Niner Baseball- Week 4

Disagree. He’s spent most of his time here coaching kids in a “rec league” stadium and still lacks the facilities that most “Super Regional” teams have.

As mentioned before, a NEW hitting facility would do wonders for this program. Take a close look at their current hitting facility. I’ve seen t-ball programs that offer more.

Also, while this field has lights, don’t think there are not issues with them.

Disagree. He’s spent most of his time here coaching kids in a “rec league” stadium and still lacks the facilities that most “Super Regional” teams have.

As mentioned before, a NEW hitting facility would do wonders for this program. Take a close look at their current hitting facility. I’ve seen t-ball programs that offer more.

Also, while this field has lights, don’t think there are not issues with them.[/quote]

Our fan base is so toxic right now.

While you may be right about needing a new hitting facility TC, who is going to pay for it?

Isn’t it in the budget for a baseball stadium rennovation around 2018?

$2.5 million for Hayes expansion in 2016-17 budget year.

https://www.northcarolina.edu/bog/doc.php?code=bog&id=21512

More importantly if you read that budget they allocate 60 Million for our football stadium to be expanded 2014-2015…

And $98.5 million for another Center City building. 8)

What is the Women’s Athletic Facility? A new pool or field?

The '16-'17 budget? The thought of waiting til then is depressing. Baseball will be further behind at that time.

Plenty of time for that money to be redirected somewhere besides baseball or just be cut.

The school “found” a healhy sum of money for a tennis facility A percentage of that money would do just fine in bringing baseball up to a “super regional” facility.

We left 13 men on base the first game today. We’ve got to do a better job of getting those guys home. A couple of errors resulted in a few unearned runs too. I hope we settle down before conference play.

Why did the girl’s softball “stadium” used be so much nicer than the old baseball field? I heard more than one visiting fan comment on us doing things “backward”, and it was quite embarrassing.

Baseball fans had to walk across the street to get a dog or take a leak.

[quote=“49r9r, post:31, topic:26457”]Why did the girl’s softball “stadium” used be so much nicer than the old baseball field? I heard more than one visiting fan comment on us doing things “backward”, and it was quite embarrassing.

Baseball fans had to walk across the street to get a dog or take a leak.[/quote] When was this? True there were no bathroom facilities or concessions at the baseball field, but both baseball and softball were crappy in my memory.

Isn’t that enough?

Been to a variety of AAA, AA, high A, low A, Rookie league, college, high school, local town parks (for AAU tourneys and rec league games), yet the previous version of Robert and Mariam Hayes Stadium was the only place that forced visitors to cover such a great distance to use a bathroom. Even the players had to leave the park. That fact on its own was pretty sad.

[quote=“TCbaseball, post:33, topic:26457”]Isn’t that enough?

Been to a variety of AAA, AA, high A, low A, Rookie league, college, high school, local town parks (for AAU tourneys and rec league games), yet the previous version of Robert and Mariam Hayes Stadium was the only place that forced visitors to cover such a great distance to use a bathroom. Even the players had to leave the park. That fact on its own was pretty sad.[/quote]

Good thing they fixed that problem, huh?

the previous stadium was 30 years behind the schools the coaching staff competes with. The current stadium is only 10 years behind. The school is making progress, however, the pace is still too slow

Is the stadium the problem? Or is it the facilities around the stadium that is the problem?

Really? We are in the middle if building our football stadium, will most likely have to expand it soon. Halton will need a refresh. I want us to have nice facilities but lets be realistic where baseball is on the list of college sports. Batting facilities makes sense but with limited resources let’s keep clear where we need to invest the majority of our funding.

More the facilities, but I consider the stadium to collectively include the facilities

You are talking about a school that is spending HOW MUCH on a tennis facility??

That money could have bought football stadium lights, marching band, built batting facility, upgraded baseball lights for TV.

But then again maybe I completely underestimate the popularity of COLLEGE TENNIS.

You are talking about a school that is spending HOW MUCH on a tennis facility??

That money could have bought football stadium lights, marching band, built batting facility, upgraded baseball lights for TV.

But then again maybe I completely underestimate the popularity of COLLEGE TENNIS.[/quote]

Agree on the tennis facility. Did I read though thats what the donors wanted?