Niner managing in the minors

I just found this out today, but Donovan Mitchell who was a Niner in the 90’s, is the mgr of the Savannah Sandnats. He was our 3rd baseman my frosh year. Great guy, great player…still holds some Niner offensive records. Lets hope he climbs the latter to MLB. (its Mets btw)

paging Ryan Rose for a story:biggrin:

[URL]http://www.nyfuturestars.com/userblurb.php?item=1006[/URL]

Another Niner, Stu Cole is or was managing last year in the minors as well. Don’t recall the team (tulsa drillers maybe), but he was the skipper of the team that had Coolbaugh as a coach. If you remember, Coolbaugh was tragically killed by a line drive in a game while coaching the bases. Stu was one of the first ones on the scene.

NinerJags?

Another Niner, Stu Cole is or was managing last year in the minors as well. Don't recall the team (tulsa drillers maybe), but he was the skipper of the team that had Coolbaugh as a coach. If you remember, Coolbaugh was tragically killed by a line drive in a game while coaching the bases. Stu was one of the first ones on the scene.
that is correct, he is still the mgr of Tulsa

Stu went to South Meck, played at UNCC in the 80’s, made it to MLB for the Royals

Sweet, I have a green Sand Gnats hat that my folks got me when they visited there.

Best of luck to Donovan!!

btw his nickname is “Q”

if you yelled it at a game, you’d blow his mind