New Bookstore

[QUOTE=49or bust;421760]I know… I know… I really just wanted to make my happy endings joke. But thanks, guys! :tongue:[/QUOTE]

New Idea : Massage Parlor on campus.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Additional photo’s available…?? Like to see more. The Student Unions official grand opening is 8-28 at 4:30. Good to hear the Bookstore is already there. Starbucks or other stores open yet?? And additional photos of the niner gear available? It seems like the location will create more traffic, more sales, more options…finally!!!

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;421674]I dropped in this afternoon, and it’s pretty amazing. Also amazing: the picture of the 2002-03 pep band on the wall near the entrance that features TF playing the tuba.[/QUOTE]

not as cool as the picture in After Hours from the 2001-02 pep band featuring Sideshow on drums

what are they doing with the old bookstore? Is it just a vacant building right now?

chick-fil-a full service like it has been said and they’re also expanding the post office.

I didn't go downstairs. Anyone know what's down there?

course textbooks

[QUOTE=SteauA;421797]chick-fil-a full service like it has been said and they’re also expanding the post office.[/QUOTE]
What else? That’d be the biggest Chick-Fil-A in history.

i’ve heard printing where will be there as well.

What else? That'd be the biggest Chick-Fil-A in history.
It's always packed, so it doesn't seem that unreasonable.

Just had my first visit to the new bookstore today. Selection is absolutely incredible but the prices have not gotten any better. Sucks. There are some amazing shirts and hoodies but the prices are pretty ridiculous, as always.

Just had my first visit to the new bookstore today. Selection is absolutely incredible but the prices have not gotten any better. Sucks. There are some amazing shirts and hoodies but the prices are pretty ridiculous, as always.

Seriously, I stopped by today and while there was lots that I liked, the prices were horrible. The Adidas ClimaCool golf shirt they had I already have a regular one in blue and it was $25, and b/c they sow a Charlotte badge on it that makes it $50?

Also, for a toddler shirt they wanted $15 and all it had on it was Charlotte on the front with the C-pick. People wonder why so many people have so much other gear around town. They can get all that school stuff at Target or Walmart for $5 a pop.

The Adidas ClimaCool golf shirt they had I already have a regular one in blue and it was $25, and b/c they sow a Charlotte badge on it that makes it $50?

I googled the ClimaCool shirts because that sounds like something I’d be interested since I play golf a lot, and I didn’t find one under 40 dollars? Where did you get one so cheap?

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;423468]Seriously, I stopped by today and while there was lots that I liked, the prices were horrible. The Adidas ClimaCool golf shirt they had I already have a regular one in blue and it was $25, and b/c they sow a Charlotte badge on it that makes it $50?[/QUOTE]
$35.00
[URL=https://www.nmnathletics.com/sellnew/ViewItem.dbml?_IN_STORE_=YES&DB_OEM_ID=19800&ITMID=18708&ITMCATID=1715]https://www.nmnathletics.com/sellnew/ViewItem.dbml?IN_STORE=YES&DB_OEM_ID=19800&ITMID=18708&ITMCATID=1715[/URL]

Our contract with Barnes and Noble is the problem with pricing and had been forever. I spoke with the manager here in Bluffton at the University of South Carolina-Beaufort (my g/f is attending there for 2nd degree in Nursing) because their school memorabilia was incredibly cheap. I made a comment about it at the register and she said its because they had the rights to shop vender’s for their gear. She used several different vendors which allowed them to have a huge variety.

She then went on to explain that in a few weeks they will be switching to a Barnes and Noble brand because of the sale of books. When that happens the pricing will nearly double for the apparel. Its really sad because we bought a nice cool climate Polo with school logos, 6 nice school t shirts (full screen print on front) for $75 total. I was shocked. She about cried as she was telling this to us.

Thats why I will only buy Charlotte apparel from 49erfanatics.com. Its cheaper to cut out the middle man. Barnes and Noble is the anti-Christ…or anti-Charlotte students being able to afford memorabilia.

Also, for a toddler shirt they wanted $15 and all it had on it was Charlotte on the front with the C-pick. People wonder why so many people have so much other gear around town. They can get all that school stuff at Target or Walmart for $5 a pop.
yeah $15 dollars for a toddler shirt is outrageous, but i bought it anyways. It did cause me to put down a shirt for myself i had been carrying, anticipating to buy.

Tip on visiting, if you park in the deck beside it, they don’t take credit card, then when you go to the bookstore you can’t get cash back. I was told the closest ATM would be the SAC, those are now RBC Centura, so you’ll pay a fee. Wachovia is at the old bookstore, but if on a lunch break, you have to make choices.

3 atms outside the old bookstore, including the special BB&T special machine.

I googled the ClimaCool shirts because that sounds like something I'd be interested since I play golf a lot, and I didn't find one under 40 dollars? Where did you get one so cheap?

Adidas Outlet store… Tangiers Outlets in Myrtle.

$35.00 [URL]https://www.nmnathletics.com/sellnew/ViewItem.dbml?_IN_STORE_=YES&DB_OEM_ID=19800&ITMID=18708&ITMCATID=1715[/URL]

WTF… that shirt is no different then the Charlotte one except for the color, and the logo, and it’s $15 cheaper. That’s pretty ****ing ridiculous. Honestly, I think when I got mine there was a green one the exact same color as the what Charlotte uses, it obviously just didn’t have the logo.

yeah $15 dollars for a toddler shirt is outrageous, but i bought it anyways. It did cause me to put down a shirt for myself i had been carrying, anticipating to buy.

Sorry, I can’t justify buying a shirt for my son when he’s going to roll around the ground in it, drool on it, and spill food on it. Not when he’ll be lucky to wear it for 3 months max.

Adidas Outlet store... Tangiers Outlets in Myrtle.

Sweet, and I’ll be down in Myrtle in early September. Thanks.

Sorry, I can't justify buying a shirt for my son when he's going to roll around the ground in it, drool on it, and spill food on it. Not when he'll be lucky to wear it for 3 months max.

You’re right, they are too expensive but I still had to make sure my son was representing…

Sweet, and I'll be down in Myrtle in early September. Thanks.

Hope they still have some. When I was there, if you bought one, you got another half off.