NCAA Football

Is there a section for College Football?

ā€¦Thatā€™s the sound of Niner Nations concern with NCAA football. :pout:

If you want to talk football,Iā€™ll talk back at you.

What do you think about the NCAAā€™s decision today(4/14/5) to allow a 12th game?

They already did it in certain years that had an early Labor Day, so why not do it for all?

The question is is this not a further example of the college presidentsā€™ hypocracy over a D1-A playoff. Their so concerned that their ā€œstudent-athletesā€ might miss more class time that they ADDED an additional game.

If a team plays in a preseaon game like the BCA Classic, plus a conference championship game, plus a bowl; thatā€™s 15 games. Thatā€™s 1 less then the NFL regular season.

I think that the college presidents either need to s@#t or get off the pot. Tell people that the bowls make them the most money, so until they come up with a playoff that makes them more money, no playoffs.

Well as soon as people realize that the Football Coach is more important that some stupid University President, then we can get a playoff.
Nobody knows who the stupid U. Pres. is.

[b]Well as soon as people realize that the Football Coach is more important that some stupid University President, then we can get a playoff. Nobody knows who the stupid U. Pres. is. [/b]

Iā€™m hoping Dr. Dubois becomes an important Chancellor in Charlotte history, namely the one who hires Charlotteā€™s first football coach.

So who do you like to win the national decision this year, I think Auburn is looking pretty good, but losing their 2 running backs will be a hard pill to swallow.

Nothing against Lienert? and crew at USC, but 2 titles are enough, no Chow, no champs?

I canā€™t wait to see if Darth Visor can do anything with the Cocks. :lol:

If Charlotte had a football team we couldnā€™t ask for a better first coach then Norm Chow, the guy is footballā€™s Einstein. I donā€™t know why Utah and Stanford didnā€™t jump feet first at him.

Like we could afford Chow!
Auburn got screwed. They should have at least had 1/2 a title.
I like to watch all the games from around the country. I like State & Miami the most. I kind of like some other teams, too.

I guess State is my football team too, not having one at Charlotte. I stick mostly with watching ACC and SEC, but I will watch any game thatā€™s on. I watched Troy beat up a ranked Missouri team on a Thursday night in September last year. Now thatā€™s bad.

[b]Like we could afford Chow![/b]

Well, if we wait around, like some on this board would perfer to do forever, for some mystical fat pocket donor to hand us a football program on a silver platter; well surely he could get us Bill Belichik, Spurrier, B. Bowden, Meier. You name it and our savior, Mr. Non-existent Fat Pockets can make it come true.

[i]Originally posted by 49RFootballNow[/i]@Apr 19 2005, 01:46 AM [b]Well, if we wait around, like some on this board would perfer to do forever, for some mystical fat pocket donor to hand us a football program on a silver platter; well surely he could get us Bill Belichik, Spurrier, B. Bowden, Meier. You name it and our savior, Mr. Non-existent Fat Pockets can make it come true[/b]

Meier?? We already had her and she left us for the Miami job silly.

Sorry, I meant MEYER, as in Urban Meyer, head coach at UF.

[i]Originally posted by 49RFootballNow[/i]@Apr 19 2005, 03:22 AM [b]Sorry, I meant MEYER, as in Urban Meyer, head coach at UF.[/b]
I kid. I kid.

[i]Originally posted by 49RFootballNow[/i]@Apr 15 2005, 01:23 AM [b] ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................That's the sound of Niner Nations concern with NCAA football. :pout:

If you want to talk football,Iā€™ll talk back at you.

What do you think about the NCAAā€™s decision today(4/14/5) to allow a 12th game? [/b]

I like the 12th game idea, just wish the ACC would go along with it.

As many games as possible rules!
College Football Rules the World!
The #1 Sport on the Planet!
The Nfl is 2nd, & Ncaa B-Ball is 3rd.

[b]I like the 12th game idea, just wish the ACC would go along with it. [/b]

What makes you think they wonā€™t? Money talks! :stuck_out_tongue:

We should get all the posters to get in a caravan to go to a UNCP game, & hold up signs for UNCC football as a silent protest to the administration.

Would LOVE to get some Niner Football goingā€¦but I hear if we ever did it would be in the QUITE distant future :frowning:

[b]We should get all the posters to get in a caravan to go to a UNCP game, & hold up signs for UNCC football as a silent protest to the administration.[/b]

Great idea, but one hell of a road trip to see D2 football. Lets think bigger, like Wake or Duke, places were we might be seen on TV and where they have plenty of room for a large group to sit together.

[b]Would LOVE to get some Niner Football going...but I hear if we ever did it would be in the QUITE distant future [/b]

Dr. Woodward said that it would happen, just not on his clock. Well his watch stops ticking in July when Dr. Dubois takes over as Chancellor. This is a man who helped found the Mountain West Conference and is currently sitting on the D1 board. Heā€™s our man, and with the right pressure and support, football will happen on his clock!

I am ALL for taking a Niner Football roadtripā€¦ infact I think it would be fun to pick 3 or 4 games in the fall to attend. Wear our Niner gear and carry our we want football signs. It would do 3 thingsā€¦

1. Bring together Niner football fans.
  2. Give us some football to watch in the fall.
  3. A sign to the University and our NEW Chance that we are seriousā€¦ and WE WANT FOOTBALL!

Wake, Duke, App St, maybe State? Chapel Hill?

My thought is lets go to acouple of the bigger schools (SEC, ACC) and then a few of the smaller schools to get a feel for what it would be like for us. The key is picking those games now so that we can really put this together. THis is a GREAT idea!

So who can sign up some people?
Do you know anyone to ask?
We need to probably have 40-50 definites before contacting media outlets. We donā€™t want people that have prior commitments & get embarassed.
Iā€™ll talk to some of my friends to gauge interest.
Everyone talke to everyone you know. Tell them itā€™s IMPORTANT!

I guess the best idea is to start a thread hereā€¦ what game(s) do we want to attend? And who wants to goā€¦