New court design at FIU

Was reading about GW’s new court design incorporating images of the White House, Capitol building, and Washington Monument when I came across this!

CBSSports.com: FIU paints beach-themed basketball court

The artwork on their floor hinders the lines that mark the court. I’m okay with some layered design, but this one could be distracting, if not deceiving.

I do NOT like this trend. Very distracting.

Totally agree.

Last I heard, we aren’t going to have a progressive floor like FIU or GWU.

Dont mind GW’s where the ball is in play and out are still easily seen. However FIU’s should not be allowed. Period. Their area of out of bounds is blue, as is the water comprising the ocean. Just looking at it I have a hard time seeing where the far side of the court begins and ends. That is not fair to a visiting team.

The floor designs are marketing, pure and simple. We would never engage in such.

Agree. That floor sux.

These courts look like something out of the USFL or the XFL.

I like GW and Oregon’s courts. This one is a bit over the top, but Lambertswag is right, it’s pure marketing. Look at all the attention it has gotten them so far (and will continue to).

Only thing I don’t like is the Panther. It doesn’t fit with the rest of the court. I wish we had a court like this.

Agree. That floor sux.[/quote]

Ditto. I hate it.

Also, didn’t we already bring this up months ago?

[quote=“LambertSwag, post:7, topic:27799”]The floor designs are marketing, pure and simple. We would never engage in such.[/quote]hahahahahaha

Ditto. I hate it.

Also, didn’t we already bring this up months ago?[/quote]
That arena doesn’t have much else going for it. It’s a novel concept and I don’t blame them for trying. It means more to them being that it depicts their region. If we had badass beaches down the street from our campus we’d be proud of that too.

Ditto. I hate it.

Also, didn’t we already bring this up months ago?[/quote]
That arena doesn’t have much else going for it. It’s a novel concept and I don’t blame them for trying. It means more to them being that it depicts their region. If we had badass beaches down the street from our campus we’d be proud of that too.[/quote]When I was in school Sanford Beach was pretty stellar.

I don’t mind the way GW did it. It’s not as in-your-face and not as busy. They can do that - DC skyline doesn’t really change (and really doesn’t exist) whereas if we tried to put the CLT skyline on our court it’d be out of date within two years.

I don’t mind the way GW did it. It’s not as in-your-face and not as busy. They can do that - DC skyline doesn’t really change (and really doesn’t exist) whereas if we tried to put the CLT skyline on our court it’d be out of date within two years.[/quote]Well we’ve been changing our floors every 3-4 years anyway.

CBSSports.com: ‘RAID Games’ bring big damage to unique basketball court