Next season?

I know next season is a long way away, and we still have a chance to do something special this season, but I was wondering what you guys think about the rotation for next year(especially if everyone stays)? I guess if everyone stays the lineup would be Martin, Curt, E.J., DA, Mitch. With a our deepest bench EVER!.. Chris, Lee, Marcus, Mitch M, Jerrell, and the two Juco’s.

theres no way in hell bennett comes off the bench. he will start at the two.
i see our starting 5 being:

mitch
marcus
DA
curtis
iti

EJ will be the 6th man, and lee will split time with mitch and marcus

You beat me to it. I was just going to start a post for our line-up next year. This year we really only go 8 deep and sometime 7. Next year will be different.
Here’s how I see the line-up looking:

PG - Mitch, Lee, Jerrell
SG - DA, Bennet
SF - EJ, Jamsion
PF - Curt, Nance, Mullis
C - Iti, Coleman

That team is loaded

I do not see J. Lewis coming back. I bet he will transfer.

You guys DA will not start at the two, he is Eddie’s “replacement” at the three. Marcus Bennett has the two spot LOCKED UP, you can write that down and count on it.

Southern Pines is that just a hunch? Clearly he’ll have limited minutes at the 1 next year, but he has the potential to be a three year starter after that. As a pass-first PG, that’d be a nice thing.

[b]You guys DA will not start at the two, he is Eddie's "replacement" at the three. Marcus Bennett has the two spot LOCKED UP, you can write that down and count on it. [/b]

Agree

I am not sold DA will start over EJ. Even though I think he should. You never know what the lineup will be with Bobby.

[i]Originally posted by Southern Pines N Da House[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 07:58 AM [b]I do not see J. Lewis coming back. I bet he will transfer.[/b]
I have the same feeling. I guess it depends on how other things turn out, unless we are ever forced to use Lee at the SG, Lewis will be our backup PG for 3 years after spending next year getting Tripp Miller-esque PT. Depends what type of player/person he is though, some guys would be content on being a primary backup on a good team for 3 years, others wouldn't like that. We've had a mix of both recently, who knows what Lewis will do.

PG: Mitch, Lee, Lewis
SG: Bennett, Lee, Jamison
SF: DA, EJ
PF: Withers, Nance, Coleman
C: Iti, Nance, Coleman

As for next year, I am with the crowd that Bennett will be starting. We will be crowded, but luckily all of the guys SG, SF and PF are upperclassmen and it is very very unlikely that anyone will jet(wouldn’t be too shocked to see Jamison or Coleman not show up though).

It’s looking really nice, but you really can’t tell how much losing Eddie will hurt us. We lose him and pick up 4 big contributors(2 starters), but you can’t underestimate how much he means. He does whatever we need him to for this team.

We will go 10 deep if everyone stays and shows up. The only real concern is probably Iti, if he doesn’t go pro I wouldn’t rule out a transfer, I don’t think he was expecting 10 less minutes a game than the other 4 starters. And the post will only be more crowded next season. I say Mullis redshirts, he’s suppossed to be a tough rebounder type player who should do very well for us off the bench once Nance, Drayton and Withers are gone.

Jamison and Coleman are wild cards. Both will struggle to find PT, but if even one of them comes through and is solid contributor it will be a huge bonus.

We will be bringing in a very deep and talented group for our first A10 run, hopefully we can get things started with a conference title!

Unless Charter Pines starts up a basketball league, I can’t imagine how DA wouldn’t start over EJ.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 01:56 PM [b] Unless Charter Pines starts up a basketball league, I can't imagine how DA wouldn't start over EJ. [/b]
haha yeah, no way does EJ start over DeAngelo