New Name for Students section

The Halton Hooligans is a crappy name. I was thinking about it and if we were to name our students section the 49er Club it would be an good idea. At NC State the Alumni group is called the Wolfpack club but the students are called the Junior Wolfpack club. If the students section were involved directly with the 49er club I don’t see that as a bad thing. The section could have green shirts with the 49er logo in the center surrounded with gold letters saying “49er club”. Either that or “Get Drunk Go Niners” either of them sounds great to me.

You want to copy the old guys?

Just kidding, honest. :ph34r:

This has been discussed in another thread. Junior 49er Club??? That just doesn’t have a ring to it. I think nc state is not a program we want to copy. The students need their own identitly.

NINER NATION’S NASTY NINERS

Was there a vote for this at the game? If so I missed it.

By the way it’s the student Wolfpack Club. We already have a Junior 49er club and it’s for little kids. We don’t need to copy State. We need to be united in NINER NATION!!!

Yeah, there was a vote at the game. The usual choices were there - Niner Nation, Gang Green, Halton Houlingans, a new one - Lutzatics, and a write in spot.

State’s junior wolfpack club is for little kids. The student wolfprack club is for students and those are all subsets of the larger Wolfpack club. I think states model is a good one to copy as it would encourage students to join 49er club while they are here. They will be more likely to keep up with 49er club if they already have membership from being a student. I think more students would join if there was a student 9er club.

as for a nickname for our cheering sections, Niner Nation is not just another cameron crazy rip-off choice for a name. It is just who we are anmd its cool and original. If people produce more NN shirts, maybe they name will catch-on with everybody.In Niner Nation, the poaching of bearcats, cardinals, tigers, and wildcats is not illegal. We chop them up with pick axes and then serve them in RDH.

I voted… 3 times. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lutzatics, works only as long as Bobby is coach, then you need to come up with another name. Take note of the folowing quote, it may be prophetic.

[b][b]"If we had this every game, no telling how good we'd be at home."[/b] - Bobby Lutz, February 5, 2005[/b]
[i]Originally posted by lutz9er[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 10:14 AM [b] I think states model is a good one to copy as it would encourage students to join 49er club while they are here. They will be more likely to keep up with 49er club if they already have membership from being a student. I think more students would join if there was a student 9er club. [/b]
Through the Wolfpack club at NCSU, they have built a 40 million dollar Football facility, Wolfpack towers a facility where they have sold multiple $45,000 suites. They pay for every single athletic scholarship at NCSU. At Charlotte we have trouble raising 8 million to build a football team. I understand NCSU's alumni is higher in numbers than at Charlotte, but at the same time it's not a bad example to follow. Our alumni that supports Charlotte is loyal, and I am by no means dogging them, but not all alumni are loyal, to build a future, uniting the Students section and the Alumni by name in no way shape or form is a negative. The 49er club and Student 49er club is not a bad suggestion, but it's only a suggestion.
[i]Originally posted by SKEET SKEET[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 10:43 AM [b] They pay for every single athletic scholarship at NCSU. [/b]
SKEET SKEET, scholarships are only funded at 85% overall at UNCC. :(

2004-05 CHARLOTTE ATHLETICS SCHOLARSHIPS DISTRIBUTION
Men’s Baseball – 10.98 scholarships, 11.8 allowed by the NCAA (93.1%)
Men’s Basketball – 13 scholarships, 13 allowed by the NCAA (100.0%)
Men’s Golf – 3.69 scholarships, 4.5 allowed by the NCAA (82.0%)
Men’s Soccer – 9.8 scholarships, 9.9 allowed by the NCAA (99.0%)
Men’s Tennis – 3.51 scholarships, 4.5 allowed by the NCAA (78.0%)
Men’s Track – 9.18 scholarships, 12.7 allowed by the NCAA (72.3%)
Men’s TOTALS – 50.16 scholarships, 56.4 allowed by the NCAA (88.94%)
Women’s Basketball – 15 scholarships, 15 allowed by the NCAA (100.0%)
Women’s Soccer – 11.19 scholarships, 12 allowed by the NCAA (93.25%)
Women’s Softball – 7.33 scholarships, 12 allowed by the NCAA (61.1%)
Women’s Tennis – 6.05 scholarships, 8 allowed by the NCAA (75.6%)
Women’s Track – 12.07 scholarships, 18 allowed by the NCAA (67.1%)
Women’s Volleyball – 12 scholarships, 12 allowed by the NCAA (100.0%)
Women’s TOTALS – 63.64 scholarships, 77 allowed by the NCAA (82.65%)
Department TOTALS – 113.8 scholarships, 133.4 allowed by the NCAA (85.31%)

That was part of his point, NCSU funds all of their scholarships and we don’t.

I think it’s a good idea, I just don’t know if I am really fond of the junior 49er name. If we could make a link to the 49er club and have it not sound like a junior high club, I think it would be awesome. You are a such and such when you’re a student and then you graduate to the 49er club.

[b]In Niner Nation, the poaching of bearcats, cardinals, tigers, and wildcats is not illegal. We chop them up with pick axes and then serve them in RDH.[/b]

Nice.

Junior 49er club would be for anyone under 12 or 14 or something like that. Student 49er club would be for Univeristy of Charlotte students. The current 49er club would be the umbrella group for the other two.

The cool thing about NC states club is that years in the junior wolfpack club count towards total years in the wolfpack club, so when calculating total years. If you join at 4 yrs old and then graduate charlotte when you are 24. You already have been a member for twenty years.

My 14 year old brother has been a member of the junior wolfpack club since he was 7. They guarantee that you will be able to buy tickets to one conference game (usually a gutter team- this year UVA in basketball and Richmond and ECU in football) if you are in junior wolfpack club.

It would be cool because we could pull out kids to see St. Louis and in the future St. Bonaventure and Duquense since our turnout is lower in those type games. We would be building niners in the process. I wouldn’t be as into basketball if I hadn’t had mini packs to NC State every year since I was 9 when I got to see Les Robinson’s team get pummeled. Imagine if youre first basketball expereince was an actually good team like 9ers. You would be hooked.

It would be an incentive for parents to get their kids signed up and ultimately help develop more new niners for the future and it would get their parents out to the game to fill up some seats and increase our donor support.

You can pick on Nc States athletic success, (the little that exists), but please take note of the way the fund and build spupport for their atheltic dept.

A student niner club would be a good way for students to support the program in ways besides cheering at the game, their most important support.

[b]They guarantee that you will be able to buy tickets to one conference game (usually a gutter team- this year UVA in basketball and Richmond and ECU in football) if you are in junior wolfpack club. [/b]

Hmmm, the gutter team is UVA? Don’t say much for State that they lost to an ACC gutter team this week. :o

Despite losing to a gutter team, State is no gutter team…yet. They’re inconsistent. They convincingly beat a solid Maryland team in Maryland, Georgia Tech, and played a tough game against Washington and to a lesser extent Duke.

They have their share of bad losses too. I predict that they will beat Wake once and one other good ACC team, but they lose practically every other game ( it is Sendek-ball) and they don’t go to NCAA; they’re inconsistent and boring to watch but not a gutter.

Did anyone else notice that UAB has a “Gang Green”?

It’s an old topic. Though we were before UAB, we weren’t the first as other teams have done the “Gang Green” thing