Niner Pride Initiative - Incoming students

[CENTER][CENTER]:49ers:NPI:49ers:
(Niner.Pride.Initiative.)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

I’ve got a meeting being set up with SOAR(Orientation) on campus to see about getting a push for implementing a Niner Pride Initiative at all incoming freshman orientation sessions. If anyone is interested in getting some new freshmen excited about being a Niner, and progressing all these freshies all the way to being a giving Donor after they graduate, and a life long Niner fan, Let me know and I will give you some more details as they come around. If anyone has any ideas on what we could propose to the SOAR department, please PM me or post on here details.

THANKS! AND GO NINERS!:49ers:

Get something printed online and in the SOAR packets about [B]What not to bring to SOAR/UNC Charlotte: GEAR FROM OTHER SCHOOLS, unless you intend to burn it in the bonfire.[/B]

the video, as well, is the best idea.

Count me in. Good work with all of this!!

I have a few ideas. Let me brainstorm for a few days, and I’ll get back to you with a list.

Good job.

I think the best option would be a video presentation. Perhaps a NPI representative could say a few words before and after…keep it simple. What do you think?

The video needs to be FIERY and PASSIONATE…I think the halftime video shown at Halton at halftime is the best example. It needs to get people fired up. I would say about a 5 minute video or so?

Here is some footage that we might want to include in the video. Let’s brainstorm and add/subtract from this list…

• The '77 Final Four
  • Conference championships…most especially the recent ones (99, 01, 04). We need actual video footage of the cutting of the net, the classic game-winning buzzer-beating shots and dunks and highlights
  • Footage of the historic upsets and rivalries
  • Footage of the packed campouts outside Halton
  • Footage and coverage of us in the media
  • Footage of a packed arena chanting “FORTY NINERS”… and perhaps footage of 104 jumping like hooligans before the game (or when we’re on defense)

[QUOTE=gotLutz;316023]Good job.

I think the best option would be a video presentation. Perhaps a NPI representative could say a few words before and after…keep it simple. What do you think?

The video needs to be FIERY and PASSIONATE…I think the halftime video shown at Halton at halftime is the best example. It needs to get people fired up. I would say about a 5 minute video or so?

Here is some footage that we might want to include in the video. Let’s brainstorm and add/subtract from this list…

• The '77 Final Four

• Conference championships…most especially the recent ones (99, 01, 04). We need actual video footage of the cutting of the net, the classic shots and dunks and highlights

• Footage of the historic upsets and rivalries

• Footage of the packed campouts outside Halton

• Footage of a packed arena chanting “FORTY NINERS”… and perhaps footage of 104 jumping[/QUOTE]

• Footage of the NCAA banners in Halton

• Footage of John Maine

• footage of us beating Davidson and Curry

This is something I know many on here, my self included, are passionate about. Count me in.

we need bobby and the players talking about what it means to be a niner.
we should also get jamie green to talk about the golf team, no chance the kids coming in know that we have the premier golf program in the nation.
we should get lindsay ozimek to talk about how ****ing dominant the women’s soccer team is.
get coach hibbs and the players to talk about our baseball team.
let the students know that we have nationally competitive programs in LOTS of sports.

we need [B]bobby [/B]and the players talking about what it means to be a niner. we should also get [B]jamie green[/B] to talk about the golf team, no chance the kids coming in know that we have the premier golf program in the nation. we should get [B]lindsay ozimek[/B] to talk about how ****ing dominant the women's soccer team is. get [B]coach hibbs[/B] and the players to talk about our baseball team. [U]let the students know that we have nationally competitive programs in LOTS of sports[/U].

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. At the least, Bobby needs to be in this video. Even just a short 30-second clip will do, where he’s talking to the camera. Preferrably the golf team, baseball team, as well, and maybe even the womens soccer team.

We need Kait to help out in the best way she can.

I’ve got the professional video editing software. If we can find some footage, I can get a draft video together, just to get us an idea of what it needs to look like.

Any leads on footage, anyone?

Well whatever we do make sure the quality is above this level:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg[/media]

ahh the classics.

someone get the footage the AD used to make the promo videos shown at halton.
we need pictures.

here’s an idea:

HAVE BOBBY NARRATE THE VIDEO.
that way kids know him as a recognizable figure.

and what direction do we want to go?

possible titles:

[B]What It Means To Be a Niner[/B]

[B]______________________?[/B]

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;316032]Well whatever we do make sure the quality is above this level:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg[/media]

ahh the classics.[/QUOTE]

HOLY **** !! that sucks.

THAT IS HORRID and embarrassing. So bad, that I would consider accepting the school name as UNC-Chapel Hill at Charlotte before allowing this to be associated with my alma mater.

If anyone creates a promo even close to this quality, future donations from this alum will NOT NOT NOT

with that said, carry on with the thread.

no cheesy graphics or pictures.

If Lutz, Hibbs and Jamie Green can’t participate and inspire some passion, they should expect their contracts to be renegotiated.

Please exclude Judy from any promo activities. Nothing against her, but there need to be people involved that fans can identify with.

Definitely the white out… that was crazy.

Also, not so much in the video but during the presentation we need to explain to them why supporting other schools is so bad for their college experience.

Still don’t think it’ll work… hate to say it but the only way to get rid of the cholera epidemic is to beat them all the **** off of our campus.

But I volunteer to speak and everything… I promise I’ll do it in a non-threatening way.

I don’t personally think a video is the way to go. I mean a video would help but it better be a damn good video and can’t be the primary tactic. I personally don’t think I’d be won over by a mere video. A kind of speech from Coach Lutz would be better IMO. And I think he’d do it as he always says he’ll do anything to improve fan support.

I would definitely be interested in this. It’s a great idea.

I don't personally think a video is the way to go. I mean a video would help but it better be a damn good video and can't be the primary tactic. I personally don't think I'd be won over by a mere video. A kind of speech from Coach Lutz would be better IMO. And I think he'd do it as he always says he'll do anything to improve fan support.

i agree, but do you think that bobby would be able to speak to every group of soar students all summer?

we need to be realistic.

We need Kait to help out in the best way she can.
dont think i didnt notice this, cause i did. and i commend you for it. well played, sir.

[QUOTE=jfickett;316043]i agree, but do you think that bobby would be able to speak to every group of soar students all summer?

we need to be realistic.[/QUOTE]

Use both.

Create video representating all of the main teams and coaches.

Then feature a representative from the video.

One time its Lutz.

Next its the women’s hoops coach.

Next time its Lutz or Hibbs.

There are enough candidates that it shouldn’t fall only on ONE PERSON. (even though Lutz is most identifiable)