Nelly.... diversify this

[i]Originally posted by CPA_Niner[/i]@Jul 20 2004, 02:01 PM [b]Hugh McColl: Hello Mr. Nelly how are you, that's a, umm, nice Labron James jersey you are wearing (to an owner's meeting). [/b]
I have no doubt this type of exchange would happen.

Classic example of the problem with today’s sports fan:

too many people in today’s society would accept a person with an interest in one sports team wearing an item from the competition.

Even though Boston had some great teams and great players, Ive always disliked them. I would never wear anything to even give people the chance to associate the Celtics with me.

Welcome to the NEW south. This is the reaction I was hoping would not still be given, but I guess I was wrong. This young man, Nelly, was in the financial position to make this kind of move and he did. A great deal of you sound like you expect him to be performing at every halftime show. Nelly is an entertainer with a schedule that fits his occupation. I believe it is a safe bet that he will not make it to most games. This is more than likely a dream come true for him, but more importantly a business move. He is just a minority owner, not the team spokesman, not the team’s mascot, and not the team’s designated evening entertainment. Also, race is not the only determinant for diversity. Just because Johnson and Nelly are both black men does not mean that they do not have diverse backgrounds, ideas, and visions. Lastly, that comment about the rules per this diverse ownership group, is the most ignorant comment I have seen or heard in a long time.

Bob Johnson welcomed Nelly to the team in hopes that he would be a team spokesman. He was hoping to sell jerseys and that Nelly would be performing at halftime to sell tickets. He may as well be the team mascot now with as much publicity as this deal is getting. This is the direction professional basketball and the youth of America are headed. Please do whatever you can to keep your kids from looking at anyone in the NBA as a rolemodel.

[i]Originally posted by ice_cold49er[/i]@Jul 20 2004, 05:24 PM [b] Lastly, that comment about the rules per this diverse ownership group, is the most ignorant comment I have seen or heard in a long time. [/b]
Don't get out too much do you ice?

Bob Johnson got an additional investor, but the Bobcats franchise and Mr. Johnson lost a lot of credibility with the public today. I think the comments here support the idea that many sports fans feel the same way about the NBA.

[i]Originally posted by ice_cold49er[/i]@Jul 20 2004, 04:24 PM [b] Welcome to the [i]NEW[/i] south. This is the reaction I was hoping would not still be given, but I guess I was wrong. This young man, Nelly, was in the financial position to make this kind of move and he did. A great deal of you sound like you expect him to be performing at every halftime show. Nelly is an entertainer with a schedule that fits his occupation. I believe it is a safe bet that he will not make it to most games. This is more than likely a dream come true for him, but more importantly a business move. He is just a minority owner, not the team spokesman, not the team's mascot, and not the team's designated evening entertainment. Also, race is not the only determinant for diversity. Just because Johnson and Nelly are both black men does not mean that they do not have diverse backgrounds, ideas, and visions. Lastly, that comment about the rules per this diverse ownership group, is the most ignorant comment I have seen or heard in a long time. [/b]
what a lib comment. you probably believe all of Farenheit 9-11 too.

As I said, I would of had a problem if it were Kid Rock or Fred Durst investing too. This has NOTHING to do with race. Nelly is punk and thats what matters.

you say Nelly is not a spokesman, yet this new postition is getting alot of attention. Wait until ESPN or TNT has a Bobcats game and they show Nelly 50 times in the telecast looking like a freaking thug-gangster…nice image for this once great basketball town.

your NEW SOUTH comment is laughable.

its sad when sports teams owners, hell even partial owners, draw more attention, debate and controversy than the players on the team every could

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Jul 21 2004, 01:22 PM [b]its sad when sports teams owners, hell even partial owners, draw more attention, debate and controversy than the players on the team every could[/b]
Dont speak to fast Chisox. Wait for a few losing season, DUI convictions, resturaunt and locker room incidents and see what we are saying about the players. F#$% the NBA!

How did the whole Master P trying out for the Hornets work out in “adding financial interest”? Nuff said.