Nazi Football League

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Brandon-Jacobs-throws-helmet-into-the-stands-in-?urn=nfl-270794

I don’t know if Brandon Jacobs threw his helmet in the stands on purpose or on accident, but once a fan caught it, it is HIS PROPERTY. What right did Colts security & eventually police have to take it away? And as soon as the cop shows up, THEN the cameras move AWAY? Is NBC on the Indy PD payroll? Are they not familiar with all the cop beatings on CNN last week? & why does the Indy PD take the Colts side? He saw the whole thing, he was legally obligated to do the right thing, which is tell the Colts it is the man who caught the helmet’s property. WTH is going on in the NFL, with police in this country, with freedom, with possession not being 9/10ths of the law anymore, etc.?

Just because it was in the fan’s hands doesn’t mean it is the fan’s property. If you throw your wallet on the ground in anger and I pick it up, I don’t own it. It is still yours.

I caught him, he’s MINE!

[quote=“Cha_49, post:3, topic:23941”]I caught him, he’s MINE!

[/quote]

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Make your analogy more close to what actually happened: what if you threw your own wallet at someone’s face because you’re angry [at them]?

Make your analogy more close to what actually happened: what if you threw your own wallet at someone’s face because you’re angry [at them]?[/quote]

Fine, threw my wallet at your face. Still isn’t yours. You have no ownership unless I grant ownership to you.

Jacobs can prove that helmet belongs to him. Can that fan? I can prove that wallet belongs to me, can you?

Evidently he tried to throw the helmet on the Giants sideline. Guess he goofed.

I haven’t lost my touch. I can still look at NN.N’s front page and instantly know which threads are started by SCK.

Someone go check the back of a ticket stub. I’m pretty sure there is a clause there about property of the NFL, yadda yadda yadda. It’s not like baseball, if a football goes into the stands it’s retrieved and the helmet is the same things.

If that was allowed to keep the helmet it would be on eBay right now with 0% of the proceeds going to the league hence the rule.

Make your analogy more close to what actually happened: what if you threw your own wallet at someone’s face because you’re angry [at them]?[/quote]

Fine, threw my wallet at your face. Still isn’t yours. You have no ownership unless I grant ownership to you.

Jacobs can prove that helmet belongs to him. Can that fan? I can prove that wallet belongs to me, can you?[/quote]

You certainly can, until charges are pressed against you, then your wallet is state-confiscated evidence.

(No, I’m not really taking a side here, just trying to be thought-provoking and failing at it).

Jacobs can prove that helmet belongs to him. Can that fan? I can prove that wallet belongs to me, can you?[/quote]

You certainly can, until charges are pressed against you, then your wallet is state-confiscated evidence.

(No, I’m not really taking a side here, just trying to be thought-provoking and failing at it).[/quote]

I suspect he can make a case for negligence or assault, especially since there is no assumption of risk from a helmet coming at you. NFL should reach out to the fan, but he had no legal claim to the helmet, just as you would have no legal claim to my wallet.

Would have been good to see Jacobs offer the fan a signed glove or ball in exchange for the helmet like baseball does when bats accidentally are thrown in the stands. Obviously Jacobs and the Giants weren’t obligated to but it would have been a good gesture for a league that along with the NBA is trying to fight image issues.

lol, there’s no touch needed. A blind man could spot them.

I don’t think the NFL has any image issues.

So, if Phil Mickelson hits his ball in the crowd at the US Open, someone can take it, he has to go back to the tee and is hitting 3.

I don’t think the NFL has any image issues.[/quote]

I was referring to all of the arrests they had a few years ago (Pacman Jones and the entire Bengals organization) which resulted in the new commish implementing harsher penalties for arrests especially repeat offenders.

(No, I’m not really taking a side here, just trying to be thought-provoking and failing at it).[/quote]

I suspect he can make a case for negligence or assault, especially since there is no assumption of risk from a helmet coming at you. NFL should reach out to the fan, but he had no legal claim to the helmet, just as you would have no legal claim to my wallet.[/quote]

A fine response.

And he would have looked REALLY good to the media.

Instead of “Dumbshiat Jacobs throws his helmet at fans” headlines, we’d be seeing “Classy Jacobs apologizes to Colts fan for helmet miscue by trading for signed football”

EASY. I don’t know why the obvious solutions escape people so often. Especially athletes.

And he would have looked REALLY good to the media.

Instead of “Dumbshiat Jacobs throws his helmet at fans” headlines, we’d be seeing “Classy Jacobs apologizes to Colts fan for helmet miscue by trading for signed football”

EASY. I don’t know why the obvious solutions escape people so often. Especially athletes.[/quote]

You really don’t know the reason it escapes some people? Sure you do, there are lots of stupid people in the world, athletes are just a cross-section.

Until someone ponies up something, I wouldn’t hand over squat.

I agree with the poster who said if you throw a wallet at their face, it’s yours. :))