Musberger...

I used to hate him, but he gave us mad props and was very knowledgable of our program. I am now a fan…

On more than one occassion…

“Isn’t this a great setting for college basketball…perfect size…great fans…”

[i]Originally posted by jbpfeen[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 07:44 PM [b] I used to hate him, but he gave us mad props and was very knowledgable of our program. I am now a fan...

On more than one occassion…

“Isn’t this a great setting for college basketball…perfect size…great fans…” [/b]

I AGREE 100%. Musberger and Lavin did an outstanding job! They really did their homework. Anyone got an email address for either one?

They talked about Preston Green and the conditioning program. Showed a before and after of Plavich. The Plav fans would love it. Then they talked about how it helps recruiting…with Antwon Coleman.

Also, talked about Eddie’s story in the paper, how he was a nice guy, etc.

1 quick thing about Musberger…as a reformed bettor,I can always tell announcers who are bettors too…watch a game that Musberger does,he’s 1 of the only announcers who ALWAYS mentions the line…and he usually has it right on…like a guy who’s just gotten off the phone with his bookie! Hope he had a few coin on the niners

Yep, the commentary was good, knowledgable. They seemed to actually care about being here doing this game. Complementary of many things and I was impressed with their work to get and present “inside” knowledge: the history of Diego, the fear/hate we have of the 8/9 NCAA seed and Howard’s Furniture softball championships the Lutzes were involved in. I gave 'em an “A”.

Another note on the game: saw Hizzonor, Mayor McCrory in the house wearing a
#49 NINER jersey with his name on the back.

I agree. I think they did a nice job talking up the program and their commentary seemed balanced between both teams.

They mentioned the campers, Preston Greene, Plavich’s buzzer beater, how nice Halton Arena is, the Observer story on Eddie, etc.

I think the producer or director deserves thanks for showing all the visual tidbits of Plavich, Greene, etc. I was hoping they would show that vertical leap video of Mitchell.

anyone selling game tape?

[i]Originally posted by minerniner[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 08:25 PM [b] anyone selling game tape? [/b]
out of all the games i recorded... this one i forgot about - i was going to record it as i was leaving and just forgot about it. i figured someone here would have it, but now that they're being sold i can't believe i didn't record it..

Who’s selling tape/ DVD’s of the UC game?

I just watched the game again and was pleasently surprised by Musburger’s treatment of our program. He really talked us up. If I just misspelled his name, it makes up for him confusing EJ Drayton and Martin Iti all game. Other than that, he did a fabulous job, going beyond just his note cards on each player. He had little tidbits about Leemire playing great in AAU ball down in Florida and such.

Who’s selling? You can copy my tape. All I ask is you pay the postage and send mine back.

I just do not have a vcr anymore. and no DVD recorder. thought I’d offer to pay if someone had a setup to make a DVD.

[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 08:40 PM [b] Who's selling? You can copy my tape. All I ask is you pay the postage and send mine back. [/b]
how do you copy a tape?... i got 2 vcr's. do you just have one playing and set the other one up to record the channel the other one's playing.. or what?

Your manual should have diagrams for connecting a vcr to a vcr. If you can’t find your manual, go to the manufacturer’s web site and it is probably online.

I’d do it myself but I would have to dismantle one or both rack systems.

[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 08:56 PM [b] Your manual should have diagrams for connecting a vcr to a vcr. If you can't find your manual, go to the manufacturer's web site and it is probably online. [/b]
will do..
[i]Originally posted by 49er1[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 08:04 PM [b] Yep, the commentary was good, knowledgable. They seemed to actually care about being here doing this game. Complementary of many things and I was impressed with their work to get and present "inside" knowledge: the history of Diego, the fear/hate we have of the 8/9 NCAA seed and Howard's Furniture softball championships the Lutzes were involved in. I gave 'em an "A".

Another note on the game: saw Hizzonor, Mayor McCrory in the house wearing a
#49 NINER jersey with his name on the back. [/b]

I also noticed Mayor Pat wearing his Niner jersey. I’m glad he was there.

About Howard’s softball team… That was some top notch softball they used to play… Howard’s & then Western Steer. Did they mention all the dents in the warehouse behind the fence?

Finally… i agree with you guys on something musberger did do a great job!!! he did us mad props!!

Definitely was a nice broadcast. I think he gave us more that most people would have.

Musberger hasn’t been in the business this long for nothing. He did his due diligence like the pro that he is.