New Campus Master Plan

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;404655]I remember hearing something about an indoor batting cage facility down the 3rd base line.[/QUOTE]

On campus batting cages wouldn’t hurt my feelings one bit, so long as the public can use them too!:thumbsup:

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;404653]Martin Village is the equivalent of a small apartment complex. I know they’re beat up but it requires considerable manpower resources and equipment usage to demolish them and remove the remains. Its like tearing down run down government projects housing!:tongue:[/QUOTE]

I had a family member who took down a 600ish foot steel train bridge spanning a rather sizable river for a similar price. Seems like it’d be a lot easier and cheaper to take down some wooden structures. It’s the equivalent of a very small apartment complex.

[QUOTE=Niner National;404660]I had a family member who took down a 600ish foot steel train bridge spanning a rather sizable river for a similar price. Seems like it’d be a lot easier and cheaper to take down some wooden structures. It’s the equivalent of a very small apartment complex.[/QUOTE]

University doesn’t do anything on the cheap. Well, that’s what I’d like to think the reason was anyway.:dry:

If anything even close to this plan as far as the commercial development is concerned comes to fruition, I will be ecstatic. That is EXACTLY the type of thing I’ve been saying we need for years, football, "village(s), name change.

whenever I see things like this, it makes me wish I was 10 years younger.

This looks great! It’s exciting to see the university FINALLY making strides towards what we all wanted.

[QUOTE=Niner National;404660]I had a family member who took down a 600ish foot steel train bridge spanning a rather sizable river for a similar price. Seems like it’d be a lot easier and cheaper to take down some wooden structures. It’s the equivalent of a very small apartment complex.[/QUOTE]

We’re talking about a private contractor dealing with a govt entity. It’s going to cost more than normal.

[QUOTE=VA49er;404746]We’re talking about a private contractor dealing with a govt entity. It’s going to cost more than normal.[/QUOTE]

I believe he was as well. The new bridge was built by the state, so I would assume they would be the ones responsible for hiring someone to demolish the old one. It was in WV though, so its not exactly and apples to apples comparison.

I’ll be the first to admit that this drawing sketches and plans for football stadiums is becoming an addition!:tongue:

can anyone tell me what would be the purpose of “bridging the campus?” I thought they just meant connecting the two sides together more effectively, but they have an actual bridge in the rendering. I don’t really understand the point.

[QUOTE=Niner National;404926]can anyone tell me what would be the purpose of “bridging the campus?” I thought they just meant connecting the two sides together more effectively, but they have an actual bridge in the rendering. I don’t really understand the point.[/QUOTE]

Well, CRI is quite separate from the Main Campus. The bridge would…bridge them.:mellow:

Well, CRI is quite separate from the Main Campus. The bridge would......................bridge them.:mellow:

As an ME, all i can think about is kids in Duke Centennial Hall tinkering with their design project, listening the muffled “FORTY”-“NINERS” chants from across the parking lot.

[QUOTE=itsbraille49;404971]As an ME, all i can think about is kids in Duke Centennial Hall tinkering with their design project, listening the muffled “FORTY”-“NINERS” chants from across the parking lot.[/QUOTE]

As a fellow ME, I will be chanting at the game. I can work on projects on Sunday (before/after the Panthers game of course)!:49ers:

[URL=http://intranet.northcarolina.edu/docs/finance/reports/FINAL_2009-11_Budget.pdf]http://intranet.northcarolina.edu/docs/finance/reports/FINAL_2009-11_Budget.pdf[/URL]

Not sure if anyone has broke this down in their own time but there are several interesting items in the budget for the U.

EPIC (57.2mil)
Parking Decks H (14mil), I(24.5mil) and J (27 mil)
Intercollegiate Tennis Facility (2mil)
Motor Sports Building (8mil)
Sports Complex (24.7mil)
Football Stadium (20.6mil)
PORTAL Building (50mil)
New Residence Hall (51.6mil)
New Residence Hall (38.4mil)
New Residence Hall (82.1mil)
Hayes Stadium Improvements (2.5mil)
New Science Building (120mil)
Burson Modernization (67.6mil)
[B]Student Academic Success and Retention Center (94.7mil)[/B]?
Library Expansion/Modernization (49.8mil)
New Art/Humanities Building (102.8mil)
Student Health Center (50mil)
[B]Belk Gym Expansion/Mod (65.4mil)[/B]?
Reese Mod (26.5mil)
Storrs Expansion (40mil)
Colvard Mod (9.3mil)
Friday Mod (23mil)
Smith/Cameron Mod (24.7mil)
Kennedy Mod (20.3mil)
Center City Classroom II (98.5mil)

Some of these things (yes, state funded, I know) make our little $45.3 million investment in football look paultry.

What are we doing to Belk Gym that costs $65.4 million?

Some of these things (yes, state funded, I know) make our little $45.3 million investment in football look paultry.

What are we doing to Belk Gym that costs $65.4 million?

sheeeesh… for 65mil couldn’t you tear it down and build a new belk gym? thats gotta be a hell of an expansion and refurbishment.

[QUOTE=Anborn;406572]sheeeesh… for 65mil couldn’t you tear it down and build a new belk gym? thats gotta be a hell of an expansion and refurbishment.[/QUOTE]

Olympic sized pool for our ladies swim team (for football related Title IX)?

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;406560][URL=http://intranet.northcarolina.edu/docs/finance/reports/FINAL_2009-11_Budget.pdf]http://intranet.northcarolina.edu/docs/finance/reports/FINAL_2009-11_Budget.pdf[/URL]

[[/QUOTE]

We just built one.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;406560][URL=http://intranet.northcarolina.edu/docs/finance/reports/FINAL_2009-11_Budget.pdf]http://intranet.northcarolina.edu/docs/finance/reports/FINAL_2009-11_Budget.pdf[/URL]

Not sure if anyone has broke this down in their own time but there are several interesting items in the budget for the U.

EPIC (57.2mil)
Parking Decks H (14mil), I(24.5mil) and J (27 mil)
[B]Intercollegiate Tennis Facility (2mil)
[/B]Motor Sports Building (8mil)
Sports Complex (24.7mil)
Football Stadium (20.6mil)
PORTAL Building (50mil)
New Residence Hall (51.6mil)
New Residence Hall (38.4mil)
New Residence Hall (82.1mil)
Hayes Stadium Improvements (2.5mil)
New Science Building (120mil)
Burson Modernization (67.6mil)
[B]Student Academic Success and Retention Center (94.7mil)[/B]?
Library Expansion/Modernization (49.8mil)
New Art/Humanities Building (102.8mil)
Reese Mod (26.5mil)
Storrs Expansion (40mil)
Colvard Mod (9.3mil)
Friday Mod (23mil)
Smith/Cameron Mod (24.7mil)
Kennedy Mod (20.3mil)
Center City Classroom II (98.5mil)

What are we doing to Belk Gym that costs $65.4 million?[/QUOTE]

Finally. Our tennis courts are horrible.

We just built one.

We also did the Hayes stadium improvements. I think this might be dated by a year or so and still have some things on there that are done or being done.

Some of the projects are listed here. Looks like the tennis facility is on hold.

http://facilities.uncc.edu/Capital/projects.asp