Niner Baseball beats Wake

http://charlotte49ers.collegesports.com/sp…/033005aab.html

Saw it in the Observer this morning. Impressive win 10-4. I saw us play Wake 2 years ago over in Kannapolis. Wake was clearly better. Maybe we have caught up. Winning 2 out of 3 against ECU over the weekend was another milestone.

And yet we still have the worst baseball field in North Carolina. I think our baseball team will keep getting better, but we need a good place for them to play. Still though, great win for our team, hope they can keep up the sucess against Tulane next weekend.

So who is this coach going to interview with after the season?

[b]Wake was clearly better. Maybe we have caught up. [/b]

WFU game story

Not sure Wake is quite as good as past seasons. They are only 11-16 this year. I, too, have seen them play in Charlotte & the Deacon program seemed far ahead of the Niners.

But, at 11-16 maybe they are having a off year. In defense of the Niner 9, I’ve seen them in person once this year & they are exceptionally young this season. The game I was at had a Jr at SS, a Sr at DH… everyone else were Fr & So.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Mar 31 2005, 11:44 AM [b] Saw it in the Observer this morning. Impressive win 10-4. I saw us play Wake 2 years ago over in Kannapolis. Wake was clearly better. Maybe we have caught up. Winning 2 out of 3 against ECU over the weekend was another milestone. [/b]
We need to get at least 2 out of 3 at SLU, and then we play a formerly ranked team and a ranked team 4 games next week at home. Winthrop on Wednesday, and then #4 Tulane on the weekend. If we split those four games we would be doing well.
[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Mar 31 2005, 01:15 PM [b]
[b]Wake was clearly better. Maybe we have caught up. [/b]

WFU game story

Not sure Wake is quite as good as past seasons. They are only 11-16 this year. I, too, have seen them play in Charlotte & the Deacon program seemed far ahead of the Niners.

But, at 11-16 maybe they are having a off year. In defense of the Niner 9, I’ve seen them in person once this year & they are exceptionally young this season. The game I was at had a Jr at SS, a Sr at DH… everyone else were Fr & So. [/b]

We are very young this year. And, yes, we have the worst facilities in the country!

Nice win and don’t forget the rematch is April 20 here in Charlotte.

Niners baseball should have some good teams the next couple of years. The roster only list 1 senior and 7 Jr. Plus add the Zack kid from North Meck…

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Mar 31 2005, 01:18 PM [b] We need to get at least 2 out of 3 at SLU, and then we play a formerly ranked team and a ranked team 4 games next week at home. Winthrop on Wednesday, and then #4 Tulane on the weekend. If we split those four games we would be doing well. [/b]
We got the sweep over SLU. Currently 19-9, 5-4 C-USA.

Niners sweep St. Louis

Now Winthrop at home Wed, followed by 3 games with #3 Tulane Fri-Sat.

When was the last time we had a start this good? Seems like '92 maybe? Bueller?

[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Apr 4 2005, 11:25 AM [b] When was the last time we had a start this good? Seems like '92 maybe? Bueller? [/b]
1998 was a huge year. 2 first team all americans- Robinson and Matan they were like 42-18...give or take

at large bid to NCAA.

Thanks TC!

[i]Originally posted by metro+Apr 4 2005, 11:53 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (metro @ Apr 4 2005, 11:53 AM)
[i]Originally posted by FFNiner[/i]@Apr 4 2005, 01:10 PM [b] How'd that team do in the tournament? I don't think very good. Has our baseball coach ever been under scrutiny. What is expected of them? [/b]
We lost both games that year and pretty bad from what I remember. I think we played Rice one of those games. It still is amazing to me that Robinson and Matan are already done with their baseball careers. I thought both had a great chance to make the show. The SS, Joey Hammond, on that team was darn good too. He's still with the Orioles last time I checked.

metro u coming out to the games this weekend?

[i]Originally posted by A-10 bound[/i]@Apr 4 2005, 04:43 PM [b] metro u coming out to the games this weekend? [/b]
yes. We will take 2 out of 3.
[i]Originally posted by N1NER+Apr 4 2005, 02:53 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (N1NER @ Apr 4 2005, 02:53 PM)