Nance

I think Nance really helped us out today. I believe he had 10 points and a few rebounds. Seemed more energetic today than he has all year. Hopefully this is something we will see down the stretch.

He had his moments. It was either really good or really bad but yes, it was good to finally get some points from Center position.

No Nance airballs today!

Nance hit that first jumper and he just looked different after that. Great to see offense, but he was a little slow to establish position for a charge.

Love the heart, though.

Nance played with confidence. Good game.

the coaches need to encourage and teach our players that don’t have much touch to use the glass more.

Glass is great for players who have little arc in their shot (typically low post players).

But Nance has ALOT of arc and it would be tough for him to learn to use the glass with the way he shoots. His rainbows would make hitting the glass practically impossible.

But I agree with glass for many of the others.

[QUOTE=NinerOne;155417]the coaches need to encourage and teach our players that don’t have much touch to use the glass more.[/QUOTE]

withers had no problem finding the glass on that one shot toward the final seconds of the game

And Withers also has a high arcing shot.
Coleman would be a good candidate for developing a nice elbow bank shot.

I was thinking exactly of Coleman needing to learn that shot.

Nance played his best offensive game of the year. He not only scored in double figures (10 pts, 4-6 FG, 2-2 FT), he was assertive when Fordham left him open.

Instead of being the usual Nance and settling for the jump shot, he took it to the hole and scored, including the monster dunk.

Without Nance’s and Marcus’s play today we would have been in deep water.

some of you folks on this message board are great…

Nance has a bad game against Wake and you all bitch and moan saying how hes a horrible player and shouldnt be in the lineup.

A week later he as a solid game at Fordham, and you all praise him for it. I know we all like to vent our frustations but it seems alot of us jump on and off bandwagons way too easily.

I hope you aren’t talking about me. I never bashed him and would like a quote of me bashing him after the wake game.

I said I loved him, but told him to never shoot another jumpshot again. I stand by that.

some of you folks on this message board are great...

Nance has a bad game against Wake and you all bitch and moan saying how hes a horrible player and shouldnt be in the lineup.

A week later he as a solid game at Fordham, and you all praise him for it. I know we all like to vent our frustations but it seems alot of us jump on and off bandwagons way too easily.

I will admit I thought he was horrible that day at Wake, just like he was horrible against Rutgers, but that was because he seemed to be settling for a jumpshot which I thought he did alot of this year.

Him being aggressive like today going right at the basket will make me his biggest fan. After today, what I wouldn’t give to see Withers and Nance get nasty with the other low post players at the same game.

Would you prefer people decided that they either love or hate a player and stick to it? What kind of fan doesn’t root for their team and its players when things are going good. Kind of weird A-10 bound. He played without confidence against Wake, and he hadn’t had many good offensive games preceding today’s game. Hitting his first shot appeared to give him his confidence back. Plus he didn’t settle for the jumper when the lane was there.

I doubt anyone here though at any point would question his heart on defense. He plays hard, and he sacrafices his body to draw charges better than anyone on the team.

I will never question Nance’s character! This guy doesn’t take a play off and knows his role on this team which is to draw the fouls, score 6-10, and help curtis

I just love how some of the people on this board suggest starting Courtney Williams over Nance? And dont say it wasnt brought up cause one of the threads last week was saying just that!

yeah thae baad passes and dribble off the foot REALLY helped us out!!!:clap: :confused:

A-10: Only a fool would question Chris’ heart. You don’t take charges as often as he does if you no longer care. But it is reasonable to question whether he still had confidence in his jumper. Sometimes a change is needed to shake things up (we’re interested more in winning than individual stats or playing time), and that’s probably the Williams as a starter was called on. I can tell you this: For the first time in a while, Nance earned his next start instead of being the incumbant starter.

Last year who thought Iti should start over Nance by conference play?
Actually considering what we know now with Iti having transferred, he probably gave up on being a Charlotte player long before he ever transferred.

The dunk he got was key. I watched on TV but could tell that took some air out of the home crowd and their team.