New Marketing Campaign

This could be the marketing campaign.

Here is a look:

The rest can be found here:

http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6098134&id=137250510359&ref=mf

credit to Jfelt for the great find.

This campaign is a great, great idea.

Some straight advertising, PR, and even viral all mixed in.

The best part is that a lot of it directly challenges the pre-conceived notions of the university. Now if only ONE of those print ads said, “and you thought we were a satellite of those baby blue tarheels.”

[QUOTE=J Felt;392633]This campaign is a great, great idea.

Some straight advertising, PR, [B][I]and even viral all mixed in.[/I][/B]

The best part is that a lot of it directly challenges the pre-conceived notions of the university. Now if only ONE of those print ads said, “and you thought we were a satellite of those baby blue tarheels.”[/QUOTE]

I think thats awesome, were finally moving into the digital age.

This campaign is a great, great idea.

Some straight advertising, PR, and even viral all mixed in.

The best part is that a lot of it directly challenges the pre-conceived notions of the university. Now if only ONE of those print ads said, “and you thought we were a satellite of those baby blue tarheels.”

Nah. Let’s not even acknowledge Chapel Hill. That is a great poster or whatever, I would love to see it as a billboard across the state or featured in magazines.

Nah. Let's not even acknowledge Chapel Hill. That is a great poster or whatever, I would love to see it as a billboard across the state or featured in magazines.

Those are print ads for magazines…

Nah. Let's not even acknowledge Chapel Hill. That is a great poster or whatever, [B]I would love to see it as a billboard across the state[/B] or featured in magazines.

Agreed.
I’m tired of seeing and hearing Pembroke ads in Charlotte.

Are they really? The remind me of those huge poster prints you see at bus stops uptown or at the airport etc etc

I like the initial concept. Not sure about the King Kong Norm viral videos. The pic axe ties into athletics too.

Are they really? The remind me of those huge poster prints you see at bus stops uptown or at the airport etc etc

they could easily be both, but the captions specifically say “print ad example.”

[QUOTE=HP49er;392642]I like the initial concept. Not sure about the King Kong Norm viral videos. The pic axe ties into athletics too.[/QUOTE]

As does the “Stake Your Claim” tagline.

Me Likey.

I love it!! The use of the pick axe is awesome.

STAKE YOUR CLAIM!!! GO NINERS!!!

This is actually my favorite. I love the reference to one of our better known athletes, Lindsey Ozimek.

those are all really awesome!

the one talking about ozimek should have had a picture of her, though. not some random dude.

other than that, awesome.

[SIZE=7]FAIL[/SIZE]

[IMG]http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs033.snc1/2594_137286720359_137250510359_6098150_7678206_n.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=7]FAIL[/SIZE]

The only one I don’t like at all.

And the soccer player one probably will have a picture of Ozimek (if that’s who they’re talking about), these are just concepts, which are usually done using stock photos.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;392652][SIZE=7]FAIL[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

That one im iffy on. Yes, I know UNC is meant as the University of North Carolina(system), but I think a lot of people with read that as the University of North Carolina(at Chapel Hill)

[QUOTE=HP49er;392642]I like the initial concept. Not sure about the King Kong Norm viral videos. The pic axe ties into athletics too.[/QUOTE]

‘King Kong’ Norm!!! That is badass!!!

[QUOTE=jfickett;392651]those are all really awesome!

the one talking about ozimek should have had a picture of her, though. not some random dude.

other than that, awesome.

[/QUOTE]

And wore a school jersey… and wore real soccer cleats.

[QUOTE=The Lax;392655]That one im iffy on. Yes, I know UNC is meant as the University of North Carolina(system), but I think a lot of people with read that as the University of North Carolina(at Chapel Hill)[/QUOTE]

Just replace ‘UNC’ with ‘STATE’ and it’s all good. Notice the football jersey on the girls???

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;392659]Just replace ‘UNC’ with ‘STATE’ and it’s all good. Notice the football jersey on the girls???[/QUOTE]
I’d be fine with that. also change the number on the girl in the gold jersey from 50 to 49