New Campus Master Plan

http://masterplan.uncc.edu/sites/default/files/April16%20BOT%20Final.pdf

Love the University City Blvd and Tryon street concepts. Development such as that would dramatically change this area and make the school much more appealing to those that desire a college town feel.

[QUOTE=Niner National;404590]http://masterplan.uncc.edu/sites/default/files/April16%20BOT%20Final.pdf

Love the University City Blvd and Tryon street concepts. Development such as that would dramatically change this area and make the school much more appealing to those that desire a college town feel.[/QUOTE]

Good work NN!:thumbsup:

Love it

Looks very cool!

Screen captures for the people!

[URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/album.php?albumid=11]Master Plan 2009[/URL]

I really like the vision. If our campus creeps up that close to CMC there will be no excuse not to develop a Med School.

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;404607]I really like the vision. If our campus creeps up that close to CMC there will be no excuse not to develop a Med School.[/QUOTE]

THERE’S NO EXCUSE NOW! Except [COLOR=MediumTurquoise][B]Mommy[/B][/COLOR] don’t want to increase our allowance so we can!:dry:

Anyone notice that the baseball stadium seating is increased? I know, just a mock up but baseball is getting better here! Maybe we’ll need more seats at Hayes Field sooner that later?

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;404609]Anyone notice that the baseball stadium seating is increased? I know, just a mock up but baseball is getting better here! Maybe we’ll need more seats at Hayes Field sooner that later?[/QUOTE]

Phase II of the stadium improvement is already being planned and budgeted for.

Phase II of the stadium improvement is already being planned and budgeted for.

How many seats are we adding?

more importantly, why add the seats? The only time we’re at capacity is when Chapel Hill comes to town. Chapel Hill fans can sit on the ground for all I care. Save that money for a football stadium or something else that needs upgrading.

[QUOTE=punkrockcowboy;404612]How many seats are we adding?[/QUOTE]

All I know is that it is budgeted at $2.5 million, and will be done after the fooseball stadium is built.

http://intranet.northcarolina.edu/docs/finance/reports/FINAL_2009-11_Budget.pdf - page 61

I had no idea it would cost that much to renovate the high rises. Still much cheaper than building new dorms though. I’ve also heard they are considering bricking the facade of the high rises like they did with the library so that it blends in with the rest of campus. They’re definitely not going anywhere though.

Also, why is Martin Village demo 850,000 dollars? I’ll help tear that ugly **** down for free.

I had no idea it would cost that much to renovate the high rises. Still much cheaper than building new dorms though. I've also heard they are considering bricking the facade of the high rises like they did with the library so that it blends in with the rest of campus. They're definitely not going anywhere though.

Also, why is Martin Village demo 850,000 dollars? I’ll help tear that ugly **** down for free.

I would like to see the high rises blend in with the rest of campus, as of now they are a bit of an eyesore. And I’d gladly help you tear down Martin Village and Phase III!

[QUOTE=Niner National;404632]

Also, why is Martin Village demo 850,000 dollars? I’ll help tear that ugly **** down for free.[/QUOTE]

Because the folks we hired to knock them down and remove the debris are expecting to be paid for their efforts.

[QUOTE=Niner National;404625]more importantly, why add the seats? The only time we’re at capacity is when Chapel Hill comes to town. Chapel Hill fans can sit on the ground for all I care. Save that money for a football stadium or something else that needs upgrading.[/QUOTE]

Not sure that the next upgrade will be seats. Could be expanded facilities, new concessions, more bathrooms or even more suites.

Couldn’t find anything in the Master Plan about exactly what they envision doing with the land parcel across Mallard Creek Church Rd but it does say that due to the land quality the site would be difficult to develop. Considering the distance from the rest of the campus it would make the hike to CRI look like going from Cone Center to the SAC. I know the Light Rail runs by it but still…Its in the part about mixed use development so I can only assume that the U plans to rent it to businesses for profit or sell the land outright. The University of Minnesota just sold a parcel of land to help finance their new 50,000 seat on campus stadium. I have no idea the political hurtles involved in selling University land and where such money could be spent, but it could be a wise investment to reinvest the value of that land parcel in our football stadium.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;404639]Because the folks we hired to knock them down and remove the debris are expecting to be paid for their efforts.[/QUOTE]

I know, I just had no idea it cost so much for demolition for something that small.

great find. shows some folks have some long term vision for the university, its students, and its appearance.

here’s hoping that football stadium comes to fruition.

[QUOTE=Niner National;404649]I know, I just had no idea it cost so much for demolition for something that small.[/QUOTE]

Martin Village is the equivalent of a small apartment complex. I know they’re beat up but it requires considerable manpower resources and equipment usage to demolish them and remove the remains. Its like tearing down run down government projects housing!:tongue:

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;404641]Not sure that the next upgrade will be seats. Could be expanded facilities, new concessions, more bathrooms or even more suites.[/QUOTE]

I remember hearing something about an indoor batting cage facility down the 3rd base line.