Naming Announcement - Tuesday 6/11 - Put your guesses here

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/11/19/Facilities/Breaking-Ground.aspx

This article from November said there were proposals in place for corporate sponsorship. $5 Million over 13 years is the asking price.

Novant already dropped the Presbyterian part. So it’ll be Novant Stadium, not Novant Presbyterian Stadium.

1. Wells Fargo
  2. Lowe’s
  3. some other bank
  4. some rich person name
  5. Novant
  6. something other than the above

1.Belk
2.Lowe’s
3. A specific individual??

More than $5,000,000?? to have long term naming rights???

Carolinas Medical Center will sponsor the stadium and it will be named CAROLINAS STADIUM.

Agreed! And Thank you! I would be honored![/quote] This makes sense to me and is consistent with the soccer stadium being named after Niner89. :smiley:

The thunderstick giveaway day will be entertaining

Duke Energy Stadium

[quote=“AirForce49, post:68, topic:27848”]Duke Energy Stadium[/quote]Ditto

Better not be, we haven’t gotten our matching pay with the Progress side of the merger.

Better not be, we haven’t gotten our matching pay with the Progress side of the merger.[/quote]

University of North Carolina’s Duke Energy Stadium at Charlotte.

University of North Carolina Stadium at UNC-C

No chance it’s a novant or a cmc. I don’t think you are going to find a lot of not for profits lining up to donate 10 million dollars to sports. Especially with the heat the local hospitals have been under regarding tax exempt status

UHH, yeah maybe someone should have told Novant that before they paid millions to sponsor the Bobcats and their “practice area” in the TWC Arena.

I’m aware of their collaboration with the bobcats (although if I’m not mistaken the contract is fairly small). But things have changed a bit in the past year or two. The dept of labor is investigating chs and rumors are that novant is on deck. I’d imagine they’d hold off to see how their tax exempt status shakes out.

But who knows. I’d take their money, even if it may be in poor form for them to be giving it away

Fantasy Dollar Stadium becomes Dollar General Stadium

[quote=“s9er, post:56, topic:27848”]#1. Novant- fits in perfectly with the rebranding
#2. Belk
#3. Ted’s Dildo Emporium[/quote]

I literally Laughed Out Loud at the third one! haha

But I think it will either Novant Stadium or Lowe’s Stadium. I also saw someone say the Carolina’s Stadium, that has a nice ring to it, but I doubt it will be that.

Charlotte Rams Club

The co-eds will be happy about the give-aways and knocking each other over to be the first 5,000 to each game.

Trust me when I say the person saying Carolina’s Stadium was not being serious. :slight_smile:

(I used it only as a reference to the stadium name if “Carolina’s Medical Center” became the sponsor.)