NCAA Stats and where we fit in (rank?)

I know we are considered “FBS transitiona​l” but I would think our stats should be somewhere? If I looked at it correctly, Duke would be leading FBS and FCS in receiving yards to date…some​one can confirm…

If we are listed somewhere, please provide a link in this thread. I would hate to think any accomplishments by the players or team would not be compared to the rest of NCAA and archived at whatever level is appropriate.

Even thought we have had some tough loses and we do need some individuals to step up. There are positives that can be taken from the season so far. And we have some key games coming up with opportunities to be seen and heard.

[quote=“NinerLove, post:1, topic:29068”]I know we are considered “FBS transitiona​l” but I would think our stats should be somewhere? If I looked at it correctly, Duke would be leading FBS and FCS in receiving yards to date…some​one can confirm…

If we are listed somewhere, please provide a link in this thread. I would hate to think any accomplishments by the players or team would not be compared to the rest of NCAA and archived at whatever level is appropriate.

Even thought we have had some tough loses and we do need some individuals to step up. There are positives that can be taken from the season so far. And we have some key games coming up with opportunities to be seen and heard.[/quote]

Duke currently has 946 yards receiving. Top-3 in FBS are: (1) Kevin White 888 (2) Vince Mayle 781 (3) Rashard Higgins 776. The leading receiver in CUSA is Zach Pascal at 509.

Matt Johnson’s 1770 passing yards would place him 18th in FBS.

Phillips’ 749 rushing yards would place him 16th in FBS.

Edit: These in no way represent official statistics and no representation or warranty is made as to their accuracy. Further, the producer of these statistics in no way accepts responsibility for their accuracy. All numbers are provided for entertainment purposes only. For further information regarding these statistics, please contact the law firm of Dewey, Cheatham, & Howe.

[quote=“NewNiner, post:2, topic:29068”][quote=“NinerLove, post:1, topic:29068”]I know we are considered “FBS transitiona​l” but I would think our stats should be somewhere? If I looked at it correctly, Duke would be leading FBS and FCS in receiving yards to date…some​one can confirm…

Even thought we have had some tough loses and we do need some individuals to step up. There are positives that can be taken from the season so far. And we have some key games coming up with opportunities to be seen and heard.[/quote]

Duke currently has 946 yards receiving. Top-3 in FBS are: (1) Kevin White 888 (2) Vince Mayle 781 (3) Rashard Higgins 776. The leading receiver in CUSA is Zach Pascal at 509.

Matt Johnson’s 1770 passing yards would place him 18th in FBS.

Phillips’ 749 rushing yards would place him 16th in FBS.[/quote]

These are the types of things that give me hope going forward. I know every team has athletes, but we really have some guys that have the ability to be solid players at the FBS level.

I know we give Matt a hard time, but he has done about as well as we could have asked him to do these last few games. He still struggles in short passing situations, but he has been very solid with the long ball.

I get excited thinking about Duke and Phillips as seniors. If we can field a competent defense, 2016 could be a good season.

Top FCS receivers are Duke at 966
Chris king from Duquesne with 802 (in 6 games)
Darrin Peterson from Liberty with 773

If you do not have adequate transportation to and from meetings with said law offices, you may request shuttle service provided by Russian chauffeur Pikup Andropov.

If you do not have adequate transportation to and from meetings with said law offices, you may request shuttle service provided by Russian chauffeur Pikup Andropov.[/quote]

I laffed. Then I laffed again.

I would say stick to FCS comparisons. The competition we play is equal to FCS schools and not close to FBS schools. I don’t think Duke could roll up 250 receiving yards against many FBS teams in a single game. If so the kid would be a Heisman candidate.

oops

[quote=“ninerID, post:8, topic:29068”]Our 554.9 yards per game that we give up on defense would put us in 120th place (or 2nd from last) in FCS.

Lehigh gives up 576.6 a game. They have only played FCS scholarship teams (including a top 10 New Hampshire team, top offense in FCS Yale, and James Madison)[/quote]

According to yahoo, we only give up 452 a game, which puts us 21st from the bottom.

[quote=“Tintin, post:9, topic:29068”][quote=“ninerID, post:8, topic:29068”]Our 554.9 yards per game that we give up on defense would put us in 120th place (or 2nd from last) in FCS.

Lehigh gives up 576.6 a game. They have only played FCS scholarship teams (including a top 10 New Hampshire team, top offense in FCS Yale, and James Madison)[/quote]

According to yahoo, we only give up 452 a game, which puts us 21st from the bottom.[/quote]
my bad, read numbers wrong. 554 passed sniff test.

Yeah by just looking at the box score and adding up Pass and Rush you get around 450. That is still bad in my opinion. Very bad.

Cincinnati currently has the highest yards allowed in the FBS with 573 per game. :o

We won’t be that bad, right?

I was on a boring call and looked at the schedules of the last 5 teams we played. All except Central with one other big game, had (by far) their best offense performance of the season when they played us. We are some Arena Football looking stat lines on both sides…

What about yards per play? I’m not trying to defend our defense, it does not pass my eye test, but per game stats are pretty useless.

5.3 yards per play which is about #60. Scoring D we would be #70, Rushing D we are about #75, Passing D we are#108.

With our fast paced offense, some of this should be expected. Just like time of possession.