NFL Network releases it's list of 100 Greatest of All Time

Let the discussion begin. It’s really hard to compare different generations. But it’s still fun. I’d probably bump Ray Lewis up. Emmit Smith is always the toughest to rank of the RBs. Personally I’d rank Tomlinson and Faulk higher than him. I’d also probably put Elway ahead of Favre and Brady.

http://top100.nfl.com/

Also worth noting. Only 3 modern era WRs made the list(Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Michael Irvin). Like him or not, TO should be top 50 All Time.

Im not sure how Derrick Thomas didnt make the list…

Marshall Faulk should be much higher dude was a work horse. I wish Earl Campbell would have played longer, poetry in motion.

Evidently Deion Sanders wasn’t to thrilled about where he placed on the list.

Primetime wouldn’t have been satisfied with anything lower than 1st.

I think what partly hurts Tomlinson and Faulk, in some people’s eyes, is the evolution of the RB position. Both Tomlinson and Faulk were threats with the run and receiving. So their total rushing yards are not going to be as high as some. But I believe total yards from line of scrimmage, they’re at the top. Can’t find that stat just yet.

Farve is too high. I’d like to see Barry Sanders a little higher. Its a hard list to make because of the different nature of the positions. I mean, was Anthony Munoz a better player than Barry Sanders or Ray Lewis? I dunno?

Also, I’ve never seen Sid Luckman play a down in my life but I’d almost bet the farm that he’s not the 33 best football player of all time.

:o Joe Willie Namath at No. 100…pleez, I can’t take the list seriously after seeing that. He should be ATLEAST top 50.

[quote=“casstommy, post:8, topic:24246”]Farve is too high. I’d like to see Barry Sanders a little higher. Its a hard list to make because of the different nature of the positions. I mean, was Anthony Munoz a better player than Barry Sanders or Ray Lewis? I dunno?

Also, I’ve never seen Sid Luckman play a down in my life but I’d almost bet the farm that he’s not the 33 best football player of all time.[/quote]

Nice analysis… ;D

[quote=“919R, post:10, topic:24246”][quote=“casstommy, post:8, topic:24246”]Farve is too high. I’d like to see Barry Sanders a little higher. Its a hard list to make because of the different nature of the positions. I mean, was Anthony Munoz a better player than Barry Sanders or Ray Lewis? I dunno?

Also, I’ve never seen Sid Luckman play a down in my life but I’d almost bet the farm that he’s not the 33 best football player of all time.[/quote]

Nice analysis… ;D[/quote]

I feel that way about a lot of guys from the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s and 50’s. I just have a hard time believing that they would be a better football player than a lot of guys left off the list.

Would you rather have Sid Luckman or a Warren Moon?

Lists like these are so subjective they’re worth nothing more than Bar talk.

Complaining about your spot on this list is ridiculous. How many athletes have played in the NFL? To be considered among 100 of the best is an honor by itself.

Would you expect anything else from this idiot?

Found the list of All Time Yards From Scrimmage. Surprisingly, Emmit Smith is still ahead of Faulk and Tomlinson. Among RBs, Smith is #1, Faulk #3 and LT #7. LT will probably move to #5 by the end of this season.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/yds_from_scrimmage_career.htm