NCAA modifies men's hoops tourney selection process

ESPN.com: NCAA officials to consider new metric in tourney selection process

CBSSports.com: Getting smarter: NCAA Tournament selection committee to talk analytics, process

NCAA.com: College basketball: NCAA tournament selection process involves analytics discussions

it would be nice if this was germane to us at all…

Yeah. I don’t even care what our opponents do now since we are so off the bottom of the RPI chart, makes no difference whether they win or not. So irrelevant. Sad that our only chance to dance is winning our tourney and that is not even remotely possible. Saddest, I ain’t getting any younger, but I did get to see the best teams in our history so far. Maybe, one day… Keep hope alive, young’uns!

[quote=“hootie, post:2, topic:30755”]it would be nice if this was germane to us at all…[/quote] yep, I was going to complain because I think a lot of those formulas underestimate home court advantage (higher profile programs get to play more home games) and I’m sure they’ll pick the ones that favor the P5 the most. But it’ll be a while before this matters for us. I can go ahead and get outraged on behalf of Mtsu though.

Road wins will be emphasized in the Big Dance selection process. In addition, RPI survives for 2017-18 but that metric will probably be eliminated by following season.

CBSSports.com: NCAA Tournament committee to emphasize road results in new bracket process

ESPN.com: NCAA tournament committee to emphasize quality road wins

ESPN.com:
NCAA selection changes a good step, but also a half-measure

NCAA.com: DI Men’s Basketball Committee redefines quality win

Use RPI for out of conference. Using in conference skews to schools in big conferences. Schools in lower conferences can’t control who they play in conference.

NCAA.com: NCAA selection committee adjusts team sheets, emphasizing road/neutral games more than ever

Wish that mattered for us. No need to even open the link and read the details. Doesn’t affect us in the least at this point.

ESPN.com: NCAA tournament selection committee testing new tool that could eventually replace RPI

WSJ.com: Math Madness: College Hoops Fans Hope to Say ‘RIP’ to the RPI