New Podcasts: "Hwy49" and "Inside the Mine"🎙️

Episode 6 of the Chasing Gold podcast is out!

1 Like
2 Likes

Walker Mehl really has a fantastic radio voice. Wish we could get him in more roles.

1 Like
2 Likes

Episode 7 is live!

2 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

If you are a Niner fan, you need to listen to this interview.

I’m not going to say that Mike solves all of our problems, but he does address them. So have a listen, and share your opinion here.

I thought they did a really good job. Mike hits most points really well. I like him alot. Expansion is coming soon. Aac in 23. I feel we are in good hands.

1 Like

Mike said stadium expansion is a “timely” topic, but he didn’t commit to stadium expansion in any way. Not saying it’s not going to happen, but he certainly didn’t commit to it.

1 Like

I noticed that too. His entire discussion was focused on offsetting any potential AAC objections to our Stadium size. Hence the verbal agreement with the Panthers, which was how he overcame that for our bid.

On the flip side he did specifically bring up all of our upcoming nonconference games that are going to draw really well, plus our conference games with ECU. He said that our stadium is not sufficient for those games. I wish Hunter had pushed him and asked what the plan was then for some of those games which are rapidly approaching. Games against App, CHeat, NCSU, etc are going to be packed (and he is loving the idea of selling those tickets).

He then transitioned to our away game nonconference schedule. Nice pivot away from the expansion topic (and I mean that - Mike is a pro communicator), but he did also suck me in with all the kickass road trips they have lined up for us… @USC, @UGA, @Florida, etc.

clt says the perspective is helpful. we started football in 2013, and are now in the aac. that is amazing.

I was working but thought he did. Didnt he talk about knowing it needed to be bigger with the teams we have coming in?