My Observer Whack

The 49er baseball team completed a 3 game sweep of the Indiana Hoosiers yesterday, and it was nearly invisible in todays sports page. It was not a huge accomplishment, but would of looked good in ink- for PR purposes.

Anytime you take a Big 10 school to the woodshed for 3 games, it deserves more than what I read in today’s edition.

The title of that post had me thinking the Observer was printing pron. “Big O” indeed… :tongue:

You guys already know the observer sucks for our schools coverage.

[QUOTE=metro;157238] It was not a huge accomplishment, but would of looked good in ink- for PR purposes. [/QUOTE]

We provided the information. The general public got all it needed about Niners baseball in that two-sentence blurb. Fans who want to know more will always have sites like this one or the official site to get more.

Hey, at least they got our name right. More than I can say for Wingate, I mean, WINTHROP (who actually defeated Xavier). ([I]i’m going by the online version which I presume is the same as the print version).[/I]

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;157261]… The general public got all it needed about Niners baseball in that two-sentence blurb…[/QUOTE]

TRANSLATION FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC: The Charlotte Observer doesn’t give a damn about baseball games played by the Charlotte 49ers.

It’s college baseball, you got what is par for the course.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;157261]We provided the information. The general public got all it needed about Niners baseball in that two-sentence blurb. Fans who want to know more will always have sites like this one or the official site to get more.[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

When you sweep a Big 10 team, its newsworthy. If you were competent at editing a sports page, you’d know that.

I had to flip thru the section 3 times to find it…and I was LOOKING FOR IT!

Remind me again why I am a subsriber to this crap?

Anyway, you missed the point Sherlock…It would of been a good bone to throw since it was a sweep of a Big 10 team and aesthetically good wins.

I am sure we’ll lose to Sisters of the Blind and it will be a headline next week.

[QUOTE=metro;157270]
Remind me again why I am a subsriber to this crap?[/QUOTE]

Maybe you haven’t taken the time find the number for customer service

Try this.

Call 800.532.5350

Mon-Fri 6am-7:30pm
Sat 7am-2pm
Sun 7am-3pm
Holidays 7am-12noon

[QUOTE=metro;157270]When you sweep a Big 10 team, its newsworthy.
I had to flip thru the section 3 times to find it…and I was LOOKING FOR IT!

[/QUOTE]

You said yourself it wasn’t a big accomplishment. And a local kid got the headline for beating Auburn, also aesthetically pleasing.

We do pretty much with college baseball. But what you saw is what you’ll normally see. In the world of sports, college baseball isn’t high interest, except at schools like Miami, Clemson, South Carolina, Texas, LSU, etc.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;157272]Call 800.532.5350[/QUOTE]
All I get is a busy signal. :hammer:

Shouldn’t you be more worried about whether the [B]school [/B]paper even covers it before you start whining about the observer covering 3 wins that you yourself said wasn’t very impressive??? Who was the last Big Ten team to win the college world series???

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;157296]Shouldn’t you be more worried about whether the [B]school [/B]paper even covers it before you start whining about the observer covering 3 wins that you yourself said wasn’t very impressive??? Who was the last Big Ten team to win the college world series???[/QUOTE]

Pal, I’m a 32 year old alum. I could give a rip about the Niner paper.

My point was if the Tarheels swept Indiana, bet your ass it would be a headline and the casual dumb area sports fans would say “wow, sweeping Indiana is impressive”

Given that a Niner grad compiled that roundup, I doubt it was a conspiracy.

Do you actually believe we are going to get any coverage for Niner baseball from the Observer. Hell NO! Unless we won a national championship last year, the O isn’t going to give no coverage. You’ll have to see it on ESPN before you find it in the Observer.

You might as well be asking for coverage for Women’s Softball, Tennis, and other sports when you ask for coverage for Men’s Baseball.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;157308]Do you actually believe we are going to get any coverage for Niner baseball from the Observer. Hell NO! Unless we won a national championship last year, the O isn’t going to give no coverage. You’ll have to see it on ESPN before you find it in the Observer.

You might as well be asking for coverage for Women’s Softball, Tennis, and other sports when you ask for coverage for Men’s Baseball.[/QUOTE]

There is a better chance of getting Charlotte 49ers football scores from the Observer than anything about softball, tennis, soccer or baseball.

[QUOTE=metro;157238]…It was not a huge accomplishment, but would of looked good in ink- for PR purposes.
[/QUOTE]

Metro, it’s not the Observer’s responsibility to give PR to the school. We know, because Mike keeps trelling us.

Unfortunately, he twists that around a little to mean “If it makes the school look good, we ain’t gonna do it”.

BTW, I was at the game Friday and thought we looked very impressive.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;157296]Shouldn’t you be more worried about whether the [B]school [/B]paper even covers it before you start whining about the observer…[/QUOTE]

Shouldn’t you be worried about YOUR newspaper, the Winston-Salem Journal (who, by the way, DOES cover Wake baseball).

They still refuse to call us by our real name. It’s my understanding that 2 chapel hill grads on their staff make a BIG STINK about our name change, so they continue to call us UNCC.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;157314]There is a better chance of getting Charlotte 49ers football scores from the Observer than anything about softball, tennis, soccer or baseball.[/QUOTE]

:lmao: :clap:

...We know, because Mike keeps trelling us....

Dang Mike, stop trelling us what to think. Rascally rabbit, trelling us things and stuff…Trell me this, trell me that. Gots to always be trelling…:smile: