Niner Baseball

Pitcher Erik Walker is a finalist for the Roger Clemens Award for best collegiate pitcher. He’s also a finalist for the Stopper of the Year Award for best relief pitcher.
Woo! Go Niners!

He has some sick numbers at the D-I level. Their schedule isn’t very tough, but the numbers are solid:

ERA- 1.36
44K in 33 innings
Only 21 hits

He has 23 walks. Cut those in half and I would like to see his ERA.

Walked batters that score are not earned runs. No change of ERA.

[b]Walked batters that score are not earned runs. No change of ERA. [/b]

Not true. If you walk a man, and he scores with no errors, he’s an earned run.

Unearned runs come because of errors (which prolong the life of a batter or runner).

Just because someone walks doesn’t mean they become unearned. A walk is like a hit, the batter earns his way on.

clt pities the fool who thinks that walks dont count in your era. beer does count.

[i]Originally posted by cltniners[/i]@Apr 23 2005, 12:43 AM [b] clt pities the fool who thinks that walks dont count in your era. beer does count. [/b]
moss2k wonders if alcohol counts against the era in the intramural leagues?

MightyMitchFan wonders how far the homerun he hit off Erik Walker in high school went.

Walker gave up his first 2 home runs of the year this week. He came in to close a game out saturday and couldn’t do it. Luckily the 49ers held on for the 15-14 vicotry.

THe UTimes did a feature on Rochelle and he hurt his quad, they did a feature on Eddie Basden and the niners lost their last 4, now the UTimes is doing a feature on Erik Walker and he starts showing signs on slipping. The UTimes should be banned from writing features of our athletes.

Walker is the man…and his INTRO music is the best of all time!!! haha

[b]Walked batters that score are not earned runs. No change of ERA.[/b]

That is hilarious. Keep 'em coming, dude.

What’s his intro. music? Is it like “Wild Thing” in Major League?

We’ve put out quite a few good pitchers the past few years. Hopefully recruits are taking notice.