NC State is almost as good as Chattanooga

Wow, anyone watching the Wake game. If NC State is supposedly a great team because they beat Wake… well… Wake dosen’t look that good.

Hey, you stole my Schtick!

whew, this game does sorta set things in perspective, doesnt it. All Mighty ACC doesnt look all that great.

Chatanoogah is good. They beat UNC-G for So-con championship.

Wait…h/o I forgot that I wasn’t Splinter

Does anyone remember Chattanooga’s last appearance in the tourney? I think they were still officially Tennessee-Chattanooga at the time (this was 1997). That year, they were a 14 seed and knocked off #3 seed Georgia as well as #6 seed Illinois to make the Sweet 16. I think it was only the second time a 14 seed made it to the Sweet 1, where they then faced Providence. Providence won and advanced to the Elite Eight as a 10 seed. Also that year, Coppin State (a 15 seed) knocked off the mighty South Carolina Gamecocks (a 2 seed) in the first round. That year my bracket was killed quicker and worse than just about any other year I can remember.

[i]Originally posted by lutz9er[/i]@Mar 17 2005, 08:34 PM [b] Chatanoogah is good. They beat UNC-G for So-con championship.

Wait…h/o I forgot that I wasn’t Splinter [/b]

i’ve never said “UNC-G” was any good…in fact, i’ve done nothing but compliment your team. I’ve also asked that you drop the dash…you expect everyone to call your team “Charlotte”, so why can’t you do the same for UNC Greensboro?

Splinter, I hope that we will respect your wishes.

[b] i've done nothing but compliment your team.[/b]
-Splinter

Really? While some posts are directed at the fans and not the team, you can’t possibly say that all you’ve done is compliment our team.

[b]had you guys not lost to Slippery Rock and Sisters of the Poor over your last 3 games, you could've landed a 6 seed. You'll get an 8 now.... [/b]
[b]my first post on this board...about a month ago....was a question to niner fans about what current rumors were floating around regarding Doherty coaching in Charlotte if Lutz went to NC State. Many of you tried to run me off this board and called me "state boy" and said Doherty sucks.....

so to read that you now want Doherty? Make up your friggin minds. [/b]

[b]one of your own fans makes a tongue in cheek post about a t'shirt and some of you get totally bent out of shape. calm down a little.....after reading this post, some of you need a new name....40-WHINERS [/b]
[b]well that's something to brag about [/b]
[b]you will be in a mid major conference next year and no one will talk about you guys at all. you think your fan support is weak now? wait til you start playing teams that no one in charlotte has ever heard of.

we may lose to elon…but the last time we played ECU, we beat them…a feat uncc could not accomplish. [/b]

[b]you guys have a serious inferiority complex towards the acc.....and any posts that attack me just help prove my point. [/b]
[b]sorry, just thought it was strange to see a team that lost to ECU getting looked at as a team that could hang with wake[/b]
[b]you guys get ranked and all of a sudden you think you can beat Wake? ok, whatever.[/b]
[b]"If a great dunk happens and no one is there to see it, did it really happen at all" [/b]
[b]you guys are just as bad as people that showed up at the game with Heels gear on......your team had a great win, yet all you can do is complain about what some fans were wearing. why so much focus on the ACC from all of you "non" faux 9er fans?[/b]

What is the worst thing a college basketball fan can say?

[b]...I like the Heels... [/b]

Allright, well you’re okay in my book, Splinter…

[b]you guys do deserve more respect than State.[/b]

Pork Chop, if you were dead you’d be a deity.

Thanks NLNP! I’ve been trying to get people to worship me for a long time now, but to no avail.

[i]Originally posted by Splinter+Mar 17 2005, 10:35 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Splinter @ Mar 17 2005, 10:35 PM)

I worship the chop of porkness, unless he is in the shoutbox, which I dominate :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I think it would take a concerted effort for Lutz to get as little out of his talent as sendek does. Hey state when you fire the worm you should go after tom green or maybe a high school janitor, either one knows more about winning.

[i]Originally posted by HappyCamper49[/i]@Mar 17 2005, 07:46 PM [b] Wow, anyone watching the Wake game. If NC State is supposedly a great team because they beat Wake... well... Wake dosen't look that good. [/b]
Wake's pretty damn good and if you want to make comparisons based on head to head match ups with other teams then you can say that Wisconsin-Milwaukee (was that the team?) is better than the Niners because they beat Alabama last night.

Wake’s proven themselves many times this year. Good teams find ways to win and Wake was not the only top seed to play a tight game last night.

[i]Originally posted by moss2k[/i]@Mar 18 2005, 05:38 AM [b] I worship the chop of porkness, unless he is in the shoutbox, which I dominate :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: [/b]
Quality not quantity.

hahahaha

well

since we’re going off of single game performances

its no wonder the real NC schools dont schedule UNCC

they cant f****** beat ECU

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait+Mar 18 2005, 09:27 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Powerbait @ Mar 18 2005, 09:27 AM)

Wait a second, Chattanooga stinks right? Let me know if they are good, because then I will become a fan of them. This makes no sense. Didn’t you just lose to NC State?