New AP Poll is out

AP Poll

Marquette still just missing by 2 points

Good to see that the AP came to their senses on the Wolfpack. Where they are at now is about where they should have been all season.

Wichita State is 9-0 with a SOS of 279 and they’re getting votes.

[SIZE=3]WHAT ???[/SIZE]

Hey, Bucknell has four unimpressive losses despite their win, and they’ve got 4 votes… :frowning:

[i]Originally posted by Smoothieking[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 05:47 PM [b] Wichita State is 9-0 with a SOS of 279 and they're getting votes.

[SIZE=3]WHAT ???[/SIZE] [/b]

Hey, teams they beat like Drake, San Francisco, Texas-San Antonio and UMKC are very underrated teams. :stuck_out_tongue: :rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by Smoothieking[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 06:47 PM [b] Wichita State is 9-0 with a SOS of 279 and they're getting votes.

[SIZE=3]WHAT ???[/SIZE] [/b]

Shocking! …

Bwahaha. Texas A&M is getting one vote in the coaches poll.
Check it:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

Oh yes, the Aggies are a “powerful” 11-0 under Billy Gillispie, the first 10 of them at home. Let’s see the scores of their next 2 games: at Kansas and at home against Texas. :smiley:

North Carolina A&T, 89-56
Trinity, 67-48
Texas-Permian Basin, 98-36
Oakland, 81-63
Prairie View A&M, 82-40
Alabama A&M, 71-68
Louisiana-Monroe, 78-36
Chicago State, 90-70
Grambling State, 97-66
Houston, 93-80
@ Penn State 62-60

However, it must be nice to only play one non-conference road game.

11-0 is nothing to laugh at no matter who you play, but I forsee another miserable Big XII conference record for the Aggies.

That schedule just blows by mind. 10 home game in a row and only 2 of those team even deserve to be in div. 1(and 2 are not). I would hate to see their SOS.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 08:06 PM [b] I would hate to see their SOS. [/b]
pcon, according to Ken Pomeroy it's [SIZE=4][b]325[/b][/SIZE] out of 330 NCAA Division I teams. Their RPI is somehow a respectable 122.

Looks like we will need a win @ UAB to start creeping back up the “others receiving votes” section. A 12-2 record going into the Cinci/Marquette week should put us in a good position if we can win either of those games.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Jan 3 2005, 06:31 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Jan 3 2005, 06:31 PM)
[b]Good to see that the AP came to their senses on the Wolfpack. Where they are at now is about where they should have been all season. [/b]

The Bucknell Bisons deserve more votes than the Wolfpack!