draft. 2nd Rounders- Shelton and Colbert, both gone. It looks like Jarrett will be in their footsteps as well.
Terrible evaluators of talent and we make up for it by signing no good free agents.

You forgot Eric Shelton, one of the all time great busts in Panthers history.

It could be a solid move, IF Moose is willing to accept a third receiver role, like they used Ricky Proehl. Who knows, maybe he can actually help the team get something out of Dwayne Jarrett.

I think its a very solid move. People are talking about his age but you have to realize the reason his numbers went down as well was b/c he had QB’s such as Grossman, Orton, Griese. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? These guys make Delhomme look like an All-Star( and yes I am a Jake fan). Anyways I think he would still have at least 2 solid years left and he is a great blocking WR which would help the running game. If we can get another receiver I think Muhammed would be a great #3 or 4 this year and will contribute greatly.

I would not be to sure to jump back with Jake. I read that he has not even started throwing a real football yet and I heard that he would be the first football player to come back from Tommy John surgery. I heard that so I don’t know. Moose coming back can’t hurt. Also Smith was quoted as saying that Jarrett didn’t play because he could not learn the playbook.

he’s cheap and he has to be better than what we have outside of our core…steve smith

he's cheap and he has to be better than what we have outside of our core...steve smith

Not a panthers fan… (eagles actually) but when moose and steve worked well together that was a dangerous combo… and Yea I agree on the fact he had bad numbers b/c of the lack of a consistent qb.

Well moose would be a better option than carter (who can make big plays, but drops even bigger plays) and colbert (who hasn’t done anything since his rookie year) and jarrett (who hasn’t shown me anything yet). I just hope we can step it up and get a couple big free agents. I hope we look to do some damage in the draft. You can forget about Fox taking a QB early that will ever play. This is a do or die year for him. If carolina has another bad season then Fox is gone. We need a huge free agent to come here kind of like stephen davis a few years back.

If he can still block like he could a few years ago and catch balls when Smitty is being double teamed then good move.

would be a good pick-up. Now if we had Keyshawn still, that would be sweet. It would be an older WR set, but I’d take it.

I think muhammed would not be bad, steve is the speed receiver, mus is a big target, still better than colbert or carter, and can be had pretty cheap. Remember proehl was in his late thirtys when he played here, he wasn’t going to burn anyone but he had sure hands, and i’ll take good hands over quick feet anyday. Also need to pick up and RB from either San Diego, or maybe maurice jones-drew if he can get him from jacksonville.

They need to get younger and faster at receiver. If Moose is a starter, the offense will suck again.

I’m against it but I hope I am wrong

Blocking - thats all well and good but our problem last year was not blocking at the second level it was blocking at the first, so until our line actually learns to do it its a moot point

Catching - many forget the years when he was 50-50 on the catch - spectacular catches were not his thing either

Running - not known for speed

Mentor - this is an overblown concept, if we need a mentor to our 2nd rd pick we should have never selected the guy in the first place

This move smells more like Fox/Hurney trying to save jobs in the present than preparing us for the future. And as some have said, if this is the best we can do in FA…we are in trouble. I just don’t like aged receivers. Experience is great but there is a shelf life on pro football players.

Moose is better than Carter or Colbert and at this point better than Jarret. The salary cap will not allow them to have two all star receivers so they will have to make do with Smith and a viable #2. Moose is exactly that, a perfect compliment to Steve. Smith is entering his prime and we can not waste his best years on constantly drafting young WRs that may or may not pan out. If they can land Turner from SD that will go a LONG way to solving the offensive problems that we have had. No way does JAX let go of Maurice Jones Drew. I would much rather them spend the salary cap money on a RB than a WR and draft to fill defensive and O line needs. Moose will be fine as a #2 and hopefully Jarret develops while Moose is declining.

[QUOTE=NinerAlex;299588]They need to get younger and faster at receiver. If Moose is a starter, the offense will suck again.[/QUOTE]

I don’t agree… but for different reasons.

The WR’s are only the 4th issue IMO.

1.  Better QB play

1.a Better OL play
1.b Better RB production
1.c Find another WR.

If Jake is better, the team will be much better. The TE was fianally used- I think Rosario can be a solid player. Moose is a dominant blocker and has done it before, hopefully he can have a 60 catch season.

I don't agree.. but for different reasons.

The WR’s are only the 4th issue IMO.

1. Better QB play
    1.a Better OL play
    1.b Better RB production
    1.c Find another WR.

If Jake is better, the team will be much better. The TE was fianally used- I think Rosario can be a solid player. Moose is a dominant blocker and has done it before, hopefully he can have a 60 catch season.

I would swap 1. and 1.a

And 1b will come once 1a is addressed. This year proved that it really doesn’t matter who your RB is if your OL is clicking.

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;299591]Moose is better than Carter or Colbert and at this point better than Jarret. The salary cap will not allow them to have two all star receivers so they will have to make do with Smith and a viable #2. Moose is exactly that, a perfect compliment to Steve. Smith is entering his prime and we can not waste his best years on constantly drafting young WRs that may or may not pan out. If they can land Turner from SD that will go a LONG way to solving the offensive problems that we have had. No way does JAX let go of Maurice Jones Drew. I would much rather them spend the salary cap money on a RB than a WR and draft to fill defensive and O line needs. Moose will be fine as a #2 and hopefully Jarret develops while Moose is declining.[/QUOTE]

Many WRs are better than Carter or Colbert, Moose is not the only one. Yes, Cap considerations play a big part but there are reasonably priced WRs available, Moose is not the only one. Smith is not entering his prime, he’s already in it and has been in it for several seasons now. I agree about not wasting him though. Disagree about Turner, why would anybody pay top $ to a backup FA is beyond me. I have a feeling someone is going to have buyers remorse after they acquire Turner. Besides, its been proven RBS have the shortest life span in the league, no need to commit huge $ to one.

why not.

He blocks, he is OK being the #2 or 3 guy, and he knows the system.

I’d love to have Moose back.

Tintin

http://www.charlotte.com/209/story/512409.html

Done