Niner Baseball picked to repeat

No surprises here.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=205367094

With the start of the 2012 season coming fast, the Atlantic 10 Conference coaches voted the Charlotte 49ers baseball program as the favorite to repeat as conference champions, in results posted Monday. The 49ers have captured four of the last five regular-season titles (2007, '08, '10, '11), and are attempting to win three consecutive crowns. The 49ers have also won three of the last five conference tournaments ('07, '08, '11), advancing to the NCAA Regionals in each of those seasons.
[b] Team (2011 Overall/A-10 Record) - Points
  1. Charlotte (43-16/17-7) - 167 points
  2. Rhode Island (31-22/16-8) - 140 points
  3. Dayton (32-27/15-9) - 129 points
  4. Xavier (30-27/14-10) - 124 points
  5. Richmond (29-27/13-11) - 123 points
  6. Saint Louis (29-26/10-14) - 95 points
  7. Fordham (31-23/12-11) - 80 points
  8. La Salle (28-26/13-11) - 74 points
  9. Saint Joseph’s (21-31/11-13) - 74 points
  10. St. Bonaventure (23-23/13-11) -57 points
  11. George Washington (19-36/9-15) - 55 points
  12. Massachusetts (17-29/8-15) - 38 points
  13. Temple (24-29/4-20) - 27 points
    [/b]

When did they give out season tickets last season?

charlotte49ers.com says somewhere they’re mailed early February. If you look on ticketreturn I see they’ve already assigned my seats, if you’re interested in where you’ll be.

charlotte49ers.com says somewhere they’re mailed early February. If you look on ticketreturn I see they’ve already assigned my seats, if you’re interested in where you’ll be.[/quote]

Got it. Thanks.

Great news. Not surprising, but still great news.

charlotte49ers.com says somewhere they’re mailed early February. If you look on ticketreturn I see they’ve already assigned my seats, if you’re interested in where you’ll be.[/quote]

Got it. Thanks.[/quote]

I got an e-mail last night saying that they would be mailed out on February 3rd. Also there are still a few lower level season tickets left. $49

Got it. Thanks.[/quote]

I got an e-mail last night saying that they would be mailed out on February 3rd. Also there are still a few lower level season tickets left. $49[/quote]

I am so very ready for baseball season. Happily, I won’t have to wait very much longer. I’m ready for more “Saturdays at the Hayes”.

Big tailgate for our 1st Saturday game?

Why not!?!?

Why not!?!?[/quote]

I am not a huge baseball fan - but I am a fan of tailgating. I might could be convinced to bring the Normbulance out!

Charlotte 49ers Preseason Baseball Report: Pitchers/Catchers

Interviews with players and Coach Hibbs about upcoming season. Tennis facility looks cool from the perspective of the Hayes over the left field wall. Megan’s nice, too. 8)

Charlotte 49ers Baseball First Practice of 2012

CollegeBaseballInsider.com’s A-10 preview:

http://www.collegebaseballinsider.com/12Preseason/12A10Preview.html

[font=arial][b]Charlotte shackles competition in Atlantic 10 [/b][/font] [size=2]CollegeBaseballInsider.com asked college coaches around the country to preview the 2012 college baseball season by sharing their insights on the teams and players to watch in their conferences. CBI compiled their answers to provide a sneak peek for the season ahead. [/size] [b]The team to beat: Charlotte[/b]

The top starting pitchers: Andrew Smith, Charlotte (right); Burny Mitchem, Dayton; Tyler Barnette, Charlotte

The pitcher you least want to face: Andrew Smith, Charlotte

The best catcher arm: (tie) Eddie Palmer, Saint Joseph’s; and Ross Steedley, Charlotte

The best defensive outfielder: Shane Brown, Charlotte

The best game coach: (tie) Jim Foster, Rhode Island; and Loren Hibbs, Charlotte

The assistant coach most ready for a head-coaching job: Brandon Hall, Charlotte

Also, an article on GW’s new ‘Park.’

http://www.collegebaseballinsider.com/12Preseason/12A10GW.html

I have my season tickets but our home Baseball schedule
is “not very exciting”.
I know we struggle in getting good teams to come here but it
would be nice to see some Big Names on the schedule.

[quote=“BigTimeNiner, post:14, topic:26258”]I have my season tickets but our home Baseball schedule
is “not very exciting”.
would be nice to see some Big Names on the schedule.[/quote]

I’d say overall, the weekend home series’ we have this year are better than last year. We have what is equivalent to a Sweet 16 team coming in with Dallas Baptist. Last year the ‘biggest name’ team was Mizzou, who had a down year.

The mid-week home games are pretty much the same as last year (minus 1 game).

We are playing most of our ‘big names’ on the road this year (GT, Mizzou, NC State) and I am fine with that. I wish we would do it more honestly. The program will get better that way. Eventually we’d start getting regular marquee home series at the Hayes.

I wish we would trade in one of our weaker non-cons for one of the early season Tournaments somewhere.

Exactly.

I used the term “Big Name” programs for a reason.
You and I know that Dallas Baptist is a strong Baseball program - but who cares?
I would like to see some names that draw attention to our program.
Maybe some SEC teams or even ECU.

[quote=“BigTimeNiner, post:14, topic:26258”]I have my season tickets but our home Baseball schedule
is “not very exciting”.
would be nice to see some Big Names on the schedule.[/quote]
Sorta related to this and the Facebook pic of all the paper tickets printed out, just wondering why they still print paper season tickets instead of the plastic cards they use for basketball? They have network connectivity at the Hayes, so technically, it shouldn’t be a problem scanning the cards. It’s gotta be pretty expensive and time-consuming printing and packaging all of those tickets.

I am so pumped for this season. Tailgating, sunny days at the Hayes and, oh yeah, a competitive team on the field. Can’t ask for more than that.

[quote=“BigTimeNiner, post:16, topic:26258”]Exactly.

I used the term “Big Name” programs for a reason.
You and I know that Dallas Baptist is a strong Baseball program - but who cares?
I would like to see some names that draw attention to our program.
Maybe some SEC teams or even ECU.[/quote]

I think ECU is a possibility, but I don’t see an SEC coming up here for a weekend series. Looking at their schedules, they don’t travel for OOC weekends.

We have a better shot at getting some of the high quality teams from up north like UConn during the early season when our weather is nicer. I beleive that Ohio State is coming in for a 3 game series next season.

Charlotte 49ers Spring 2012 Sports Preview - Baseball