My screename vindicated

I told you there was a good enough link between alchemy and our school to make it my screename, but you disagreed. Now I have the school backing me up:

That’s the symbol for alchemy, in case you’re wondering. Pictures of it have been up around campus for a while, but I had no idea what it was. This is from the student voting site, where the question is which of these two logos is preferable. I like the first, personally.

Whatever you say chief… we all know the real reason you got your name.

[QUOTE=Max Power;308534]Whatever you say chief… we all know the real reason you got your name.[/QUOTE]
I think I missed that last year. That is absolutely freakin’ hilarious.

I totally forgot about that. Max Power, you are the man. Btw, anyone know when we’re doing the tourney this year?

In addition to a tourney, we need to have awards:

1. Newcomer of the year
  2. Biggerst Homer
  3. Most Combative
  4. Most likely to bring assult rifle to work (SCK has this locked up)
  5. Most annoying visiting fan
  6. Best visiting fan
  7. “The Sky is falling” poster of the year
  8. Strangest poster
  9. Most likely to get arrested at a game
  10. Most amusing poster
  11. Best **** Talker

There are many other worthy awards.

I totally forgot about that. Max Power, you are the man. Btw, anyone know when we're doing the tourney this year?

I think the mods are avoiding the idea.

yeah I was waiting for NCAA tourney… i mean NNN Tourney time again.

I think the mods are avoiding the idea.

I think JCL handled it the past few years, and he must be real busy cause I never see him on here anymore.

I think JCL handled it the past few years, and he must be real busy cause I never see him on here anymore.

ok mods… somebody step up

I told you there was a good enough link between alchemy and our school to make it my screename, but you disagreed. Now I have the school backing me up:

That’s the symbol for alchemy, in case you’re wondering. Pictures of it have been up around campus for a while, but I had no idea what it was. This is from the student voting site, where the question is which of these two logos is preferable. I like the first, personally.

They’re both hideous. Gold has nothing to do with our school or our name, damn it!

These student union logos blow. It’s a shame such a lovely building will already be tarnished by such crap.

They're both hideous. Gold has nothing to do with our school or our name, damn it!

I agree with you that they are hideous, but if i do recall correctly we are the 49ers. Our mascot is a miner, and more specifically one that pans for gold. Take a look at the statue in front of the Reese building, im pretty sure he is a GOLD miner. Gold has a lot to do with our school and our name.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;308526]I told you there was a good enough link between alchemy and our school to make it my screename, but you disagreed. [B]Now I have the school backing me up.[/B][/QUOTE]
Uh-huh.

They're both hideous. Gold has nothing to do with our school or our name, damn it!

A lot of people don’t realize that there was in fact a gold rush in this area around the same time as the one out west. The reason it isn’t talked about as much is because the gold rush out west is the reason that California’s population grew, there were already a lot of people in this area.

A lot of people don't realize that there was in fact a gold rush in this area around the same time as the one out west. The reason it isn't talked about as much is because the gold rush out west is the reason that California's population grew, there were already a lot of people in this area.

The gold rush began in 1799 and was over by the mid 1930s.

We’re the 49ers because Bonnie Cone fought to keep the school from being shut down in 1949.

Norm, the guy panning for gold, the C-pick, really all references to mining come from a historical inaccuracy that is more convenient than putting Bonnie Cone’s face at halfcourt or explaining the difference between a San Francisco or UCSB 49er and a Charlotte 49er.