Name Confusion Log

[quote=“emf, post:1820, topic:12347”]So, at the baseball game tonight, I got seated next to this middle-aged lady with an aggressive New York personality. As she’s sitting down, she looks around, looks at my Charlotte Baseball shirt, and asks me, “why are all these UNC people here?” I was a little confused, but explained the Charlotte 49ers were playing NC State. She says, “oh mah gawd, they said Charlotte was playing NC State, I thought they meant the Knights! I had no idea UNCC had a baseball team! I mean, I knew they had a basketball team, and just got football. How long have they had a team? There sure is a lot more red here than green…” Later she asks me if our stadium is as big as the Knights, and she says she has a 29 year old nephew that just got kicked out of Penn State who’s going to the university, he never mentioned the game to her. She seemed to be a pretty big baseball fan, asked me if I knew somebody from the New York Yankees. Said the throw out at home was the best play she’s seen at the the Knights’ stadium

Was kinda funny in a depressing sort of way.[/quote] LOL. A big baseball fan ought to know pro teams don’t play college teams after the season starts, among other things.

http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1227055,00.html

Look on down the line at Mr. Niblock.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong… he got his degree here, right?

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:1822, topic:12347”]http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1227055,00.html

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong… he got his degree here, right?[/quote]
Yep :frowning:

[quote=“4ever niner, post:1821, topic:12347”][quote=“emf, post:1820, topic:12347”]So, at the baseball game tonight, I got seated next to this middle-aged lady with an aggressive New York personality. As she’s sitting down, she looks around, looks at my Charlotte Baseball shirt, and asks me, “why are all these UNC people here?” I was a little confused, but explained the Charlotte 49ers were playing NC State. She says, “oh mah gawd, they said Charlotte was playing NC State, I thought they meant the Knights! I had no idea UNCC had a baseball team! I mean, I knew they had a basketball team, and just got football. How long have they had a team? There sure is a lot more red here than green…” Later she asks me if our stadium is as big as the Knights, and she says she has a 29 year old nephew that just got kicked out of Penn State who’s going to the university, he never mentioned the game to her. She seemed to be a pretty big baseball fan, asked me if I knew somebody from the New York Yankees. Said the throw out at home was the best play she’s seen at the the Knights’ stadium

Was kinda funny in a depressing sort of way.[/quote] LOL. A big baseball fan ought to know pro teams don’t play college teams after the season starts, among other things.[/quote]

We played an exhibition against the Knights a few years ago and it appears the Knights played an exhibition game against Davidson earlier this month.

[quote=“mightymitchfan, post:1824, topic:12347”][quote=“4ever niner, post:1821, topic:12347”][quote=“emf, post:1820, topic:12347”]So, at the baseball game tonight, I got seated next to this middle-aged lady with an aggressive New York personality. As she’s sitting down, she looks around, looks at my Charlotte Baseball shirt, and asks me, “why are all these UNC people here?” I was a little confused, but explained the Charlotte 49ers were playing NC State. She says, “oh mah gawd, they said Charlotte was playing NC State, I thought they meant the Knights! I had no idea UNCC had a baseball team! I mean, I knew they had a basketball team, and just got football. How long have they had a team? There sure is a lot more red here than green…” Later she asks me if our stadium is as big as the Knights, and she says she has a 29 year old nephew that just got kicked out of Penn State who’s going to the university, he never mentioned the game to her. She seemed to be a pretty big baseball fan, asked me if I knew somebody from the New York Yankees. Said the throw out at home was the best play she’s seen at the the Knights’ stadium

Was kinda funny in a depressing sort of way.[/quote] LOL. A big baseball fan ought to know pro teams don’t play college teams after the season starts, among other things.[/quote]

We played an exhibition against the Knights a few years ago and it appears the Knights played an exhibition game against Davidson earlier this month.[/quote] That is correct.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:1822, topic:12347”]http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1227055,00.html

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong… he got his degree here, right?[/quote]

clt says it is technically correct. but UNCC_CH has claimed “UNC” so everyone thinks that much.

Saw this overheard quote on the Tweet machine: “Is UNCC in the University area?”

I actually laughed out loud at this.

HAHAHAAHHA! Commas, no hyphens, no space. Idiots!

clt says they had California, Irvine and Carlifornia, Berkeley

We’re not alone :slight_smile:

Fran Fraschilla ‏@franfraschilla 5h
[size=3]By the way, @LeVelleMoton & UNCC scared daylights out of Cyclones in '14 NCAA Tourney. Someone please tell these search firms he can coach.[/size]

[quote=“Run49er, post:1833, topic:12347”]

[size=1.35em]By the way, @LeVelleMoton & UNCC scared daylights out of Cyclones in '14 NCAA Tourney. Someone please tell these search firms he can coach.[/size][/quote]

Fran, you ignorant slut!

[size=1.35em]By the way, @LeVelleMoton & UNCC scared daylights out of Cyclones in '14 NCAA Tourney. Someone please tell these search firms he can coach.[/size][/quote] Who is this Frank Chinchilla person?

[size=1.35em]By the way, @LeVelleMoton & UNCC scared daylights out of Cyclones in '14 NCAA Tourney. Someone please tell these search firms he can coach.[/size][/quote]
That damn Judy, we went to the Big Dance in '14 and she let that coach get away!

Parked next to UNC-CH’s number one fan at the Walmart today.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=e1f1959443&view=fimg&th=14e0c2f410d32a99&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ9oy2wgcDfbilXPOQ74GVkwoV4CjJPs2yr9ERZ9Am-XPZ5hUfvFHKE6ez3z3GPp9sxr2rgWtp0sfLJEGBkEm4VXmJaLrBa661txw2ahLVK7-0U_m2NMt89MJrk&ats=1434750161490&rm=14e0c2f410d32a99&zw&sz=w1342-h523

Tijuana Flats opens tomorrow, next to Tryon McDs. Hopefully their business plan didn’t depend on opening next to a branch campus of UNC-CHeat…

[quote=“emf, post:1838, topic:12347”]Tijuana Flats opens tomorrow, next to Tryon McDs. Hopefully their business plan didn’t depend on opening next to a branch campus of UNC-CHeat…

https://mobile.twitter.com/TijuanaFlats/status/615248906935508993[/quote]

I wouldn’t be so hard on them on Twitter and instead send a friendly tweet asking to correct the name. If this is a common occurrence (74 pages worth of name confusion clearly speaks to that) then it’s probably not the public’s fault for butchering our name.

So far, every Tijuana Flats that has opened in Charlotte has failed relatively quickly. There was on in UCity when I was in school, and I believe there were 2-3 others around the city at the time. All of them closed.

One opened on East Blvd a little over a year ago. It is already closed as well.

I don’t really understand why since TF is pretty good, but they don’t seem to do well here.