Niner mention in Washington Post

Funny. Says Martin Iti is a big reason why the 49ers are doing well. Also says Lutz “should be a hot commodity when the season ends”.

Washington Post on Charlotte

Registration required, but just enter the following email address and password to access the article:
notarealaddy@notarealdomainname.net
password: bugmenot

Maybe the Washington Post now considers us one of the hometown teams. We’re about as close to Washington as some of the Observer’s hometown teams are to Charlotte.

[i]Originally posted by Sideshow[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 07:15 PM [b] Funny. Says Martin Iti is a big reason why the 49ers are doing well. Also says Lutz "should be a hot commodity when the season ends".

Washington Post on Charlotte

Registration required, but just enter the following email address and password to access the article:
notarealaddy@notarealdomainname.net
password: bugmenot [/b]

Yet another reason to hate that rag. I have disliked the Post for quite some time now and was pissed they didn’t cover the Niner win over Tulane in the Top 25 section. The comment about Iti only serves to solidify my opinion that they are a bunch of idiots.

[b]Over40NINER Posted on Feb 22 2005, 07:23 PM Maybe the Washington Post now considers us one of the hometown teams. We're about as close to Washington as some of the Observer's hometown teams are to Charlotte.

[/b]

May be the move to the Atlantic 10 was not so bad after all. We will certainly get nice coverage when we play GW with the Post.

Using the Observer logic, the NY Times will also consider us as one of their hometown teams. I bet St Johns receives no coverage once we start playing in the A10. The Times will have our game against St Joes on the front page and have the St Johns coverage on page 16.

B) B) B)

As long as my Niners have coverage I will subscribe to the Times, NY Times and the Washington Post. :stuck_out_tongue:

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 08:00 PM [b] Using the Observer logic, the NY Times will also consider us as one of their hometown teams. I bet St Johns receives no coverage once we start playing in the A10. The Times will have our game against St Joes on the front page and have the St Johns coverage on page 16.

B) B) B) [/b]

Wonder how good it will be? Most likely will read about how GW either won or lost the game with nothing noteworthy about the Niners.

Since Eddie is from DC, you’d think they’d do some sort of feature on him. Maybe they will yet.

What is the difference compare to where we are now? At least we will have exposure which is good for recruit.

Ban the Washington Post!

Don’t get down on the Post they have always been favorable about the Niners, they know about Eddie, Superman, in fact everyone in that area knows about Hill, Rodney and Eddie.

I finally figured out why Martin’s sucked so badly this year…he’s too busy commanding his field staff of p.r. people,getting his name out there as a major reason for our success…WAIT A MINUTE,COME TO THINK OF IT…HE IS…SINCE COACH STARTING PLAYING HIM ABOUT 10 MINUTES A GAME,WE’VE BEEN ALMOST UNBEATABLE!!

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 09:00 PM [b] Using the Observer logic, the NY Times will also consider us as one of their hometown teams. I bet St Johns receives no coverage once we start playing in the A10. The Times will have our game against St Joes on the front page and have the St Johns coverage on page 16.

B) B) B) [/b]

The Times is like 5BNYSP.

Daily News
Newsday
Bergen Record
NY Post
New York Times
Newark Star Ledger

[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 10:13 PM [b] The Times is like 5BNYSP.

Daily News
Newsday
Bergen Record
NY Post
New York Times
Newark Star Ledger [/b]

The Observer would be 5BCSP if we had 5 newspapers in Charlotte,

B)