new beasley story on the scout network

unfortunately i can’t read it. perhaps someone who can will share?

[URL=http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=172&p=2&c=521952&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fstory.scout.com%2fa.z%3fs%3d172%26p%3d2%26c%3d521952]http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=172&p=2&c=521952&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3A%2F%2Fstory.scout.com%2Fa.z%3Fs%3D172%26p%3D2%26c%3D521952[/URL]

“I might want to follow him to Kansas State but I’m not really 100% on that,” Beasley said.

Kansas State. Not exactly what Beasley probably had in mind given his stature as a player, where he’s from on the East Coast and the lack of big time basketball history on the part of the Wildcats.

However, because of Hill they are in there even if Beasley isn’t sure what the mascot of the program is. “I know they’re purple and white,” he cracked, intent on learning more about them each step along the way.

For the most part, it’s just assumed that Beasley will pack and up and follow Hill to the Big 12. However, the power forward termed it “complicated.”

“As of now I’m still a Charlotte 49er but I have another year left and anything can happen.”

Beasley admitted to being shocked when he heard that Huggins settled in at Kansas State. He’ll tell you it won’t be an easy decision. Part of the process is dealing with Charlotte coach Bobby Lutz. The veteran leader lost a coveted assistant and now he’s got a wavering recruit on his hands. It’s a tough spot to be thrust into.

“It’s hard but he handled it very well. He came to Oak Hill. He’s not putting no pressure on me to come there. Whatever I do he’s behind me 100%. He’s not putting any pressure on me. He told me Charlotte still loves me. Wherever I want to go and hopefully he wants it to be Charlotte but he’s behind me 100%.”

Beasley said that he’s also looking at other programs. From schools that were in the Final Four to places like Louisville and Connecticut, he’s taking a peek. “(Hill’s move) opened up a lot of doors for me to look around and see what else is out there.”

As for Hill himself, he’s clearly stated his position.

“Dalonte told me to follow my heart and do what’s best for me.”

Good for Dalonte. I hope Beasley follows his advice even if it means he doesn’t end up here. He seems like a nice kid. A rarity.

best article i’ve seen in what it seems like as years.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;169267]
“It’s hard but he handled it very well. He came to Oak Hill. He’s not putting no pressure on me to come there. Whatever I do he’s behind me 100%. He’s not putting any pressure on me. He told me Charlotte still loves me. Wherever I want to go and hopefully he wants it to be Charlotte but he’s behind me 100%.”
[/QUOTE]

Good job Bobby - that’s the best thing you can do in this situation.

I agree, very good article and I was glad to see what Dalonte told Beasley. I feel for Michael, he’s got a lot on him right now. I just wish the best for the kid even if it means not here (although I’m also wishing here is the best for him). :biggrin:

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;169267]
“Dalonte told me to follow my heart and do what’s best for me.”[/QUOTE]
I think CMack and I initimidated Dalonte Monday at Picasso’s.

so george mason is still in the hunt?

Nice to see him sticking to his commitment. I realize it could be temporary: “As of now I’m still a Charlotte 49er but I have another year left and anything can happen.”

We need to continue the all-out pursuit. Many players who have wavered from commitments have still ended up here. Demon, Diego, and Rodney White all needed an extra year of prep, were re-recruited and still ended up as Niners. Being familiar and comfortable with the situation is very important.

You guys saw Dalonte at Picassos recently?

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;169293]
You guys saw Dalonte at Picassos recently?[/QUOTE]

Monday night at about 6pm CMack and I went to Picasso’s. I was there about 5 or so minutes earlier and eyed Hill the entire time I walked in, to see if that was actually him. Hill walked out (looked like he was waiting on someone), and walked back in right in from of CMack (who confirmed it was Hill). He left shortly after. At least he’s still supporting our Niner establishments…I guess that’s good in some dirty sort of way.

he might be trying to pick up our niner girls… grrr

[QUOTE=C49er;169306]Monday night at about 6pm CMack and I went to Picasso’s. I was there about 5 or so minutes earlier and eyed Hill the entire time I walked in, to see if that was actually him. Hill walked out (looked like he was waiting on someone), and walked back in right in from of CMack (who confirmed it was Hill). He left shortly after. At least he’s still supporting our Niner establishments…I guess that’s good in some dirty sort of way.[/QUOTE]

Lucky I wasn’t there, I would have thrown a pizza at him.

There’s hope!! We have to do everything we can to get him here, its as simple as that.

GREEN > PURPLE!!

[QUOTE=C49er;169306]Monday night at about 6pm CMack and I went to Picasso’s. I was there about 5 or so minutes earlier and eyed Hill the entire time I walked in, to see if that was actually him. Hill walked out (looked like he was waiting on someone), and walked back in right in from of CMack (who confirmed it was Hill). He left shortly after. At least he’s still supporting our Niner establishments…I guess that’s good in some dirty sort of way.[/QUOTE]

This is getting interesting. Based on multiple reports, Huggins and Hill teamed up to pay a visit to Mike B on that same Monday. Can anyone put a time-stamp on the events that occurred on or about the day of May 17th. Was Bob Huggins in our beloved University Picassos or did Dalonte travel alone? What else might have happened on that dubious day, now known as, the day TMB met the man in black and purple. :unsure:

hmm… sounds like a conspiracy…

could it be that Hill and Huggins went in the day, and then parted ways, Huggins heading home and Hill over here? Or did they meet here and head north?