Nicolas Halmon - 2013 S soft verbal

original thread lost - Halmon is a 6’ 180 S out of Bamberg-Ehrhardt HS, SC. Had offers from Vandy and Arizona. I’d very much consider this a soft verbal for us.

Rivals - no stars

Scout - 2 stars

ESPN - no stars

247 - no profile

Looks like he’s going to the South Carolina vs ECU game, wouldn’t be surprised if Gamecocks bringing him in for a visit. They probably see him as someone they can flip late if they need to.

Any more information on this guy on his commitment status? I knew he was a soft verbal and now he looks more interested in other schools.

My guess is if SEC/ACC offer comes in, he’s jumping on it.

Sure won’t be the last time we see this tactic from a recruit. It’s always better to have a backup plan and right now we’re his backup. Let’s just hope that if he doesn’t get that SEC/ACC scholarship that he comes in here with that chip on his shoulder aimed at the opponents on the field.

Sure won’t be the last time we see this tactic from a recruit. It’s always better to have a backup plan and right now we’re his backup. Let’s just hope that if he doesn’t get that SEC/ACC scholarship that he comes in here with that chip on his shoulder aimed at the opponents on the field.[/quote]

Scout shows an offer from Vandy (and one form Arizona).

Sure won’t be the last time we see this tactic from a recruit. It’s always better to have a backup plan and right now we’re his backup. Let’s just hope that if he doesn’t get that SEC/ACC scholarship that he comes in here with that chip on his shoulder aimed at the opponents on the field.[/quote]

Scout shows an offer from Vandy (and one form Arizona).[/quote]I’ve seen also that Arizona never offered. Vandy could have had a verbal before he could pull the trigger. I guess I could also rephrase, a more notable SEC/ACC school.

Scout shows an offer from Vandy (and one form Arizona).[/quote]I’ve seen also that Arizona never offered. Vandy could have had a verbal before he could pull the trigger. I guess I could also rephrase, a more notable SEC/ACC school.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s fair, haha. At least Vandy finished the year ranked (though they were supposed to be top-10 material and ended up 19th). Here’s hoping that we can hold onto him.

RT @Legendd6: Coach Adams an Coach Tall coming to my house in a few to visit #Uncc #Cusa

Played in Shrine Bowl

[quote=“2k, post:9, topic:26931”]RT @Legendd6: Coach Adams an Coach Tall coming to my house in a few to visit #Uncc #Cusa

Played in Shrine Bowl[/quote]

Private school Shrine Bowl? Public Bowl is 12/15. Thanks.

Has his official visit on Jan 18-20, stated on twitter he’d like an ECU offer.

[quote=“49er1, post:10, topic:26931”][quote=“2k, post:9, topic:26931”]RT @Legendd6: Coach Adams an Coach Tall coming to my house in a few to visit #Uncc #Cusa

Played in Shrine Bowl[/quote]

Private school Shrine Bowl? Public Bowl is 12/15. Thanks.[/quote]

He played in SC’s North-South All Star game in Myrtle Beach.

From his twitter, sounds like he’s expecting more offers to come in soon. Waiting on a call from WVU.

It looks like Coach Lambert and other staff paid Halmon a visit this past week. He will be one of several guys we have on official visits this weekend.

[left]Nicholas Halmon ™ ‏[size=12px]@Legendd6[/size][/left][left]Really enjoying this #Uncc visit…[/left]

Has stated to a current fball player that he is committed to Charlotte.