NFC South Stock Watch

John Fox’s stock is falling fast according to ESPN…
[B]
FALLING

John Fox, coach, Panthers.[/B] This time, there are no lightning rods around Fox. He’s got a 0-3 team and the blame all falls on the coach. His seat is getting very hot and fans again are starting the rumblings for Bill Cowher.

In the past, Fox has used coordinators or injuries as scapegoats. That’s not going to fly this time around. If the Panthers don’t turn things around immediately, Fox’s days will be numbered.

full link: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/3383/how-i-see-it-nfc-south-stock-watch-2

The Panthers could just as easily lose 2 or 3 of their next 3 games, but let’s just assume they win all 3. At 3-3, I still dont think they’ll salvage a playoff bid, but the discussion then will be: what record does Fox need to post to keep his job?

8-8?

I think we’re headed for 6-10, personally.

I think injuries have definitely crippled us on the defensive side…most notably Kemu but not having Chris Harris has killed us and Diggs absence hasn’t helped. Either way, they picked up Ellis Thomas who is a decent veteran defensive tackle and hopefully the injuries will no longer be a problem after the bye week…then we’ll see what the team is made of. I think there are 3 winnable games staring at them after the bye week. After that, a tough road. If they have any hope of making the playoffs, they need the next 3, bad.

The Panthers could just as easily lose 2 or 3 of their next 3 games, but let's just assume they win all 3. At 3-3, I still dont think they'll salvage a playoff bid, but the discussion then will be: what record does Fox need to post to keep his job?

8-8?

I think we’re headed for 6-10, personally.

Based on how bad the Panthers are in nearly every phase of the game right now, I don’t know if they can salvage many wins at all in the next few games…which is the easiest part of the schedule.

If they don’t win 2-3 of the next 3-4 games, 6-10 may be a little on the optimistic side.

Playoffs…not a chance. None. Poor run defense, no pass rush, dreadful special teams (both coverage and returns)and still no option other than Steve Smith at WR.

This is not a playoff team…even with an easy schedule.

I think Dwayne Jarrett needs to get on the field, some how, some way. I’m tired of seeing us having 2 TE’s out wide. I don’t mind Rosario split out wide, but King is a not a threat to any defense. Need to get Moore and Jarret out there. If we are going to abandon the running game, which we pretty much have done, spread it out, put people out there that can make plays.

All the hate on Jarrett, he’s caught the ball this year when it’s been thrown to him. He needs some PT.

I think Dwayne Jarrett needs to get on the field, some how, some way. I'm tired of seeing us having 2 TE's out wide. I don't mind Rosario split out wide, but King is a not a threat to any defense. Need to get Moore and Jarret out there. If we are going to abandon the running game, which we pretty much have done, spread it out, put people out there that can make plays.

All the hate on Jarrett, he’s caught the ball this year when it’s been thrown to him. He needs some PT.

Apparently, Jarrett’s problem isn’t catching…it’s that he can’t get open. He doesn’t run sharp routes and he can’t get separation.

Like you said, it says alot that they would rather split out a TE instead of Jarrett.

I think we need to do something with Jarrett…but that something would be to let him go. Maybe Kenneth Moore should get some looks.

Another second round bust… geez haven’t had that in a while /sarcasm

Crappy special teams and they can’t tackle.

The D’s main problem is they can’t tackle - period.

Offense - crappy play calling, crappy clock management, horrible QB play.

I have been a Jake supporter and a Fox supporter, but the time has come to cut them both loose.

Crappy special teams and they can't tackle.

The D’s main problem is they can’t tackle - period.

Offense - crappy play calling, crappy clock management, horrible QB play.

I have been a Jake supporter and a Fox supporter, but the time has come to cut them both loose.

I agree with everything you said…i don’t understand, this is almost the same defense as last year. what happened to their tackling? and i feel the same way about jake and fox. they are making it hard on me not to be a hater.

[QUOTE=TRLeader;434707]Apparently, Jarrett’s problem isn’t catching…it’s that he can’t get open. He doesn’t run sharp routes and he can’t get separation.

Like you said, it says alot that they would rather split out a TE instead of Jarrett.

I think we need to do something with Jarrett…but that something would be to let him go. Maybe Kenneth Moore should get some looks.[/QUOTE]

that was him last year. This year he has made several catches. Considering he’s never on the field, I think he’s done well while he’s been out there. King should never be on the field on a 3rd and long unless he’s going to block someone.

I’m a huge Kenny Moore fan, would love to see him get some PT as well.

Jarrett needs to be cut, and they need to move Rosario to WR. He can’t block, but he runs good routes, gets open, and has good hands.