New TV Season

A new season is upon us and we have alot if new shows on the schedule, half of them seem to involve the supernatural or alien invasion. What are the old ones you most looking forward to returning and which new show are you going to give a try???

Shows I will continue to watch:

Veronica Mars- I didn’t watch this during it’s original run last fall, but thanks to the suggestions of members of the board, I watched it all summer and loved it. It is now in my top five and I can’t wait till the season premire.

Nip/Tuck- The season finally really let you hanging and I can’t wait to find out what happens with Christian and the Slasher. If you’ve never seen this show, check it out. It really is a great ADULT show and has become one of my favorites.

Lost- Great show, so much potential. They have me hooked.

24- I been watching since the first season and I’ll stay with them till Jack can’t do it anymore or until they make Sherri Palmer President. It’s the fasted hour on television.

West Wing- Granted it has gone down hill since Sorkin left, but I continue to enjoy it. It will be interesting to see who is the next president and what dirction the show goes in.

Survivor- The Reality show that started it all and it never disappoints, this season looks like the most grueling ever. I’ve never missed an episode of any season.

O.C.- I have to watch this beause of my wife and I use to sort of enjoy it, I think thoses day are over. Seems to have run it’s course and story lines are more stupidity than I can handle.

Apprentice(Trump version)- Love it, will continue to watch. Always interesting to see what losers they come up with the their huge pool of applicants.

**Starved- The is a half hour comedy on F/X and I have really enjoyed it. Some very smart funny stuff, though sometime alittle sad. Always interesting.

New Shows I’ll Give A Shot:

My Name is Earl- I don’t know why I’ll watch this, they have done a good job pulling me in with the previews and I like Jason Lee.

Night Stalker- Loves the original when I was a kid so I’ll give this a try.

How I Met Your Mother- I miss the quality half hour comedy, hopefully this will be one. The previews show promise, we’ll see.

Commander in Chief- This will determine whether I vote for Hillary or not.

Prison Break- I have really enjoyed this show, tied with 24 for the fastest hour on televison.

you watch too much tv :smiley:

[b]24- I been watching since the first season and I'll stay with them till Jack can't do it anymore or [b]until they make Sherri Palmer President[/b]. It's the fasted hour on television. [/b]

wash your mouth out for even saying that.

when does this season start again, after superbowl in februrary?

[b]Commander in Chief- This will determine whether I vote for Hillary or not. [/b]

atleast you know the point of the show already, I’ll pass on this one. Sherri Palmer is all i needed to see to make that decision

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Sep 16 2005, 12:12 PM [b] Nip/Tuck- The season finally really let you hanging and I can't wait to find out what happens with Christian and the Slasher. If you've never seen this show, check it out. It really is a great ADULT show and has become one of my favorites.

24- I been watching since the first season and I’ll stay with them till Jack can’t do it anymore or until they make Sherri Palmer President. It’s the fasted hour on television.
[/b]

Nip tuck is awesome, but the real new season of television doesnt start until January

tv’s overrated

lost is the best forget the rest. except for family guy.

After a hating season of watching the Pirates lose every night, I’m taking the fall off from sports until November.

Here’s what I plan to catch until them.

As for the new season, my must watches are:
Tuesday - Supernatural 9:00 on the WB. Ghost story show. Poor man’sXFiles. If I sucks, I switch back to House.
Wednesday - Veronica Mars 9:00 on UPN. Best show on television. I will take credit for bring this board Veronica Mars. Jimmie, you are welcome.
(I’ll be taping Lost and Invasion)
Friday: Taping both Battlestar Gallactica(freaking crack to me) and Threshold
Sunday: Family Guy

I’ll catch Prison Break, Rome when I can

Tintin

when is Tintin coming back to TV, my sister swears that me and her are the only people that have even heard of it

Has anyone seen “Rome” on HBO, if so anygood?

I think Sopranos 6th season starts first of 2006, not sure about Deadwood and the other shows they have.

Just put me down for Lost, 24 and Survivor. As well as some of the other reality shows that I keep getting sucked into watching.

I’m a little worried about 24 this year though. I’ve been a HUGE fan since it began but I’m not sure about the direction they’re heading in, with how last season ended. Jack as a fugitive just seems a bit out there for me. Not that the whole show isn’t too far out there so I’m sure they’ll pull it off.

I’m the most excited about Lost though. I just hope it lives up to the first season which is often tough to do.

My one guilty pleasure: Desperate Housewives. Got sucked in and never missed an episode. And having Eva Longoria to look at for 60 minutes doesn’t hurt. :slight_smile:

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Sep 16 2005, 11:12 AM [b] Veronica Mars- I didn't watch this during it's original run last fall, but thanks to the suggestions of members of the board, I watched it all summer and loved it. It is now in my top five and I can't wait till the season premire.

Lost- Great show, so much potential. They have me hooked.

O.C.- I have to watch this beause of my wife and I use to sort of enjoy it, I think thoses day are over. Seems to have run it’s course and story lines are more stupidity than I can handle.

My Name is Earl- I don’t know why I’ll watch this, they have don’t a good job pulling me in with the previews and I like Jason Scott.

Prison Break- I have really enjoyed this show, tied with 24 for the fastest hour on televison. [/b]

Veronica Mars is great - watched it all last season and saw the last 15 minutes of the finale again other night. WHO IS BEHIND THE DOOR??? LOGAN OR DUNCAN?!?!?!?

Lost - good show, disappointing finale last season. BUT I know what’s in the hatch, he he… supposed to be a REALLY good premiere and first couple of episodes.

OC - Ryan is starting to age too much. High school senior?? Come on!! Still watching, but not very happy with the writers.

My name is Earl - supposed to be one of the best shows this fall - will definitely have to check it out.

Prisonbreak - acting is a little off, and the whole show is a little cheesy. Would have been a better movie if you ask me. Just watched the longest yard this weekend and I kept getting confused at to which guards were on which show! LOL. Still watching for the time being.

Others:

Weeds (on Showtime) - it started a couple of weeks ago - pretty funny show. It’s about an upper class widower mom that starts dealing to make ends meet.

The Biggest Loser - I watch it for inspiration, exercise examples, and just because there’s nothing else on at the time

So you think that you can dance - been watching this, always makes me want to dance after it goes off - I’m a former dancer so I enjoy watching this type of thing. Although I’ve not been involved enough to actually vote for anyone.

Desperate Housewives - can’t wait for the premiere - great show, funny - husband watches it to look at the chicks I think…

Boston Legal - LOVE THIS SHOW - was ticked when they started Grey’s Anatomy and kept it going pushing the last few Boston Legal’s back to this year. The characters are hilarious, I always laugh with this show.

I’m sure that there are more, but these are my main ones… Can’t wait for next week!

Arrested Development is some of the best writing in TV today.

Family Guy should be in everyone’s top 5.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Sep 16 2005, 02:28 PM [b] Family Guy should be in everyone's top 5. [/b]
:toast: :toast: :toast:

i’ll drink to that. the only tv wrth watching IMO is cartoons, sports, and jeopardy.

TV for me basically means sports. That and random episodes of House and Real World ( I feel gay for even saying that ).

Family guy kicks ass… no one has mentioned the other show from Lost creator JJ… Alias. GREAT show… lots of intrigue and they don’t get bogged down in one story. It has its moments of sheer brilliance and then a few shows that fail to deliver, but over all excellent show. I agree with all the comments about Lost and 24 though… awesome shows. I kept saying they needed to send Jack Baurer to New Orleans… he would have cleaned up the looters in a hurry! Shows not mentioned… sci fi anyone? The stargates and battlestar galactica smoke…ussually have them on tivo since friday night ussually means doing things other than watching tv… even though I am writing this on a friday night. And last but not least… not on an every week list… but still have to check in on what the boys and hot women in WWE are doing!

Arrested Development!

If you have not seen this great show, get out and rent it from blockbuster now! Absolutely hilarious!

Mondays at 8pm

Also,

Rome is really good.

Arrested Development won the Emmy for a reason and should win again this year - classic. Gotta watch season one first, rent it and take a few days … then try to get season two (if it’s out). Insanity.

I tried Family Guy last night, and I wasn’t that impressed. I might give it one more try, but I just might not get into cartoon nudity as much as some people…

I love Family Guy.

It’s a little hit and miss, but when it’s on, holy hell is it funny.

Someone help me - what episode - Peter asks some guy (bartender?) if he’s a man and then flattens him? I’ve almost completely forgotten the premise, but that’s about the hardest I’ve laughed in years.

THE OFFICE on nbc! I was turned onto the show by another NN poster. The show has no laugh track and is so akward at times but soooo good. I guess they took the plot off some british comedy show, but added American actors. It ran a 6 episode pilot last year and I guess it made the cut (rightfully so) cause the next season is due out next month!! Definately a cant miss!