National Champions of College Bass Fishing

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/08/03/5084529/uncc-team-nabs-bass-fishing-title.html#.U97in9WCOSM

THIS IS A VERY BIG DEAL!!!

these guys are rockstars! they’ll be running around on Bassmasters next! Big stuff!

Great news. Have we had any other club teams win national championships?

Congratulations!

That’s how big-time programs do it, woman!

Oh the “UNCC” humanity!

Great job Guys.

Congrats! I believe these are 2 different guys from the 2 that did well last season. We’re building a dynasty. :wink:

Gold Dusters.

Pretty sure our co-ed flag football squad won back to back national titles recently.

I am proud of any accomplishment academic or athletic or otherwise that brings us positive PR…but c’mon, the national Bass Championship…gotta admit that sounds like an awfully red-necky prize to have won!!

And yes…I do realize there are competitive fishermen that make good money doing this…just sayin’ it’s gonna sound kinda red-necky to a lot of folks when they see/read that.

[quote=“TRLeader, post:11, topic:28930”]I am proud of any accomplishment academic or athletic or otherwise that brings us positive PR…but c’mon, the national Bass Championship…gotta admit that sounds like an awfully red-necky prize to have won!!

And yes…I do realize there are competitive fishermen that make good money doing this…just sayin’ it’s gonna sound kinda red-necky to a lot of folks when they see/read that.[/quote]

I’d rather us win than NC State. They are historically the national power house.

[quote=“TRLeader, post:11, topic:28930”]I am proud of any accomplishment academic or athletic or otherwise that brings us positive PR…but c’mon, the national Bass Championship…gotta admit that sounds like an awfully red-necky prize to have won!!

And yes…I do realize there are competitive fishermen that make good money doing this…just sayin’ it’s gonna sound kinda red-necky to a lot of folks when they see/read that.[/quote]

Ya know alot of us are just good ole boys who like to fish. Nothing “red-necky” about it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

I’ll take any National Championship. Will these guys be honored at the half of one of our football or basketball games?

[quote=“49erAlumnus, post:5, topic:28930”]That’s how big-time programs do it, woman!
[/quote]

Which woman are you talking to?

how gooda fisherman are you, boy?

We have a motorsports program. Already have the “red-necky” angle covered. lol

I’m far from “red necky” and I still love to fish. Congrats to the guys.

This is being shown on ESPNU right now.

They aren’t athletics, they are a club team.

So when do t-shirts come out? I want to get one for everyone in my family.