National Love for Eddie on Gameday

DEFINETLY SAW THATā€¦ JAY, U ARE THE MAN!!!

[i]Originally posted by DownwithNBA[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 06:30 PM [b] digger is a moron, evidence: picked indiana for the NCAAs [/b]
I think our win over Indiana has made Digger dislike us even more.

Bilas followed up with an article/tidbit on espn.com

[i]Originally posted by Bilas[/i] [b] [b]Mr. Underrated and Coach Underrated:[/b] The most underrated player in the nation is Charlotte's Eddie Basden and he is one of the main reasons that Charlotte is a team that will cause multiple problems for higher- seeded teams in the NCAA Tournament. Basden is strong, athletic and versatile and is all about winning. He averages 15.0 points, 8.3 rebounds, 3.8 assists, shoots over 50 percent from the floor, and leads Conference USA in steals with 3.2 per game. He also may very well be the nation's best and most versatile defender, and I believe he should be the National Defensive Player of the Year. Basden can guard anyone, and no player in Conference USA impacts the game in more areas, or is more productive. His coach, Bobby Lutz, may be the most underrated coach in the country as well. With scant resources, Lutz has made Charlotte an annual contender for C-USA honors, and is innovative offensively and with his changing defenses. Charlotte can score and Basden can shut you down.[/b]

On a side note, assuming we actually win >1 game in the NCAA tourney, if thereā€™s ever a year where Lutz wants to leave, this would be it.