NFL Network to carry CUSA Football games

I hope Hill never reads this board.

2 Likes

The NFL announced Monday that it has reached a four-year media rights deal with Conference USA to televise ten football games per season. NFL Network, which carries the Senior Bowl and previously aired the Cactus and Texas bowls, will air the games at 3:30 PM ET on Saturdays. According to Sports Business Daily, NFL Network is replacing beIN Sports as one of the five Conference USA rights partners.

Taking over our BeIN games, and they are expected to bid on part of the MWC contract.

1 Like

The only issue with this deal is CUSA allowing CBSSN and Stadium have 1st and 2nd picks of the games. NFL Network should be top tier.

We still don’t clearly know if CUSA is generating revenue from the NFL Network deal. CBSSN is paying (not a lot) for the content.

If they’re paying anything it’s whatever BeIn was paying mkst likely. They took BeIn’s place, though i believe they are carrying more games than BeIn was going to.

Cusa isn’t going to get a good tv deal. Is what it is. Go for maximum exposure.

1 Like

Peanuts

On the bright side though, this is BeIN’s former schedule of games. I’d guess that’s about what BeIN was paying and we get a lot more exposure through the NFLN.

2 Likes

Its all about exposure at this point for CUSA. We aren’t getting a great TV deal, so get in front of eyeballs.

3 Likes

500K lol

how much do you think the nfl network makes off of tv ads during cusa games? So they are making a ton more than the $50k-$60k per game they are paying? I’m prob underestimating viewership, overhead, ad revenue. I know they aren’t losing money but are they taking yachts around the world in the off-season off of this deal?