New Baseball Stadium Roll Call

My schedule says we play our first games in our newly renovated stadium this weekend, beginning Friday at 2:00. I also believe this has been confirmed in various threads on this site.

Who is planning on going? We have a very respectable team this year and a partially newly renovated stadium to show off. It should be lots of fun.

I hope to be at Friday’s game in time for the first pitch and at least one other game this weekend.

Me

I’m going and Amanda would be coming were it not for an Organic Chemiostry test.

I heard that they’re giving out seat covers or something like that.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;227582]My schedule says we play our first games in our newly renovated stadium this weekend, beginning Friday at 2:00. I also believe this has been confirmed in various threads on this site.

Who is planning on going? We have a very respectable team this year and a partially newly renovated stadium to show off. It should be lots of fun.

I hope to be at Friday’s game in time for the first pitch and at least one other game this weekend.[/QUOTE]

seems kind of anitclimatic to open it partially on a Friday at 2pm.

It would of been nice to have the whole thing done- with a grand opening on a Fri night or Sat with tons of PR and hype/lead up. I think it would be impossible to get a ticket to something like that.

I’m glad they get to play back at home, thus the reason for this odd partial opening.

I’ll be there on Saturday and Sunday announcing; can’t do Friday since I’ll still be teaching at 2:00.

Sorry, I’ll be sitting in a chair at Myrtle Beach about that time.

[QUOTE=HP49er;227622]Sorry, I’ll be sitting in a chair at Myrtle Beach about that time.[/QUOTE]
redneck:smirk:

[QUOTE=metro;227599]
seems kind of anitclimatic to open it partially on a Friday at 2pm.

It would of been nice to have the whole thing done- with a grand opening on a Fri night or Sat with tons of PR and hype/lead up. I think it would be impossible to get a ticket to something like that.
[/QUOTE]

I agree. I wonder if Friday’s game would have been rescheduled for a night game if the stadium was 100% complete. That would make much more sense.

Anyway… it’s still nice the stadium is finally ready.

Friday = No. bad start time for anyone but students.

Saturday/Sunday = Expecting to attend at least one of them.

I was out at campus yesterday and the pressbox and bathroom/concession areas are not even close to being finished. The perminant seats are not installed. The concrete “steps” for the seats and benches are poured so that is where the fans will have to sit. This probably explains the seat cusion idea. The dugouts look awesome as does the field. Enough is done to give you a very clear picture of how large and impressive this thing is going to be.

I’ll be going. I’ve never been to a Charlotte baseball game before. I’m not a huge baseball fan, but Friday is supposed to be a nice day and hopefully some of the pollen will be washed out of the air with tonight and tomorrows rainfall.

i really want to try to make it out to all the games…but i dont know if i can. gonna try though.

[QUOTE=HP49er;227622]Sorry, I’ll be sitting in a chair at Myrtle Beach about that time.[/QUOTE]

Will you and BDD be sharing the same chair, or are both of you taking your own chair?

Any plans to run an article on the newly renovated ball park?

[QUOTE=49er1;228337]Any plans to run an article on the newly renovated ball park?[/QUOTE]

Mike allowed Mr. Utter to use this part of his blog on the subject.

http://gmine.blogspot.com/2007/03/baseball-stadium-could-bring-big-names.html

You actually expect more?

My best guess is to check an upcoming “Neighbors of University City” section.

We wrote about the park back when they announced expansion. It’s not done yet. That said, we’re covering today’s game, first in the somewhat done facility.

This stadium is going to be very NICE when completed. The lack of seats was not too bad since we could sit on the concrete where the seats will be installed… The stadium’s “seating area” was pretty full today, partially due to a lack of as much bank seating space as we used to have.

Nice crowd too, and very loud.

Having the crowd sitting all around behind the plates must really add to the sound.

if one of you guys gets a chance, would you mind posting a some pictures of the new stadium. i’d love to see something besides those sketches.

There are tons of photos on 49ers.com in the stadium story photo gallery.