Name Change part two

I agree.

We “rebranded” our athletics program years ago and we still deal with UNC Charlotte, UNCC, UNC-C, UNC-Charlotte, ect.

It has to be a total name change or we are just wasting our time.

The reason that happens is because EVERYTHING on thsi campus says UNC Charlotte - theres even the classic UNC Charlotte logo IN our arena on the sponsorship boards… thats quite confusing.

If everything is changed up, we picked up www.charlotte.edu or whatever, signage etc, and all of our press releases said the University of Charlotte, we’d be good to go IMO. Realistically even I tremble at the thought of all the things that would have to be changed up if we did a complete overhaul of the name - Bank accounts, basically ALL accounts, diplomas, offering to send out new diplomas to our graduates (this happened to my dad when pfeiffer changed from P College to P University, they offered to change his diploma for him). I think its reasonable to say that that would probably be one of the major problems that the trustees or whoever would have with the idea.

Another fact is that as far as catching on in the area, its going to take time anyway - even if we do a complete overhaul I’m willing to bet that the surrounding areas will take a couple of years to get used to the change… the time period that would require would likely be the same for both one would assume.

Also - why the EPH does carolina get unc.edu, they should have to be uncch.edu dangit.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;297895]The reason that happens is because EVERYTHING on thsi campus says UNC Charlotte - theres even the classic UNC Charlotte logo IN our arena on the sponsorship boards… thats quite confusing.

If everything is changed up, we picked up [URL=http://www.charlotte.edu]www.charlotte.edu[/URL] or whatever, signage etc, and all of our press releases said the University of Charlotte, we’d be good to go IMO. Realistically even I tremble at the thought of all the things that would have to be changed up if we did a complete overhaul of the name - Bank accounts, basically ALL accounts, diplomas, offering to send out new diplomas to our graduates (this happened to my dad when pfeiffer changed from P College to P University, they offered to change his diploma for him). I think its reasonable to say that that would probably be one of the major problems that the trustees or whoever would have with the idea.

Another fact is that as far as catching on in the area, its going to take time anyway - even if we do a complete overhaul I’m willing to bet that the surrounding areas will take a couple of years to get used to the change… the time period that would require would likely be the same for both one would assume.

Also - why the EPH does carolina get unc.edu, they should have to be uncch.edu dangit.[/QUOTE]

clt has been banging the www.unc.edu drum for years. they SHOULD not have it.

I want to just reiterate how the VA Tech model of “rebranding” is something I thing we should really pursue over a full complete name change. It’s a compromise, so I think it’s much more likely of occurring, and we’ll still become University of Charlotte just as much as VA Tech is VA Tech.

Rebranding all the way.

I want to just reiterate how the VA Tech model of "rebranding" is something I thing we should really pursue over a full complete name change. It's a compromise, so I think it's much more likely of occurring, and we'll still become University of Charlotte just as much as VA Tech is VA Tech.

Rebranding all the way.

Why should we compromise with what other people think our school name should be? If we want to change or name to UofC then I don’t see why a Chapel Hill grad has a say.

[QUOTE=Normmm;298059]Why should we compromise with what other people think our school name should be? If we want to change or name to UofC then I don’t see why a Chapel Hill grad has a say.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, but there are even a lot of Charlotte grads and students that don’t want this changed right now. Would a compromise now lead us towards what we want? Will it accomplish the same thing? If we can follow Va Tech, then I think it will. It’s not 100%, but it could accomplish what we’re asking for.

I really don’t think doing what Va Tech did will work the same with us, your still going to have stubborn writers in papers accross the state that are probably Crapel Hole grads purposely use UNCC or UNC Charlotte or NC Charlotte. Hell they do it now with our Athletics and it’s been how many years?

Wasn’t there a guy in Winston or something that would refuse to refere to us as Charlotte, and didn’t the Langston dude from the observer say something to the effect of, “are you talking the bobcats or UNCC”

As we can see from the crap today with the ex presidents they are going to try to keep us down as much as possible, I think we have to go all out with the name change, which might never happen for the sheer fact that the UNC board of Trustees has to approve it. I don’t think that will happen in a million years.

This is rehashed now I suppose. I was wondering if there was ever the next part of the article written.

I am an undergrad at Bryant University in 2004 we were known as Bryant College and 4 years later we still see BC instead of BU. We have recently filed to go DI in all athletics and with all the new logos and branding they still mess up and say BC . At least the students can be happy, thats how I feel.

I guess intro for me too. I am receiving my undergrad in may and released I do not want to work in Finance and want to become a teacher so I am going back to get a teaching degree. Along with a few other schools I have applied to UNCC. Anyway hello!

[QUOTE=dgreco;303734]This is rehashed now I suppose. I was wondering if there was ever the next part of the article written.

I am an undergrad at Bryant University in 2004 we were known as Bryant College and 4 years later we still see BC instead of BU. We have recently filed to go DI in all athletics and with all the new logos and branding they still mess up and say BC . At least the students can be happy, thats how I feel.

I guess intro for me too. I am receiving my undergrad in may and released I do not want to work in Finance and want to become a teacher so I am going back to get a teaching degree. Along with a few other schools I have applied to UNCC. Anyway hello![/QUOTE]

Welcome…

If you like name confusion Charlotte is your kind of place… This topic has its supporters (me) and it comes up from time to time with out much else happening. Football is the focus right now, once that gets resolved we can get back on the name change as far as I’m concerned.

Welcome...

If you like name confusion Charlotte is your kind of place… This topic has its supporters (me) and it comes up from time to time with out much else happening. Football is the focus right now, once that gets resolved we can get back on the name change as far as I’m concerned.

I have been an avid support of Charlotte Football :smiley: The one problem I see and this isn’t the place to discuss it is there model. They will never get a conference affiliation as a spring board to DIFBS football. They will be caught in DI FCS hell for far to long. I think that could change when the moratorium has ended and we will see some conference shakeups, but I wish them the best and if I end up at Charlotte I hope I will get to visit as an alumnus on homecoming.

The third part got delayed because of a ton of stuff, all happening at once. I’ll have it out for next Tuesday’s issue.

The third part got delayed because of a ton of stuff, all happening at once. I'll have it out for next Tuesday's issue.

Thanks for the update I anticipate the article.