New UNC Charlotte Study on Wastewater and Antibiotics

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/294661.php (Video)

At the bottom of that portion of the article: “unc.edu:frowning:

[quote=“weakjaw, post:2, topic:29635”]At the bottom of that portion of the article: “unc.edu” :([/quote] Oh, but the Observer does not suck!

I don’t think the Observer is a great newspaper and not having the correct link under a Charlotte article is definitely sloppy journalism.

What bothers me most about the Observer comments here is that they typically are 1)Pulled into threads where they have no context, 2)Just taking up space, i.e. “the Observer sucks” with no true analysis, 3)Many times perpetuate the “they are out to get us” syndrome and lastly and most importantly 4)Observer discussions have more posts and comments devoted to them than virtually any topic on this board over the last 10 years and make NNN much less interesting.

I’m just curious as one of the biggest Observer critics why you still subscribe 4ever? Time for you to send them a message!

Oh and #5)Made under the presumption that the Observer is a PR arm for the University vs. a for-profit business that needs to sell newspapers and garner page views in a rapidly changing environment for media.

5-4-3…

edit: Oops! Too late. I should have started at 2 instead of 5.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

clt says UNC.edu is technically correct. If only the infidels in Orange County would use uncch.edu.

I don’t think the Observer is a great newspaper and not having the correct link under a Charlotte article is definitely sloppy journalism.

What bothers me most about the Observer comments here is that they typically are 1)Pulled into threads where they have no context, 2)Just taking up space, i.e. “the Observer sucks” with no true analysis, 3)Many times perpetuate the “they are out to get us” syndrome and lastly and most importantly 4)Observer discussions have more posts and comments devoted to them than virtually any topic on this board over the last 10 years and make NNN much less interesting.

I’m just curious as one of the biggest Observer critics why you still subscribe 4ever? Time for you to send them a message!

Oh and #5)Made under the presumption that the Observer is a PR arm for the University vs. a for-profit business that needs to sell newspapers and garner page views in a rapidly changing environment for media.[/quote] Not going to have this discussion again. Not worth the effort. Yada, Yada. Yada.

Oh and #5)Made under the presumption that the Observer is a PR arm for the University vs. a for-profit business that needs to sell newspapers and garner page views in a rapidly changing environment for media.[/quote] Not going to have this discussion again. Not worth the effort. Yada, Yada. Yada.[/quote]THen why do people (same ones) repeatedly bring up the Observer over and over and over again. It’s nauseating.

Oh and #5)Made under the presumption that the Observer is a PR arm for the University vs. a for-profit business that needs to sell newspapers and garner page views in a rapidly changing environment for media.[/quote] Not going to have this discussion again. Not worth the effort. Yada, Yada. Yada.[/quote]THen why do people (same ones) repeatedly bring up the Observer over and over and over again. It’s nauseating.[/quote]

Excellent f***ing point Ross. Like “Niner” mike has told us a million times, the O is the best newspaper in the whole wide world and loves us more than anyone else. It’s a shame that most real Niner fans don’t see it that way and feel the need to express their views. The nerve of them.

Oh and #5)Made under the presumption that the Observer is a PR arm for the University vs. a for-profit business that needs to sell newspapers and garner page views in a rapidly changing environment for media.[/quote] Not going to have this discussion again. Not worth the effort. Yada, Yada. Yada.[/quote]THen why do people (same ones) repeatedly bring up the Observer over and over and over again. It’s nauseating.[/quote] I know. I hate those A’holes. ;D
Sure am glad you and I are without fault.

I can already tell you the results of the study.
Wastewater-Bad, don’t drink it.
Antibiotics-Good, take when sick, but not to much or viruses will get immune.
:))

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:11, topic:29635”]I can already tell you the results of the study.
Wastewater-Bad, don’t drink it.
Antibiotics-Good, take when sick, but not to much or viruses will get immune.
:))[/quote]I imagine it is more about medicine getting into waste water both through people pissing out excess active ingredient and dumping expired medicine in the toilet.